February 2020 Release - General Feedback

The red dot has to go. (or at least be a opt in in the ESC menu)
(reminds me of the ‘gong’ for each kill years ago)

7 Likes

Red dot reminds me of the in-your-face excessive blinky-blink which was added when a locked target is destroyed. This UI feedback was added to help new players who may be uncertain what happened to a locked target. In a chaotic situation it’s possible that it warped away, blinky-blink tells you with certainty.

Think we’ll be waiting until Patch Tuesday to see if/how CCP responds to this Player Feedback.

1 Like

What will it take for you guys to listen? Get rid of the red dots already! Tempted to start making bug reports…

2 Likes

I have to agree that the red dots and noises are very annoying, They don’t enrage me but it does seem unnecessary. When I first started playing I doubt if they would’ve added anything to learning how to play. They’re quite distracting. Please at least add an option to disable them.

2 Likes

Let me just add my voice to the chorus: the red dot menace and accompanying sorting behavior is obnoxious and should at the very least be toggle-able. In future please do a trial run of things like this before inflicting them on us. Isn’t there a test server for this purpose?

P.S. Please force your UI developers and everyone in their management chain to actually play the game for an hour or so on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Something that always boggled my mind personally. If a person is working on creating a game and anyone along the chain of command doesn’t actually play it, why are you working on it?

4 Likes

The red dot in inventory is incredibly annoying. Extremely annoying! And then after spending 10 minutes trying to find the option to disable it only to come to the conclusion that there isn’t one, makes it even worse. I thought you were supposed to be improving the game, not making it worse. A red dot indicating I have new things in my inventory when I just bought something or looted something, thanks for letting me know!

3 Likes

i think I hate it more how when I buy soemthing it goes to the very top of my inventory

I’ve had specific cans and such at the top of my various inventories for over 9 years and now suddenly it all gets rearranged anytime I buy something. I struggle to understand why putting new stuff at the bottom and leaving peoples station inventory layouts alone was such a bad thing after x amount of years

I recently started a new alt and happened to log it in on the day this inventory scramble happened. I was asking for help to see if anyone else knew what was going on

3 Likes

would say get the torches and pitch forks out for the red dot but rather sure spiked clubs and steel toed boots will work much better

for the love of all things evil burn the red dot and it’s damned notices with Fire

2 Likes

Thank you for writing this.

CCP, I have been playing your game (with only brief breaks when RL gets in the way) for 13 years pretty much non-stop, and I have NEVER complained about anything. Until now.

I’m not certain what you thought would happen with your WH changes. Like “The Plaster” I now spend most of my time scanning down sigs that are other wormholes. It’s all wormholes connected to other wormholes. Wormholes all the way down… This change has had the following effect:

1. The mysteriousness and exclusivity of wormhole life is gone. You’re left with the impression that you’re living in a giant network of connect systems just like K-space with the added frustration of having to scan down every gate.
  2. Closing them down is impossible except for the truly compulsive. You gave us polarization and now (without changing that dynamic) you’ve bombarded us with wormholes to everywhere. This has the effect of…
  3. Nobody does anything except PvP. I love PvP. I love wormhole PvP. But before you made this change there were also other things to do in WHs. Now, not so much. Some risk is fine. The risk / reward seemed to be fine before the change. Now it is totally not worth it unless you are in a higher class WH. Would you roll 6 wormholes to run a single anom for ISK$20M? No, you wouldn’t. And your users won’t either.
  4. As far as I can tell the only occupation this change has benefitted are ninja hackers. But even for them it must seem like endless scanning exercise. I haven’t seen an increase in PvP, or even structure bashing. You’ve just nerfed WHs with something that nobody wanted and gutted a truly wonderful part of your universe.

I don’t care about the dot, or the chimes, or all the other dumb ■■■■ you’ve done over the past 13 years. All the wonderful content you’ve created makes up for it all. But it seems like such a crime to ruin some of the most magnificent content in your universe. Why CCP?

So here is my suggestion. Look up how to do an FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis). It’s a LEAN Six Sigma thing. Next time you have a design session and someone puts a problem statement on the table like “we really need to increase player interactions in WH space” you can run it through an FMEA. When one of your geniuses comes up with the idea “what if we triple or quadruple the number of WH connections?” you can run in through the FMEA process:

Create a table of all the potential problems that making that change would cause. Something like this:
a) Players will get annoyed at the constant scanning
b) Players will have to spend a lot more time closing holes
c) Players will feel like they are living in k-space without local and concord
d) etc.

And then for each one ask yourselves what effect that will have on your users. And then talk, for each one, about mitigating strategies. For example with a) this might be a reduction in base scanning time. For b) it may be to change the polarization dynamic. For c) it might be to increase the prevalence of WH content like anoms or sigs.

You guys are a wonderful agile shop, but you seriously need some help in your design decision-making process.

4 Likes

i have played since late 2013 and have seen more then my share of stupid on ccp’s side but ya this batch of mess this month i would more expect from a EA game

3 Likes

:red_circle: Thank you CCP! You removed almost all of my contract history that I built up over the years. Now only contracts from 1 year ago and all my failed contracts show up in the contract history. Much appreciated for preventing me from accessing my data ingame. You are so good.

3 Likes

So, basicly you´ve just REEEEEEd about more wh connections and less chances to roll al wh:s and krab safe?

:red_circle:

:BONG!:

Is there any response from CCP regarding the constant red dot / bong?

Don’t bother putting drones out in the GG sites. They’re designed to be anti-Rattlesnake and anti-Gila (though I see more Gilas doing them than anything else except MAYBE Praxis, RS, and a couple other BSes). IMO, they shoulda used this anti-Rattlesnake and anti-Gila technique on the Emerging Conduits instead of nerfing the respawn rate.

Doing them in Ikitursas myself, keeping the drones in and just trig superlasering everything.

Biggest threat in them is socket disconnects.

oh hey, back to the red dots/ruination of our inventory system after the ruination of our chat system 23 months ago:

If you drag a stack of say 5 MTUs and hold shift and let go and type 2 and try to make a stack of 2 and 3… instead of 2 and 3, your new stacks will say (in my experience the past few days) “2 and 5”.

If you try to re-split the stack of 5, you’ll get an error message. But you have to leave that can/hangar and come back to it and/or close and re-open inventory and/or stack all… before the numbers correct.

This is absolute madness, CCP. Why ruin an inventory system that has worked fairly well for 16 years?

2 Likes

I’d say that since we got a small update today and they didn’t remove it they don’t listen to or care at all about our feedback on the matter.

5 Likes

12 Likes

However, if they aren’t going to remove the annoying ■■■■■■■ red dot ■■■■■■■■, they should at least tell us who is responsible for it so we know who to blame.

2 Likes

And make the freakin’ items STAY AT THE TOP or STAY AT THE BOTTOM. stop this auto-sorting only SOME of the items. come on, guys! come ON! it’s still at it. it’s gotten worse since last week, in fact. now hardly any items even pop to the top with the dots. they’re all auto-sorting in with existing items in the destination container/hangar. So bad.

4 Likes

:red_circle: okay, let me try this another way.

bad dots
InsignificantInconsequentialGyrfalcon-size_restricted

3 Likes