February 2020 Release - General Feedback

I really don’t understand this update.
Why add more wandering wormhole connections? You aren’t creating more content. You are just making things more wierd for alot of players, even harsher for newer players who wants to get in to WH-living. It already takes huge amounts of energy and focus to live in a WH, why put the weight on more energy? Introduce more C1-C3’s instead of more connections, that creates bases and more spaces for nosey and interest for newer players.

3 Likes

This exactly. I am all for nerfing ores but the nerf this patch makes no sense. Why nerf pyroxeres and omber in highsec, why nerf ores in lowsec when the most money and minerals (of the two secs) are made from moon mining in highsec. Nobody is mining in lowsec anymore except larger corps with cap support and even they dock up if they see ship that can light cyno entering the system.

This just makes no sense. You should have nerfed moon mining in highsec, not regular belts and anoms.

Adding onto weird issues with the item notification feature, I’ve also noticed that breaking a stack of frequency crystals by loading them, or unloading a new set of crystals, both give you a “new item” notification. Needless to say this is both extremely confusing and annoying when switching ammo ranges.

As a side note, what’s the deal with the item redeeming window? It’s missing so much information and is full of so much empty space. It’s not only less useful, but it looks… ugly and flat compared to some of the other new UI like the new wallet. I’m also not a huge fan of how it always has a notification for new items to redeem, and can’t be supressed. Gets pretty obnoxious when you do a lot of project discovery.

3 Likes

They’re nerfing the moon ores in hisec and everywhere. You’re only getting the moon specific ores once the patch hits next month.

1 Like

We have 10 years+ of proof that at CCP, the answer is: it isn’t. Iterate and monitor are both dirty words for these devs, gotta chase the next UI redesign or jesus feature that nobody actually wanted.

4 Likes

Let’s start with a disclaimer: I am in TEST, so I AM in the alliance that is permanently on war with someone else.
While yes, you are right, there are wars all the time. There is not a single war where someone wants to take the space from other groups. It’s always just political war games. After each war, the attackers pulled back to their region.
There are a few attacks from entities that changed stuff, that were only caused by boredom. But if you look at the map, none of these “boredom” wars changed the war capability of nullsec. Tri, CO2, HRE groups etc, they are all disbanded or irrelevant now.

So, every war, had a simple: ye if we lose, we just pull back to a space-pocket, and farm ourself back up again. This was ALWAYS an option.

When it comes about capital escalation, we have different guesses.
I don’t really get though, why suddenly, there should be no capital escalations anymore, when we had a time, (prior rorquals) that had a much lower mineral production too. And at that time, there still were capital escalations… I don’t really get it, why people think: “Now, it’s gonna be different, than last time in the same situation” History shows: It’s not gonna be different, this time!

How stupid - how incredibly stupid - do you have to be to disrupt a game during an ongoing DDOS attack when people are already angry. Angry not only about the DDOS but the broken architecture amplifying the problems caused by the attack (separate chat servers, legacy code, etc.).

My patience and my ability to adapt has run out. I am now watching this from the side. If CCP wants this to be a game for addicted people without a life then so be it.

3 Likes

I think it will increase them. More industrail pilot for sure quit . And prices will go up so you bet ur self botting will be more worth doing.

Funny part is that mining small rocks with barges is cancer, so if anything, more people will resort to botting/renting to bots for income.

2 Things I have noticed and want changed from the update

1: POCOs no longer show up in the right click warp to menu, making PI more difficult, warping to the planet causes players to warp inside the POCO and get stuck

2: PLEASE LET US REMOVE THAT CARGO TICK, I KNOW THERE IS NEW ITEMS IN MY CARGO I PUT THEM THERE, IT IS ANNOYING AND PROVIDES NO HELPFUL FEEDBACK

6 Likes

With all the miners and industrialists quitting, the change to ore availability will actually become an increase in available ore. Time to start up some more mining toons.

1 Like

The ui of the logout window and the desruptive (way to large) login “news” window feels like a large step backwards … looks worse, feels worse, brings no usability improvements.

There are many places to improve the eve ui … but this is the total wrong approach/direction in my opinion!

2 Likes

you need to remove this red dot thing ccp right ■■■■■■■ now!

2 Likes

You’re a QA? Really? CCP has someone doing QA? From the utter f4cking sh1t you people put out, no one would ever have thought it.

And how about answering the question as to why the f4cking red dots and bing sounds are a good idea? Are you people seriously that terrible at doing anything?

I quit 8 years ago when Hilmar’s mentally challenged nephew brought out the Captains Quarters and the monocles. I came back 3 months ago with a vague hope that CCP had learned a thing or two in the time being. I’m seriously considering quitting again.

3 Likes

Can we have an option added to remove the inventory update notifications please CCP?
The text scrolls across my chat windows and due to the amount of LCD I took in university the red dots make my eyes hurt! I think the update slows down the inventory screens as well which is not good. So with these points in mind I would like to turn off this feature as it is a pain in the arse and not a benefit.

TA

8 Likes

Make us able to disable the red dot thinking and the “notification” on the neocom for new item.

It damages my player experience so hard i’m considering stopping the game. Because it does a sound and blink and stuff every 15 sec when you active. It’s a headache

4 Likes

AND…stop the auto-sort crap in the hangers. New stuff you add should stay at the bottom so that YOU CAN SEE IT. Not mixed in with all your other stuff so that you have no idea what you just added. The red dot thing is just complete nonsense and should be removed,

Jeez, you guys really need to play the game and open your hanger or something. What a bag of cr4p.

11 Likes

Just FYI: POCO’s are still visible and warpable-to on the Overview.

Not from the right click menu, its a bug. submitted a ticket

red dot… EXTREMELY annoying!!!

7 Likes