Fighting Dagan with a cruiser

That’s not true. Dagan’s weakest resist was explosive and I chose the Minmatar Republic fleet. His resists are strongest against EM and thermal. Here are his resists and damage output type, which are static:

This looks right for what I saw in-game. Given these stats he is most vulnerable to a shield tanked ship with fusion/nova ammo (like the one I flew). An Amarr pilot flying a coercer would be the most disadvantaged compared to any other T1 destroyer type. However, he was VERY easy for me. Easier than expected even in what may very well be the best T1 destroyer to use against him. I do not recall him recovering any shields or armor the entire fight. It’s possible there was some type of bug that prevented him from using active reps. I don’t know.

Also, I have 237 DPS with Fusion S so maybe he’s intended for a lower skilled player fresh off of the career agents. I did security missions, combat sites and WH exploration for a whole month before I ever got around to the SOE arc.

237 DPS is enough to kill Dagan rather quickly.
My last try in a T2 fitted Daredevil was also piece of cake.

Fortunately Dagan does not deal much DPS himself, so a “normal” T1 tanked Dessie can already do the job. But dealing more than 200 DPS is not easy for a Newbro, and if you deal less, his repping can be pita.

The easiest way to fight Dagan is to ask in local for help :wink:

One of the most important things is to keep moving, as you take less damage that way.

I’ve fought Dagan numerous times (epic arc is repeatable every 3 months, plus I’ve helped many people).

You might also choose to invest in a small amount of faction ammo, for increased punch, if you are having difficulties.

One can do many things in a Destroyer, but it often can be easier to use something else. Destroyers are by definition frigate-killers, and glass-canons, so trying to use them vs. cuiser(s) is not impossible, but much more difficult.

Next time I’ll try a Hecate :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I use an Assault frigate, specifically a blaster Harpy (‘blarpy’).

I’ve tried an Interceptor, but I found it only makes Dagan PO’d :wink:

A new player is usually not in a strategic destroyer, but I’m sure that’s quite do-able as well.

Say! :wink:

It was just a response to your “Destroyer is difficult” statement.
In fact even that depends: Of course a Cruiser has much more basic HP and medium weapons more DPS, but if you skilled well small stuff, a Dessie can be more effective even for a Newbro, also because he used to fly agile ships before.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.