Federation Grand Prix Time Trials Contest YC123

:checkered_flag: The results are in! :checkered_flag:

It’s been 13 days of frantic racing with capsuleers striving to improve their times on the leaderboards across the 3 routes of the Federation Grand Prix. Competitors have had to fine tune their ships and their tactics in order to pull off some epic runs!

Comparing the first times posted back on the 13th to the final times it’s pretty remarkable to see the improvement:

• The final Southern Route best time was 16 minutes faster than the first time posted.
  • The final Eastern Route best time was 12 minutes faster than the first time posted.
  • The final Northern Route best time was 23 minutes faster than the first time posted.

Without further ado it’s time to announce the winners! :trophy:

Congratulations to the capsuleers who achieved the highest final scores in the Federation Grand Prix Time Trials!

Rank Capsuleer Final Score
1 @Drake_Iddon 65
2 @Jack_Alle 53
3 @Larethyl_Seshin 50
4 @Lsund_Ame 48
5 @Alex_z1 27
6 @Elsebeth_Rhiannon 24
7 @xa666 23
8 @Dread_Pirate_Rodgers 18
9 @Romon_Inaken 14
9 @Y_Ashanti 14
10 @Stephane_Turcotte 12

Since Romon Inaken and Y Ashanti were tied on 14 points they will both receive the 9th place prize and Stephane Turcotte who finished 11th will be receiving the 10th place prize.

I will contract the SKIN prizes in to winners in Jita 4-4 today and I will be sending a DM to each of you here on the forum to confirm which account you would like your Omega time added to, so keep an eye on your inboxes.

I’m also happy to announce that after the suggestion by @Lena_Warjan we spoke to the race sponsors and Quafe will be minting a special decoration :medal_sports: which will be awarded to all capsuleers who completed an Extra Lap route during the Federation Grand Prix period.

Additionally, Quafe CEO Poire Viladillet will provide a free sample of Quafe Hyper :beers: to each of the racers as a memento of their experience in the YC123 Time Trials:

Both of these additional rewards will be arriving in the next few days. :checkered_flag:

The process of determining the winner of the Doing it Wrong bonus prize category will now commence and I will update you all on that soon - I just wanted to get this news to you first!

Southern Route Final Leaderboard

Position Capsuleer Time Points
1 Drake Iddon 0:31:06 25
2 Larethyl Seshin 0:34:06 20
3 Lsund Ame 0:34:34 18
4 Alex z1 0:35:43 15
5 Stephane Turcotte 0:35:47 12
6 Jack Alle 0:36:14 10
7 xa666 0:37:31 8
8 Lucian Smithers 0:39:17 6
9 Romon Inaken 0:39:33 4
10 Y Ashanti 0:39:36 2

Eastern Route Final Leaderboard

1 Jack Alle 0:12:56 25
2 Larethyl Seshin 0:12:57 20
3 Dread Pirate Rodgers 0:13:16 18
4 Drake Iddon 0:14:16 15
5 Elsebeth Rhiannon 0:14:47 12
6 Lsund Ame 0:14:53 10
7 Y Ashanti 0:14:56.1 8
8 Alex z1 0:14:56.4 6
9 BertsMoM Smasher 0:15:19 4
10 Romon Inaken 0:15:20 2
  • While scores have usually been published in whole seconds, tenths of a second have been included with Y Ashanti and Alex z1’s scores here to break a tie.

Northern Route Final Leaderboard

1 Drake Iddon 0:18:34 25
2 Lsund Ame 0:23:31 20
3 Jack Alle 0:24:03 18
4 xa666 0:26:21 15
5 Elsebeth Rhiannon 0:26:22 12
6 Larethyl Seshin 0:26:44 10
7 Romon Inaken 0:28:05 8
8 Alex z1 0:28:18 6
9 Y Ashanti 0:28:57 4
10 Kalanie Makamae 0:30:04 2

You can download a spreadsheet with the final top 100 for each route here.

17 Likes

Original contest announcement post:

The Federation Grand Prix is here! In addition to the awesome in-game rewards you can pick up for tackling the daily challenges during the event we’re running an additional contest for those of you who are particularly keen on optimizing your racing ships - the Federation Grand Prix Time Trials!

Contest Details:

• The contest will run from 11:00 UTC on Thursday, March 11 to 11:00 UTC on Tuesday, March 23.
  • After a capsuleer has completed each of the 3 routes as part of the untimed Federation Grand Prix live event, they will then be able to begin the repeatable Extra Lap version of the challenge. It is only these Extra Lap challenges which count towards your leaderboard times.
  • There is a separate leaderboard for each of the 3 routes - Southern, Eastern and Northern (see bottom of this post).
  • Each leaderboard will track the top 10 fastest times for that route. Leaderboards will be updated daily with the results from the previous day.
  • Capsuleers can appear on multiple leaderboards however only their fastest time for each route will be counted.
  • Capsuleers will be awarded points based on the final position they achieve on the leaderboard for each route. Points will be added together across different leaderboards to get a capsuleer’s Final Score.

Leaderboard Scoring:

1st Place – 25 points
2nd Place – 20 points
3rd Place – 18 points
4th Place – 15 points
5th Place – 12 points
6th Place – 10 points
7th Place – 8 points
8th Place – 6 points
9th Place – 4 points
10th Place – 2 points

Scoring example: At conclusion of the contest period a capsuleer is in 1st Place on the Southern route (25 points), 3rd Place on the Eastern route (18 points) and 8th Place on the Northern route (6 points) they will receive a Final Score of 49 points. There is a system for tie breaks.

Prizes for Top 10 Final Scores:

1st Place – 12 months Omega, Federal Police Thanatos SKIN
2nd Place – 6 months Omega, Federal Police Dominix SKIN
3rd Place – 6 months Omega, Federal Police Megathron SKIN
4th Place – 6 months Omega, Federal Police Hyperion SKIN
5th Place – 3 months Omega, Federal Police Vexor Navy Issue SKIN
6th Place – 3 months Omega, Federal Police Brutix Navy Issue SKIN
7th Place – 3 months Omega, Federal Police Brutix SKIN
8th Place – 1 month Omega, Federal Police Ishtar SKIN
9th Place – 1 month Omega, Federal Police Vexor SKIN
10th Place – 1 month Omega, Federal Police Thorax SKIN

Even if you don’t make the final Top 10, all capsuleers who finish on the leaderboard for any routes will have their names immortalised on a monument which will be added to the Luminaire system for this and future Federation Grand Prix events.

Bonus Community Prize for Doing it Wrong:

Do you think you can pull off one of the Grand Prix routes in an Orca? How about a shield tanked nano Kronos with Festival Lanchers?

While we expect the leaderboards to be dominated by super fast and agile ships as befits a Grand Prix we would like to invite brave (or crazy) capsuleers to attempt to complete any of these routes in an “unorthodox” ship. Come up with something creative, bizarre and/or funny and upload a video of your attempt (successful or otherwise)! We will put it to a vote by the community and if your video is chosen as the people’s favourite you will receive 12 months of Omega as well as a Federal Police Nyx SKIN!

Prizes will be awarded in a timely fashion!

Rules:

• Capsuleers are free to be as creative or as devious as they wish. If you come up with some sneaky way to shave off some precious seconds (or entire jumps) then go for it!
  • Your time between checkpoints is tracked using our own internal methods. Only times posted by CCP on the leaderboards are considered official.
  • Only one character per human player will be eligible for prizes. We will be checking the winners list for alts. In the event we identify a competitor who has appeared multiple times on the Final Score list only the highest score attained by a character owned by that capsuleer will be counted.
6 Likes

I’m in Luminaire for the first challenge. Once we get here, what do we do? It’s not really apparent.

2 Likes

There is Grand Prix Start beacon in space

When you first warp to the “Federation Grand Prix” starting line landmark site in Luminaire, the challenge in the info panel on the left side of the screen will change into a button that says “Claim Reward”. If you click that button, you’ll receive the points towards the season reward and the next destination will be presented to you. Clicking on the challenge in that info panel opens up the section of the agency with more details and a system name that you can right-click to set destination directly if you wish.

6 Likes

So, this Gallente Grand Prix Interceptor Expert System gives you Racial Frigs V and Interceptors IV but doesn’t give you Evasive Maneuvering V.
So you can’t even fly an Interceptor unless you already have already trained Evasive V.

Doesn’t anybody double check anything, think anything through or perform even basic Quality Assurance?

jackie chan

7 Likes

I have good news for you Cade! If a character has the Interceptors skill to at least 1 and has the appropriate Frigate Skill to 5, they can fly an Interceptor even if they don’t have Evasive Maneuvering 5! Evasive 5 is required to train the Interceptors skill normally, but if you get the Interceptors skill in some other way (like an Expert System for instance), the game doesn’t require you to have Evasive 5 in order to fly the ship.

Thanks for your concern and for the polite way you communicated it.

16 Likes

They don’t work like that.

Expert Systems skip the pre-reqs.

If you have Interceptors IV you can fly an Interceptor, simple as that. You’re thinking in old logic when you had to actually train skills to fly things, silly you.

1 Like

Expert systems are not trained, it is a way to scam new guys out of their money, giving abilities that perish after some time…

4 Likes

Conversely, it could be viewed as a means to enter an open Event, where there is no pay to play “Event Ticket”. Something which you might find quite often elsewhere.

I’ve not yet looked at the details of the race but, are the Exploration ships not quicker than Interceptors anyway?

I wonder how well the Deacon performs? (If there are a lot of MwD burns to do)

Anyone remember the 65,000 m/s Nano Silver Magnate of yesteryear?

Grrrrrr as per event — no real info where does it — your prob going to die anyway no wonder i avoid events its is only for the chosen twitch streamers ----- whatever I will have a go :slight_smile:

you can set desto to each systeem along route from agency. it is time heeavy but not terrible

1 Like

In an interesting twist, I simply undocked from Jita and instantly received 5000 Skill Points and ‘challenge completed’ thanks to the nearby Landmark.

5 Likes

So already there are gate campers blowing people to h*** and back stealing ships… and its a closed loop system in Low sec so you cant get around them… thanks for setting this up.

4 Likes

atta boy, taking after my own heart there

well very confusing died to investable gate camp sure it was fun for them to kill a diplo shuttle with smart bombs will avoid future events. sometime Eve is so miserable

1 Like

just got killed by gatecamp and smart bombs so not really worth the time left game will avoid

1 Like

Totally avoiding all future events like this.

no instructions on how to get to the way points at all (you have to stumble around and figure it out or ask awkward questions to people.)

closed loop low sec systems… great a campers freaking wet dream! and its right at the beginning of the event so screw people over right away I have real issues with being set up to purposely loose ships to campers during events.

Nice way to screw with people CCP

2 Likes

While I agree that there should be more instruction, part of EVE’s staying power has been for years that it doesn’t really hold your hand.

this part is the more annoying bit, and where I agree in full this should not have been part of the route. Though you can avoid a lot with experience even in a dead end set, many peeople that see th eevent probably don’t have those skills honed yet

1 Like

A simple little blurb that says hey this is how you set routes to get to the event is not hand holding… hell it should be part of the introduction for new players… there are literally hundreds of players asking how to do this in chat

2 Likes