First CSM Summit Meeting Minutes

No, not bingo.

TRINGO!

1 Like

My answer was pretty obvious really. But so was your question, because you knew what the only answer I had was.

1 Like

Well they need good feedback loop introduced and wheels will spin themselves.

What should be the casus belli?

Power and resources.

In terms of power it is ability to field supers fleet.
In terms of resources, depletable ore belts and combat anoms.

How to stop the supers proliferation? Make a hard cap dependable of how many systems/upkeep corporation has. It would be a reason to go to war to increase the cap for fielding more supers. So imperium for example would still own 10k supers if they want but they need to control large portion of NS system and pay accordingly upkeep.

Depletable resources may cause incentive to raid neighbours in order to gather needed ores or just gain ISK.

Capital. The farther the systems are from capital the worse communication they have with it. So if for example Imperium wanted to control all of NS the farthest system from capital may suffer effects similar to BO. It would create threshold where the last part of conquer would require more effort than the start.

Weather effects. Short, 30 minutes surges of power. Something like electromagentic flashes that cause some sort of capacitor malfunctions or effects similar to ewar. Maybe local BO. Unpredictable and constellation wide.

We had a very long time to mine and rat with impunity - they were trying to make space more dangerous. That’s not a bad idea or a bad goal. It just didn’t work the way they wanted.

2 Likes

Sorry Steve, I just couldn’t resist. I’ll be careful for ever until next time, I promise.

:wink:

Well since the CCP numbnuts dont bother reading or responding, could you pass that request up the chain? Now that we have some type of stats for June, lets see July, August and September and then we can talk actual stats…

My personal feeling is that those stats Larrikin shared would be down across the board, not just in null sec. And the numbers did not just go down, but crashed…

Bear in mind that it’s all percentages. So they can’t all be down. It’s percentage of players who connect.

1 Like

Which stats got completed screwed by their “genius idea” of pushing SP promotions in the middle of it all

A tip which may help to understand CCP.

CCP doesn’t do things. Various teams within CCP do things. Development teams (multiple). Sales. Marketing. With different goals.

Arrendis gave an ample scope on the mix of bruhaha that combined simultaneously so bad, that now whatever data is corrupted to a point that it’s pretty much impossible to determine what effect any specific did.

2 Likes

It’s a “perfect” tool because it tells you, every single time, who is in the system with you. There is nothing else in the game - not dscan, not being on grid, nothing - that provides you with that information and that’s pretty important information to have.

Group size and organization means you’ve got many people in many areas who are all feeding into corp and alliance intel channels, and that means there’s multiple opportunities to catch neuts entering your space and provide that information to people so they can take preventive action, like docking things up. The bigger the group, the more eyes in space, the more intel in the intel channels, the farther out you can catch roaming gangs and wormhole crews.

I’m not going to argue that this wasn’t a sledgehammer approach to bots instead of a scalpel, but nobody can argue that botting significantly dropped off in a variety of regions during the blackout. The data is there and it’s obvious.

When we’ve figured out the meta, they changed the meta and then it takes time to figure out the new one. That’s what I mean by the desire to change things for folks who solved nullsec. Blackout did change behavior - super and capital ratting stopped, folks stopped using excavator drones, etc. So that’s a meta change and that’s what they wanted.

It did what CCP wanted it to do, as I noted before. The problem is that it also caused large numbers of players to log off, some permanently, and that was bad. That’s why it was a mistake, and why I expect they won’t do it again unless they make significant changes.

You’re mistaking your opinion for facts. Don’t do that.

1 Like

Better ways to make null dangerous than screw with local. I have no issues with changes and challenges that make sense, but when your change screws people over…I have a problem, a huge problem.
As I wrote above, you and I will have to agree to disagree on the BO, but one thing remains, they screwed big time and need to pray that we regain our footing after this mess. And CSM needs to step up and pound the table on behalf of the players.

The only behavior it changed is people logging off…If that is the behavior you, CCP and other numbnuts wanted, that is what you got.

As far as intel tools and local, you dont like local and intel tools, dont use them, but you and CCP have no business on imposing this on players. CCP better take a look in the mirror instead of looking at their asses.

Every change is going to screw somebody over. There was somebody doing it the old way and now you’ve forced them to change. The question is whether the impact is worth the benefit. Some folks will take it on the chin - like the old war dec groups did - but if the overall impact is better for more players, then they’ve done what they wanted to do.

As far as I can tell, they’re doing that. But at the same time, if what the players want is bad for the game, I think we should hope that they’re also pounding the table and telling CCP to not give in.

I guess you’re not going to be voting for me next year, huh?

Which does make sense. But all teams go under the tag of CCP and they should have devs assigned to post useful information on here. Reddit is all fine and good, but last I checked, these are the game official forums, not reddit.

With that said, I do thank you for posting the info on here.

Well, in the case of the CSM, all you’ll ever have is what CCP say. The CSM can’t tell you what things they’ve actually stopped CCP from screwing up horribly, or even what things they’ve advocated for. So you won’t know what they do.

They don’t. At all.

Indeed.

No, it didn’t. It just suppressed the faucet by driving people out of the game. That’s not fixing the faucet, that’s turning the water off where it comes into the house, man.

Yup. Totally not being fair or reasonable to point out that 3 days into the Blackout, it was already being called. Hell…

That was a full week before the Blackout.

Honestly, Brisc, this is not brain surgery. This is how people behave. Think about what you do for a living. If you had to tell people ‘ok, look, the government knows there’s a contract here, but they need to roll all this stuff back in order to see if something is going to work, and they’re not going to compensate you in any way for it’, the response would be ‘pound sand, we’ve got a gorram contract’. People react badly to having things disrupted and taken away without any compensation. You know that. To say that people are ‘screaming with hindsight’ how obviously horrible it was ignores the fact that no, a lot of the ‘here is how this plays out’ happened early.

Unfortunately, CCP’s revelations in these latest minutes indicate that their metrics for ‘who is where’ are so horribly off, they’ve got the 3 Goonswarm CSMs pegged as ‘highsec’.

2 Likes

It’s still a detection after the moment the incoming entity decided to be a threat. That’s a fact.

Still, something happened before detection. The moment you make the decision to be a threat is undetectable. your presence is but it says nothing about you, not yet. But as an incoming threat, you already know what is going on in there, therefore, the detection instant is irrelevant. It’s a threat and whichever action as evasive or confrontative that could be, is an unpredictable decission, making it non-existing at that instant. Also a fact.

Undeniable that when everything drops, botting too. CCP stated bots adapted right away. Fact number three.

This is different. If by meta you mean the personal decision to fulfill a career or gamestyle, then one disappeared to give room for another yet unknown, by force. I don’t dispute that. All I say is that everything was built in Null under specific rules and by specific careers proposed by the game itself. Acting against it is at least contradictory. And that’s a fact.

You don’t know that. The intention behind BO is still blurred. Let’s wait and see. I suspect it was a tryout of an environmental alteration, nothing more. It might be that it went out of hand but that’s irrelevant.

I have no opinion, unless specified.

It didn’t just drive people out of the game. It changed behavior - guys who were super ratting before docked the supers up and got into Rattlesnakes. Yes, some quit.

But hey - fixing the problem of the faucets producing too much isk by shutting off the water is a legit strategy, isn’t it?

Again, I’m not arguing that blackout was good - I think we all know it was bad - I am simply saying that it wasn’t an insane idea to try.

It was an insane idea without the counter measures. I mean they did announce intel towers. Had they released intel towers first, maybe we could have worked with it…

And they have a test server for a reason, to test things. They better test things out there than play God on live server