Fix Invasions - Stealers/Salvagers are infecting the gameplay

Wait what? I know you are tossing out a whack of suggestions here so maybe I was talking about something that was now stale…my bad if that was the case…

Looters go suspect no issues there.
Salvagers do not and can currently salvage wrecks you are tractoring.
They are not allowed to tractor wrecks that are not their own.
I don’t think current options for defending salvage are on par with how you can defend loot.
My suggestion is simple enough stop salvagers being able to salvage wrecks you are tractoring.
And if that makes it too easy to defend wrecks then add in you can’t tractor a wreck already being salvaged.
I think this is a decent way to appease both sides.

…and there is my mistake. Thanks and my bad for lumping those together.

I personally never understood why salvaging yellow wrecks was allowed in the first place…but ya, I support your compromise now that I’ve stopped talking out of my ass on that one point. :flushed:

2 Likes

You’re whining about a conflict over resources. This is the kind of gameplay that eve was once known for. Either suicide gank them or figure something else out. Adapt or cry

3 Likes

Suicide ganking as a solution is pretty dumb if you actually think about it.
And there is a big difference between whining and making a suggestion.

Why is it dumb?

Does this honestly need spelling out?
Firstly gank alt would need to be on grid or there is a very good chance they will just warp off.
Being on grid means there is a chance the alt takes aggro gank ships are hardly tanked.
I have seen bs’s ninja Salvaging and I expect to see more well tanked ships doing so in the future due to taking aggro.
That would mean needing multiple alts each time which would get seriously daft.
As you could pop one only for another to show up 2s later.
Not to mention not everyone has an alt readily skilled to be used for ganks.
Try actually reading my suggestion you don’t have to agree but Imo it is a balanced and fair to both sides idea.

I actually read your suggestion and I do not agree. That’s why I voiced my disagreement.

Every time someone demands CCP remove a source of conflict in their game that is shaped by player driven conflict a fedo dies. Are you happy with fedo blood on your hands?

2 Likes

Lol
It wouldn’t stop the conflict over resources though it would just alter the dynamics a little.
And you would still be able to gank them if that is what you prefer and have the resources to do so.

1 Like

Happens every event, RMT farmers raiding, in Gila’s.
If they arrive at event in a Gila they are 90% to be a prize thief, CCP wants people fighting over scraps, not me, I don’t do events anymore because people act like savages on black Friday.

1 Like

This invasion thing will fall on it’s knees if there is no way to stop people from taking what is most worth from the rats. The salvage… Which isn’t even salvage. It’s type is Construction Components and should drop as loot inside the wreck.
Note the regular salvage and WH salvage is sorted under ‘Salvage materials’ in market.

So, ninja-looters can still steal the construction components, but there will be some kind of risk involved. Since most of them run around in stabbed frigs they will probably still get away. But anything in an MTU is atleast safe if you are close to it as it takes some time to kill it.

Could you link some fits please with some of this super cruisers you are talking about?

I think most of the stuff suggested might not be a WIN WIN Solution .What everyone is interested in is to make some ISK after a few burned ships. Why not just form a fleet and cooperate with salvager where the Meat Tank get bigger paid percentage of all salvage sales . That way everyone get some ISK at the end of day and start focusing on making money instead of fighting each other. Honour among thieves but choose your friends wisely

I think it is because there is no increase in total output by co-op, there is no win-win.
The total Salvage/Loot/ISK/LP is fixed, and co-op does not really make you kill rats faster or anything.

On Ninja salvager side: They could have taken a big chunk of salvage and can freely choose to follow the more efficient team. By co-op they are fixed to you, and will share only 1/N (the number of players in the team) of that salvage.

On PVE player side: They could have just get everything if Ninja salvager is not there. Why would they offer a deal if even the ninja salvager has no interest in making one? Are they willing to give the ninja salvager more than 1/N average? Even if this means you are getting slightly more firepower by not having to bring a salvager yourself, you don’t feel that good. And don’t forget if other ninja salvager come, you still lose to them:)

I can still not decide on which side of the fence to fall on this topic.

Day one of Invasion. I made 500 mil from salvage. None of it was “ninja” salvaging as players were simply clearing sites and moving on. Pretty much business as usual. Not however that any players turned the salvage blue on their way out - they mostly never do.

Yesterday I made about 50 mil from actual ninja looting of Trig surveys left behind in cans. No idea why, as these can be sold to Jita buy orders at pretty much CCP prices. Yet players leave them . So, I scavenge them instead. Again, basically business as usual for me.

I’ve pretty much salvaged from day one in EvE. And from day two I’ve fit a salvager or drone on every boat I own as a consequence. I have huge sympathy for people who grind and still lose the prize. But, in terms of salvage, it is largely a prize you collectively never wanted before anyway.

It is hard to accept criticism for what I’ve always done under those circumstances. In one system yesterday there were probably more gankers, salvagers and opportunists than actual Trig bashers. And it looked such great fun I joined in myself. Think I made another 50 mil looting splashed scavengers (and Trig bashers), although I lost a couple non-corvettes myself.

2 Likes

The choices are (Loss of dps) waste one more slot trying cramp scanner on cap unstable battleship that going have some issues.

If I m going do thing by myself say soloing it going to be hop into scanning ship hop out get into battleship then go to the field ( It alot wasted time and effort)

Most ninja salvager are in frigates & destroyer right they can help scout out target faster since most ships are quite fast and they all over the place. They just need to do their fair share of work and give tanker basher their fair share triglav loot. I have burn a ship myself trying take out triglav and it isn’t cheap for taking the risk just hope everyone can come to understanding.

Since salvager wouldn’t have salvage if nobody is bashing stuff, the free for all looter plan fails nobody get anything. You just want to go from point A to point B and $$$ cashing the good stuff.

What i m try to suggest is to find a plan that work for everyone and move up the value chain toward even bigger prizes (new ships you want to get)

Any better suggestion is welcome instead trying reinvent mechanic in this game and hope ccp take up the idea which is a long shot at best.

just gonna leave this here.

1 Like

Up till now salvage has either been

A) lackluster and overlooked due to the time needed to gather it vs value
or
B) Located in off grid areas so it can be gathered by the “owner” at a slowish pace

Invasions the salvage is (sadly) the almost sole income source and time will tell if that value holds. The rate at which it needs to be collected compared to speed at which it drops leaves a lot of room for it to be ninjaed with even skilled salvagers. Add to the mix it’s ease of being scooped up by a non-primary looter and the danger of the Trig spawns in the first place, and the whole thing feels like a giant cluster-****.

All that needs to be done is make yellow wrecks trigger suspect. There is still plenty of room for ninjaing for those that don’t fear the reprocussions. However, it will at least give the fleets a chance to counter the thieves.

2 Likes

LOL
crybaby
i am [loot stealer] realy happy !!

While this is a clear troll post, it’s important that people understand balance mechanics for the sake of game health.

Crying would be:

• I got ganked
  • Someone Wardeced me
  • People make more isk than me doing X because I do Y

Complaints about bad mechanics are:

• Someone bumped me for 30 mins and then 25 alpha accounts showed up controled by one dude to gank me
  • Someone Wardecced me to eternally nullify Concord and kill our transports (thing of the past)
  • People make more isk bot ratting VNIs in Nullsec 24/7 than I do doing anything else in the game

In this case the valid mechanics complaint is: this new content is already dieing because no one wants to risk doing the content while 70% of the payout is stolen by some dude in a salvage ninja destroyer.