Finding Peace In These Troubling Times

1 Like

May the best win and que sera sera.

… and those who vote for them are too.

The good the bad and the ugly.

1 Like

Doris Day - Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be Will Be) - YouTube

1 Like

Was doing my workouts this morning and thinking about numerous things without really listening to any of it at all, if that makes sense? I also woke up a little earlier than usual and doom-scrolled Twitter for a while and thinking about all the things: how much homework I have, my full-time job, Eve Online and Ukraine and I had this thought about how many skill queue’s right now have gone AFK. I mean, that’s basically nothing considering what is going on right now in some people’s lives. It’s pretty random but for some reason that just put it into a perspective. Might have been one of those little things on someone’s to-do list before they shipped off for war or maybe they had to flee and their phone is sending a notification that their character completed X skill.

It’s so dumb, but that’s where my mind was today.

That there might be a few of us or more than a few Eve Online players on either side of this conflict just had me thinking a ton today.

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Only victims, no winners.

:military_helmet:

3 Likes

I don’t mean to spoil the peace party, but this is always a dangerous line of thought where people can end up convincing themselves not to do what would have been within their power to change things.

There is no good deed so insignificant that it is not worth doing. None of us regular folk are going to be able to stop a war alone, but neither does any leader fight a war by themselves. It’s a bunch of people acting together towards a common goal that gets stuff done, either for good or for ill. Once a person convinces themselves they can’t do anything, they’ve consigned themselves to the will of the people who will still do something.

This rule always applies, no matter the situation and is a lesson Eve is relatively good at teaching. You have to be willing to do what you can to bring about changes you want (in the world, in your life, in your financial situation, etc.), and you have to be willing to do more than just pay lip service to those changes or implore other people to do things for you or give you what you want.

I don’t mean to say everyone should always do everything conceivably possible to create positive change in the world. Everyone has to first look after themselves and their own physical and mental health, but people should be vigilant and seize opportunities they can take advantage of without sacrificing those things. There is a big difference between telling yourself “There’s nothing I can do” and “I don’t know what I can do”, even if it doesn’t seem that way at first glance.

2 Likes

China just went “Nope! Nope! Nope!” after seeing what happened to its testbed in Russia.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.