February 2020 Release - General Feedback

Removing the ship altogether seems excessive and would piss a lot of people off - myself included - but they absolutely need some balance changes, as opposed to just reducing ore available

2 Likes

Overall good changes imo, I’m especially always a fan of new QOL changes. However, this “new item” ping is super annoying. Getting visual/audio feedback is great, but give us the option to turn off the sound and keep the icon.

EDIT: Also just noticed that it marks every single item when you multi-buy and doesn’t go away unless you mouse over each of them. It should go away once you click on your inventory, I’d say.
EDITEDIT: Might also be a bug, or maybe it’s just the things I’m buying, but it always stops at 7 before saying “7+” new items, rather than 9. Thought that was super strange.

3 Likes

Options for both would be great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep REALLY annoying quickly ! And there seems to be NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF !

The way it sticks thinks at the top of your inventory hold is also annoying as we’re so used to things going to the end and if you are at the top looking at an item and drag something else in they all seem to reorder again if the red dot is dismissed.

Also if you have a stack of items in your hanger and you take away some and leave like 1 left in the hanger the Inventory system also thinks that counts as “New Item in Hanger” and Pings and Red Dot’s the Inventory hanger (tho doesn’t red dot the item) - OOPS!

9 Likes

By culling I don’t mean remove it. I mean that it needs to be limited to 1 per resource field by limiting the number of active Indu Cores to 1 within 1000 km of a resource field warp in point or rock, and it should act as a ridiculously strong booster.
It should not be possible to have 50 rorquals mine in the same resource field. Mining should primarily come from barges and exhumers, while the Rorqual returns to its originally intended role as best mining booster in EVE. That way, you can even revert the mining yield changes of Excavators back to the first or second iteration as only one Rorq would be able to use them on the field. PANIC should also be bound to an active Indu Core.

5 Likes

So take things back to how they used to be :wink:

The Red Dot of DOOM RDoD is disgusting
Add a switch to disable it, or remove it!

17 Likes

set off the red dots and sound with new items in the inventory. Hovering over it is not good enough, its annoying

16 Likes

This nerf to Ore mining is stupid af. Its a 99.9% reduction of all ore!

6 Likes

There is anomalous behavior with Hypernet searches. Items that are displayed with one search are not displayed with another - the most glaring example of this is when something like this happens:

Followed by:
image .

This inconsistency can be reproduced easily using any search filters that should produce at least one similar result, and do not.

1 Like

You know this line:

“You can now see a list of the capsuleers who own the highest number of HyperNodes in an offer when looking at the offer details view.”

must be important, as it’s listed twice… :expressionless:

Does CCP not have someone/team review things prior to them being published?.. cause they really should look into it, helps with the whole ‘professional organisation’ look.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

7 Likes

grafik

Whoever your UI design guy is, send that person back to school. See this notification window? There is no way at all to clearly figure out which button is pre-focused when the window opens. This has been a major issue with all sorts of notification windows with buttons ever since you introduced that questionable light flow UI design. There needs to be a clearly visible indication which button is pre-focused when you open such a window. Even Windows does a better job at that.

15 Likes

Looks like it is time to get in Catalysts and set Jita on fire while you unsub everything.

7 Likes

I’m curious, if either was the ‘default’? My guess would be neither have the focus, so simply hitting enter on the keyboard wouldn’t actually achieve anything, you need to click something… course, not sure if this makes things better or worse :confused:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

3 Likes

It actually is focused on Yes. There is a very faint white outline around the Yes button that you can easily miss. This faint outline is anything but a clear indicator for what is going on. And in comparison to other windows like the fleet invite window, you at least have a faint chance to see which button might be focused. However, move your mouse around the window on accident and the faint outline disappears. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d be ok with that. You couldn’t just remove hisec moon mining, that cat is out of the bag and over the hills and faraway but it’s too overpowered. I’ve always thought that scouting and finding resources should be how it is, make it hard, make this the interactive bit, if you find the resources you get the prize. In fact WTF has it not always been this way? CCP catering to lazyness probly :frowning:

Change the redeem window back!
Looks like Win10 tiles, utter ■■■■
No options to sort bei expire date
Showing days left is retarded

Functionality removed, replaced by pretty pictures.

13 Likes

Removing crokite from anoms and replacing it with something that doesn’t even give the mineral that crokite was mined for is insanely stupid. Nocxium will now be a major shortage for all industrialists, even more than before. This will majorly screw up the mineral balance, make people switch to moons to mine nocxium producing ores, and cause a large increase in prices across the board. It is also a major buff to highsec moons, which didn’t need the buff and will lead to more citadel spam which is already bad as is.

8 Likes

CCP, you are really starting to bug me lately.
I can’t use the “Personal locations” in the People and places tab anymore, which pisses me off.
Now we have this STUPID, ANNOYING popup whenever a new item is added to the inventory?? WHO ASKED FOR THIS BS?? Add an option to turn it OFF.
TODAY.
I do primarily security missions and combat sites of all types. I then loot and salvage everything. I can’t deal with this feature. I will not play until it is removed except to get my daily SP chores done. I can’t do it. FAR too annoying.
I KNOW the item has been added…I am the one that added it! This is STUPID.
What the HELL are you people doing over there? Quit screwing up everything in the UI, and stop fixing things that aren’t broken!

22 Likes

Does anyone know how the drifter response battleships behavior was changed?