Final days for the ABC Moon pulls

Huh? Industry and markets have always been the backbone of this game, since forever. Never, ever in the history of this game has the focus been 100% pvp. That is literally impossible.

5 Likes

:red_circle:

This must not and cannot be a reason not to do something. Not to mention that it cannot be that hard to implement. CCP already has location limits in place for structures (only 1 Athanor within range of a moon mining beacon, anchorable bubbles only 5km away from gates/stations, structures 1000km away from gates/stations). The game constantly or regularly checks if someone tries to break these distancing rules. Introducing a limitation that only one InduCore can be active within a given range around a resource object/field/field warp in/accumulation cannot be that hard. And if it is, well, sucks to be CCP but that is what they have to suffer through as punishment for their deliberate shortsightedness, ignorance and negligence.

We never will be there. Considering that CFC alone built a value of 40T ISK in Delve in 2 months on a row in 2019 but only about 2T are being destroyed in Delve on average, it becomes clear that reaching the end of this depletion phase will be very far in the future. Very far. Just to remove the value of these 2 months it would take over 4 years at current destruction rates just for this regionā€™s production capabilities.
Yes, they just want to deplete the ore stockpiles, but that is virtually meaningless since the ore of the past has already been turned into the game damaging goods that actually need to be depleted. However, it would be interesting to see how far we have come in the last 3 months in this ore depletion process. Some data insights into that process would make for an interesting lecture, I guess.

3 Likes

CCP could have left the big asteroids but reduced the mineral yield. They could have removed excavators from the game (with reimbursement) so you need to use regular mining drones. The net result would be the same but perception might be different.

I donā€™t agree the little guy is harmed by this - mineral prices are up 50% and climbing so people in barges, exhumers, Orcas and Porpoises are making a lot more than they were in the recent past. Moons in nullsec remain viable - I havenā€™t noticed a price drop in advanced moon materials and people are still buying T2 modules as fast as I can make them. Time your moons to keep your Rorquals busy - similar to the Imperium Locust fleets. For boosting, a Porpoise can do that job, only needs a few weeks training and is a lot less painful when you lose it!

I do believe that the large aspirational ships are problematic. The game would arguably be better off without them, but itā€™s too late for that now. CCP have announced that Supers as well as Titans will lose their ability to apply damage to subcaps while, at the same time, becoming more vulnerable to destruction by subcaps so the tears are just beginning. These ships (and Rorqual) have dominated for the past 3 years or so and bringing them into balance with the rest of the game is going to upset a lot of players.

2 Likes

There has been alot of whining lately about this but the majority of the playerbase wants EVE to return to its roots. PVP ONLY.

CCP has made good strides but the way to get there and increase the playerbase dramatically is to remove industry, mining, missions etc from game and focus on NPC only sell orders for ships and ammo.

Combine much cheaper plex prices to fund your ships and you have a complete win that everyone can agree with.

No sane person does industry at all except to fund PVP and botters are all industry scum so you remove two scourges from the playerbase right away.

Numbers will hit 100k easily online at once.

Welcome to our community Eve is PVPOnly!

Now shoo, we have enough trolls already. :stuck_out_tongue:
EVE is nothing without the combination of PvP and PvE.

4 Likes

complete nonsense. it is a pvp only game and always has been. pve is nothing but botting RMT and other illegal activities to get isk for one thing. PVP

look at renter corps - they are all fronts for botting and RMT operations.

Take away the isk grind and people focus on pvp and stop doing illegal things to get isk. All problems solved.

You are clearly an idiot.

4 Likes

Oh youā€™re not even a fun trollā€¦ :frowning:

3 Likes

Because i clearly get the reason people want to play this game and know CCP is doing the right thing by removing industry one bit at a time?

Yeah maybe you might have overlooked some areas of the player base here, just slightly. I mean bringing in the new PVE stuff from the Trigs isnā€™t a buff to the PVE aspect of the game or players.

:joy: I like the cut of your jib either way :joy:

I like:

• Blowing up NPCs in missions and combat sites to get salvage and modules to prep PvP ships
  • Finding/buying blueprints and researching them so I need less of those materials to make ships
  • Building ships and modules from scrap materials and minerals that somebody had to produce (some of it is my own production, most of it is from the market - I am too lazy for that)
  • Giving said ships to corp mates to learn how to participate in fleets
  • Flying with said corp mates in messy blobs into low and null for fun and (occasionally) profit!

Hmmm, looks like there is a lot of PvE to make PvP happen - and aside from the mining that I am too lazy to so much of, I like the PvE content.

So maybe you should stop acting like you speak for everyone. This is a (mostly) sandbox game. Ignore industry if you donā€™t like it and leave the rest of us to play our way.

5 Likes

So you support criminal activity like botting which is sole purpose of renter corp?

and even non renter you see in high sec hundreds of orca botting in ice belt now that they make the moon dissapear.

so stands to reason CCP who also think this is pvp only game will make ice disappear too and stop that RMT and botting right?

The conversation was going so well till that pratt turned up.

4 Likes

@Eve_is_PVPOnly doesnā€™t seem to realize that PVP applies to all player interaction and combat is only one way of interacting. Indeed, most player interaction takes place in the market! Someone needs to make the ships, weapons and ammo for combat to happen and someone needs to harvest the resources needed to make those ships, modules and ammo. CCP has created a complex adaptive system and that is the main reason the game has survived this long and is still going strong.

6 Likes

Or simply fix the system to support what the game is about PVP.

all ships modules etc are seeded by NPC corps sell orders and you purchase low cost plex for isk to get what you need and back out into PVP. No need for missions, mining, ratting and all activities that take away from core game.

pretty simple, pretty great. Players will thank ccp for it.

It is interesting that someone who is clearly into Combat PVP you are drudging through the industry center and specifically into the mining and extraction section. I know it is a possibility that you think you are helping in this thread by providing a very narrow viewpoint towards removing activities which maybe (I would love to get the actual stats for) 30-50% of the players enjoy.

Lets just take your suggestion serious for a little while. I am not too sure what you are suggesting because on one hand you are suggesting that NPC are the only sell orders for ships and ammo, I would assume you are saying all combat items in this statement, such as drones and implants etc. You would still need to get the isk for those items without the PVE the only way to do this is to buy PLEX and sell it. Removing the players who ā€œkrabā€ for PLEX to play, reducing your player count significantly.

If there are to be no PVE activities in your version, you would only like to have arranged fights? why would people hold sov? how would they maintain sov there would be no need for it. Without those borders there wouldnā€™t be the need to fight each other on large scale so we go into smaller gangs. Smaller gangs generally find it hard to fight other smaller gangs and start fights with hitting the PVE / mining fleets to provoke a responseā€¦

I have already spent too long on this response but try to flash out your view to me please with a deeper perspective than ā€œEVE should be only PVPā€ please so we can actually understand your position.

7 Likes

Any argument that boils down to ā€˜if you disagree with me you must be supporting the bottersā€™ is inherently flawed. Read up on how to debate effectively, without resorting to flawed logic, and try again.

6 Likes

Just my two cents from what I have observed within my corp and my neighboring corps.

We were told there would be a famine, so we are stocking up our pantry. I expect the large alliances are doing the same, they see a shortage coming so they are hoarding materials. This seems to be the opposite effect that CCP is expecting, but is really the only logical course of action.

That is exactly what I expected. Plus hoarding of ore to sell as the price raises.

Apparently I am insane thenā€¦

I loathe the combat in this game. In 5+ years of playing this game I think I have been involved in less than 12 PVP fights.

I joined eve explicitly because of the player economy and industry. While I do have issue with some of it, EVEā€™s industry and market dynamics are the best developed of any MMO I am aware of (Back in the day, Star Wars Galaxies may have given it a run for its money)

The freedom and experience of operating in an almost completely unregulated capitalist economy facinates me. there are a lot of other people like me out there. just do a google search for economics of EVE online.

Without us ā€œinsaneā€ people, your pvp playerground would not exist.

8 Likes