Faction Weapons should benefit from all skills

The joke is that, to benefit from T2 skills, they also need to require those skills.

What I think you actually want is to have faction weapons have a slight upgrade over T2.
In the case of launchers, there are two upgrades : DPS upgrade, or fitting upgrade

Rapid light

the 6.24 base Delay of Salvo (DoS) of the T2 is impacted by the “light missile specialization” which makes it 6.24×0.9 = 5.61 at L5 . so it actually sits between the “fitting” and the “DPS” faction in terms of gain - but still has less capacity than both.
The actual gain of DPS is 5,616 / 5,46 = 1.0286 = +2.86% for faction over T2

HAM

HAM spec also reduces the DoS by 10% so actually 5.76 DoS for T2 launcher.
Actual gain of DPS is 5.76/5.6 = 1.0286 = +2.86%

Heavy neutron

Here medium blaster spec give a 10% bonus to multiplier so actual multiplier is 4.851
I think the issue is that there is no DPS-increased version. IMO :

• create CN version with the stats of the existing faction (copy them as FN)
  • change FN version to have a a +2.86% DPS increase over T2 but with closer fitting (so multiplier = 4.99, PG=185 )

Why create a new one and not update existing one ? First because fitting-first may be better in some case. Then because CN already has DPS-oriented launchers, so should not have also DPS-oriented (balance among empires)

1400mm

difference is actually varrying because T2 has the ×1.1 from spec so it has higher alpha (+10%) and DPS mult = 1,1×38,16 /40,16 = 1.0452 =+4.52%
In that case, in order to have more DPS the faction should have lower DoS, therefore for the same +2.86% bonus as other DoS = 40.16 /1.1 /1.0286 = ± 35.5 . With this they would have more DPS but lower alpha.

I already said faction launchers were balanced (even against their very high cost) in the OP. So I’m glad we’re in agreement.

As for turrets. I’m only asking that their dps be brought to the same standard as tier 2. The high prices (as you saw in the above image, running 50M-100M ISK) don’t justify either the overheating or fitting bonuses.

Also, although I didn’t initially consider the Market Competition of Tier 2 vs Faction launchers (someone actually thought it would be bad if the 0.1% of population controlling tier 2 prices had competition), I think reducing their LP costs such that they cost twice as much a tier 2 weapons would be in order, which would force tier 2 weapons to come down in price, with the end result of tier 2 weapons being 25% the cost of faction weapons.

LP cost is not much…

I agree, but they are marked up 1000%, so what do you want me to say. Sometimes the market needs to be crashed. They can revert back to current LP prices later.

They are priced that way because of the players (and the price of tags)…feel free to sell them for cheaper. Not much CCP or the CSM can do to change that.

I’ll admit, since I don’t do Faction War, I don’t know the exact economic model behind whatever causes these prices to be so high (the OP never mentioned market value, someone else did in the responses).

Surely something can be done to make the faction turrets more affordable (4x to 5x more expensive than tier 2 for turrets) while retaining the current prices on the EWAR modules (as it stands, people like me will happily shell out for a 100M for a faction web or point on a bonused hull like Hyena/Keres/Lach/Loki, etc, because having these in a fleet is a massive force multiplier).

The Faction hulls are in a good spot in my opinion (although the faction and pirate destroyer hulls need some help in their price, at least knock those down 25%).

I personally think Faction EWAR should be more expensive. 100M isk for a 65km heated web is drop in the bucket for what it does a in either a small or large fleet fight. Those things should be for at least 300M. Same with faction Target Painters. Huge difference between tier 2 and Faction. Right now their quite cheap (25M-50M) that I’d happily fit 3 to a Hyena and stay max range and aligned.

So one hand you have faction turrets which are virtually off limits except for niche PvE fits or equally rare and niche Attack Battlecruiser fits, on another hand you have faction hulls in a good spot, and on your third hand (what you don’t have three hands!) you have Faction and Deadspace EWAR too cheap!