Fix this CCP. You keep losing players

I dont understand. In a game where you can do the thing (shoot someone because you want to), how would the devs NOT have forseen people doing the thing?

2 Likes

CCP created the universe, suddenly people were doing the thing. Emergent gameplay!!

1 Like

Yes. But why not both?

(Sounds to me like you want input broadcasting back. Why?)

1 Like

Then the planning and counter play that is done to prevent a gank is also emergent gameplay.

I dont see what the contention is here.

Okay, then make a list.

Even if we take indirect buffs as buffs at face value, we have:

• Tags
  • Close-range ammo buff
  • Hardener nerf (which affects a very small amount of edge cases, because most ganks are done against targets that aren’t actively hardened in armor/shields)
  • The addition of tier 3 BCs

The latter three are all juxtaposed with the huge amount of EHP buffs to pretty much everything over the years, including multiple EHP increases to industrial ships, the creation of damage controls, a massive blanket EHP buff some time around 2007, et cetera.

Plus, all of the various CONCORD buffs, maneuvering nerfs, insurance changes, sec status loss increases, creation/removal of special ship mechanics like ship bay nerfs and changing blockade runners to be unscannable, input broadcasting, etc. etc.

When we compare the buffs with the nerfs, there were many more of the latter, and their individual impact was heavier.

If you have any more buffs to add, feel free.

Maybe you’re going slightly off topic there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

PROVE ME I AM WRONG !

(don’t, I already know why I am)

To use an analogy I see gankers as being like sharks in real world oceans. They are potentially dangerous so you take precautions. Sometimes, even with the precautions shark attacks happen. However throwing chum in the water just before swimming is not a good idea. The OP effectively did this.

In the real world sharks are an important part of the ecosystem, and I would argue that gankers are an important part of the Eve ecosystem. I don’t gank but I am a target as I go about moving things from one place to another. Every journey I undertake makes me wonder if I will get to my destination or if my precautions will fail me. This adds anticipation and excitement to the journey. If gankers didn’t exist any voyage in high-sec would become utterly boring and I would just use auto-pilot and forget about my ship. Currently I never auto-pilot. I don’t want to be ganked, but every successful voyage becomes a minor victory and is part of my enjoyment of Eve. Long may it continue.

As to ganking being a ‘crime’, in the world of Eve, we are all immortal demi-gods who tend towards amorality. Crime? Good? Evil? These are concepts for lesser beings.

7 Likes

What makes a returning player less of a suitable target than any other? In what way can you identify a returning player?

2 Likes

The amount of salt he drops.

Kill them all. CCP will know his own.

2 Likes

Well if input broadcasting is against the rules, the people who do it aren’t doing ‘nothing wrong’. And for clarity: this is not the ingame roleplay equivalent of against the rules like ganking.

Then you’re just avoiding the discussion.

If you don’t want to, that’s fine, but at the same time don’t expect me or anyone else to accept your claim that there were more buffs than nerfs to ganking, while rejecting my list, and refusing to present your own. Simple as that.

Luckily the vast majority of EVE players has 0.00% chance to fall on the wrong side of that margin of error. Maybe stop trying to sit on that edge of input broadcasting?

To late… this topic/thread has been Kell’ed.

Like so many other…

7 Likes

Liar, that’s not what he wrote.

No, I said that I support your idea that gameplay should be made more engaging and active.

But I also support the ban on input broadcasting.

If you’re refusing to engage, then yes, I will. I was quite open to putting the buffs and nerfs on a scale for objective evaluation.

Then you should evaluate the price modification to kill specific fits based on the sub value, also using inflation IRL.

eg in 2010 it costed X M to kill 100k EHP in .5, which translated to Y at this time, therefore to Z present . (average inflation is ×1.02 per year so Z=Y×1.02^(2021-year) )

/thread

No, player bleeding in this game does not come from poor freighter trip management.

1 Like