First CSM Summit Meeting Minutes

Given the BO debacle, I would not call them wise…

You know missions require warps right? And sometimes a gate…or several gates and several warps?

Sort of obvious how warp speed increases improve mission running and potential isk/hour.

Now too bad it wasn’t done before BO, would have made the chaos era even better :slight_smile:

It isn’t the warp speed that slows down a battleship going gate to gate, it’s the align time.
Yeah the minor increase in warp speed might increase isk p/h by about 1% - Where as reducing align time could increase by a lot more AND make BS useful for more than mission running and gate camping.

Of course had they done it prior to BO, there was the potential for a lot more BS losses to gate camps.

1 Like

It’s both. you are either bad at math or just arguing for the sake of argument. For a 30 AU warp, which is not unusual at all, there’s a 5 second time savings for a BS, that’s pretty significant.

For PVP it’s even more significant as tackle tries to survive.

You are neglecting accell and decell.

Actually it is only like a 3 second difference - For everything other than running missions, a BS is still too slow and going to arrive long after everyone else in the fleet.

The overall increase to BS warp speed is negligible at best.
EG; I have an active tanked Geddon I use strictly for gate camps (as it is and always has been too slow to use for anything else) - warps at 3AU, align time 12.8 seconds.
Ferox, warps at 3.5 AU, align time 8.8 seconds.
Thorax, warps at 4 AU, aligns 5.6
Tackle, usually dictors or ceptors - Sabre, warp 5.5, align 3.75 - Stiletto, warp 8AU, align 2.28 seconds.

Unless you are really bad at math, you’ll see why using BS’s in mixed roaming fleets is still a painful exercise. Over a 30AU warp to a Dictor or Ceptor that has something requiring a BS to kill - the tackle is more than likely dead before the BS gets half way, due to it taking nearly 13 seconds JUST TO HIT WARP , add in the other warp mechanics - Your tackle IS dead or the prey escaped well before your BS lands on grid and can lock anything.

If you REALLY want to test your theories, by all means come to Catch with some friends, make sure you fly a BS (of your choice) - We’ll see how many get home and how long your tackle lasts.

There is a reason roaming fleets don’t usually include BS’s - They are just overall too slow and cumbersome.
But don’t take my word for it, try it out

The difference for 30AU between 2 AU/s and 3 AU/s ship is actually about 18s–a lot more of a difference than alignment times even between BS and frigates (about twice as much). Time in warp is almost entirely a function of warp speed and this include acceleration time from going into warp to maximum warp and deceleration,

But don’t take my word for it. CCP explained all this before. https://www.eveonline.com/article/warp-drive-active

Or better yet you could get out and play the game–it even works for mining ships.

It really doesn’t matter whether it is 18 seconds or 18 minutes - BS’s are still not in a good place for roaming and your 18 seconds for a mission runner is what, 1 maybe 2 dead NPC’s?
Your 18 seconds from A to B in a mixed fleet roaming gang is negated when everything you are warping with also gets there 18 seconds faster.

You see the problem is, it wasn’t only BS’s that got the speed increase so any benefit the BS got was lost (everywhere except for highsec mission runners) because everything got the same increase. I really don’t get why it is so hard for you to see this but then your agenda is as a fanboy and not reality of playing the game.

Why is it you and your friends don’t fly anything bigger than BC’s? Could it be that BS’s just don’t quite cut it for your play style?

As i said, if you really believe BS’s are in a good place since the warp changes - Come to Catch in one and try it out, do bring friends - The more the merrier.

1 Like

Battleships are where they need to be, they may be slow and cumbersome but my f#####g god they can be mighty powerful.
Coming to catch in one for you to blob doesnt prove anything, except you can blob.

more lame excuses and shallow justifications instead of admitting you were wrong about some fundamental aspect of how the game works. Nor do you know what I do with my other four characters. Nor did I say BS are in a “good place.” (though I’m perfectly ok if they aren’t first choice for most long range roaming). I was merely pointing out your factually incorrect statements about the actual time differences as a result of changing the warp speeds, how it was usually more important than align time when traveling between two points, and providing a few examples in an unsuccessful but sincere attempt educate you. I regret wasting my time but hopefully some other reader understands Eve a bit deeper for my efforts. Have a pleasant day.

What about ECM? Either add the tank that was brought up a year ago or get rid of it. What wasn’t originally stipulated is all ecm would become sniping… except the relatively new griffin navy issue. Which is still broken.

Recently saw a vegas Vid where it was said the Triglavian ships didnt need a nerf yet as there were counters already in place… yet the Nerf bat on ECM was a sledgehammer - that completely broke a whole class of ships because players didn’t know or think to fit counters to ECM.

ECM drones are worse that normal ECM ever was - How about making ECM drones only available to lighter indy and ECM bonused ships .

For now, I’m flying a Gnosis with mid slots packed with range disruption scripts - the hope being CCP will delete tracking disruption as a game-play mechanic because my opponents don’t fit to counter them & cry
'cause “its bad to feel helpless in space”

Now where is my Lachesis …

I like that some documentation is shared. Personally I dont care which CSM member asked or said what exactly. I feel contributions and Pro/Con arguments should just be lined out and summarized. Possibly conclusions or findings.

1 Like

Read somewheres about a hard cap on supers, so I was thinking what would be the easiest way for CCP to do this.
So this is what came up with, supers don’t cloak when they log off. To be safe they must park near a citadels or a super hanger that is anchored next to a citadel.

Maybe another reason for conflict.

CCP knows best, it’s just a thought in the wind. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.