I think I was here for less than one year when they decided to swap to this Photon UI. I sure don’t care much for this UI. There is an old thread here on the forums asking the players for input on the new UI. I am sure anyone can see, in that thread, how much they ignored every user’s suggestion. Players continue to post about the awful UI they generated, and only the developers patted themselves on the back.
Once you do get it viewable by your standards, be sure to make a backup copy of the Default Settings folder. Since every once in a while, they make sweeping changes, and reset your UI settings.
If you have a lot of characters, you can clone the UI settings from a master character to all the others. That suggestion was made 3 years ago this February, we still have to do it ourselves.