Feedback of a casual returnee

I transported my stuff in a blockade runner, cloaked. Still, doesn’t matter how far away from Jita, trade routs, whatever, you fly something expensive in highsec, you get 100% ganked.

If this is the sense of highsec, ok, if CCP think’s that it have to be like this, I say “fine” and just quit.
Great game, but unplayable for me as a weekend warrior because of ganking. Maybe it is only me that quit because of this but I don’t think so.

My real life profession is data analysis, I would really love to get the CCP statistics for a analyze it with SPSS! I’m sure ganking is from rl hard money $$$$$ perspective very very lucrative for CCP. I would love to analyze this!
I think the amount of people how quit because of ganking is high but the amount of people how react on ganking with buying plex is even higher.
The guys how quit, also would mostly only pay their omega time and not put so much into extra plex for sale. So you can fish out more from the cashcows getting ganked than you could earn without cashcows getting ganked and the casuals still playing. But as I said, I don’t have the statistics, just acceptance.

Sounds like a „you“ problem. I know some casual folks that log in at most once a weekend and have no problem doing their PvE for their gaming session.

Your lengthy posts could be summed up as: „I just don’t like Ganking gameplay“ and the rest is just you making up reasons why ganking gameplay psychologically freaks you (or unnamed other players) out.

Others thrive with that ambiguity and uncertainty and embrace it, even if only for a mere few hours once a weekend per week.

Instead of writing long posts, you can toughen your mentality. And work on it. It’s not an insult but a genuine suggestion

1 Like

Yes, 100% my problem. EvE is a great piece of software. I let CCP know that I quit because of the way they handle ganking. I know that they don’t care, but still.

Ganking problem is solved for me.

Thank you mister psychologist, I know EvE online players know best about mental health! I will look for help! lol

I leave you alone now, I think you have a lot of people to analyze and give good advises for life in your TS. Cya

1 Like

OK, see you!

Hope you find a game that matches your expectations, the market is full of them.

Should you return I’ll happily engage with you, you seem smart enough to know your own limits, and I think you’re the kind of guy that can push themselves to grow and better appreciate games like Eve Online.

This reminds me, I still need to try to get my blockade runner ganked. Just as an experiment.

I tried last weekend by cloaking late, warping at range to Jita, lingering on gates a little too long, but no one wanted to take a bite.

It cannot be the cheap cargo (some exotic dancers, spirits and the like), because blockade runners are immune to cargo scanning as far as I know.

My conclusion is that the gankers were slacking and that getting ganked isn’t nearly as certain as you make it sound. I’ll try again later.

I don’t get ganked that often. I think I went to Jita 500 times, and was ganked there once, alphaed by a Tornado. Another time there was an Incident near Uedama, and I lost a packed frig on a naive Rancer tour (these Smartbombs were really impressive!) and once an Epithal in Devoid. So 100% is not even close.

Did it ever cross your mind that we are only able to play if that game is lucrative for CCP at all? If they ruin the game, they soon will stop spending money on servers and staff. So yes, I agree they try to make money, but I still think they calculate on a long term basis, not the quick buck. Thus I pay recurring subscription fees, not just a CD as I used to buy computer games 20 years ago.

Nobody linked the loss mail yet (I’m too lazy to check)?

Must be either another char or no ESI connection to zkillboard permitted.

You only die if you a terrible pilot.

You seem to be a terrible pilot.

Is subjective. The bigger ship shouldn’t be a goal unless you want that. You can have loads more fun with frigates etc than with b.s. and above.

1 Like

Please leave your stuff in the “new player hanger” in the Fortizar so we can pick through it, thanks.

Two cents cause we know you are still here lol, I hate ganking too, make a game of it! Be slippery and use your head.

Wrong. There are about 20k characters online on the average. Yes, characters not players. The number of players is several times smaller. EVE’s population keeps shrinking. Its not just HS that makes no sense, because what is the point of farming ISK if you have nothing to spend it on? And there is nothing to buy because anything more expensive than dirt cheap only serves to attract trouble.
Same for low sec, nulls and WH, thanks to changes CCP’s been making for several years, gradually turning every risk into certainty of loss. The devs seem to be particularly fascinated by gatecamping. They closed some gates to create bottlenecks, changed FW rules to concentrate activity in certain areas and even intoduced massive NPC gatecamps! Flying in a destroyer has become a luxury, got to carry around a cloak wherever you go and refit when you arrive at your destination, because otherwise you are not likely to live more than a few minutes. Undocking anything bigger than a destroyer is plain stupid - you are going to waste it, unless you are in a fleet.
So EVE’s been reduced to scurrying of frigates. Some people love it, but seriously, this game was supposed to be about powerful corporations wrestling with each other, presumably in nulls, but there is nothing in the world as certainly, completely and irreversibly dead as null sec.

1 Like

I’s the holy week, so here’s the place to moan and lament, for EVE stands for “Extremely vile and evil”.

1 Like

Perhaps you’ve been looking in the wrong parts of null sec?

Yes, vast areas are mostly dead, but that’s not where the big fights happen.

EVE’s population is rather stable. Yes, it keeps shrinking, but hasn’t even shrunk to half the value it had 13 years ago when it was at it’s peak, so at the current shrinking rate it will probably outlive many of us.

If you’re looking for a thin excuse to complain about the state of nullsec, instead of hijacking my comments and twisting them into something they are not to launch your tirade you should try this thread:

It even has a nullsec CSM members attention.

I agree :100:%

Get off your high horse :joy:

Making popcorn…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.