Fix this CCP. You keep losing players

Not really needed tbh, the chances that some sour raging “customer” reported them for… anything is very VERY high. Especially because they will be suspected of macroing or related stuff. You can reasonably expect all major gankers to be under severe scrutiny.

5 Likes

Kusion is not the only one out there… as for him he’s certainly omega for all chars hence he uses stealth bombers … but here i would say the 2 of you picked a convenient example and are a bit biased .
Nevertheless , this does not exclude the possibility of some of them abusing alpha usage via VPN.
I have come across this abuse once from some chinese guy that had like 30-40 Ventures in a highsec system and all of them botted I suppose since they were bouncing around like crazy from AB to AB , because they just simply mined all of the ore there . All of the characters had names like “cvbwauyfvbuawagfuwf” , so I reported him and never saw those around , so I guess he got what he deserved.
Now, if he did this for mining , I wouldn’t put my hand in the fire that no one attempted or did this for suicide ganking.

Dont know, maybe CCP is incompetent like that. Would explain many things really.

Welcome back to eve

Again, you can reasonably expect gankers to be reported MUCH more often than some random venture cluster in a random system. Apart from that we’re not saying that it can’t happen, we’re saying that the statement of “gankers using 30 alpha alts” as a base line is unrealistic.

I haven’t used the statement

Don’t pass on words from others in my mouth .

I just stated that alpha characters abuse via VPN overall for various activities in Eve happens.

I’m not. We are replying/reacting to this:

You just came in between.

2 Likes

I wasn’t super specific, since ganking is a non-issue for me and multi-boxed Alphas are a well known exploit. The killmail shows multiple players whom we know are separate individuals. Hence if you need complete and detailed explanation in order to grasp the concept (something that seems common among PVPers, at least the high sec variety), I’ll restate:

“CCP gained 30 accounts, most of which are probably Alpha, some of which are certainly Alpha, and some of which are almost certainly Alpha’s being multiboxed.”

The point you completely missed in order to do the usual PvPer mis-direction away from the real topic is “a bunch of crap alpha accounts leading to yet another paid sub giving up on EVE, a process which will be repeated frequently”.

Please note: I don’t say there shouldn’t be PvP in high-sec. I don’t say there shouldn’t be ganking. I specifically replied to the OP that he was doing it wrong.

What I do say, that all the PvPers can’t seem to get, is that PvP is so bad in EVE that only a small percentage of players even bother with it. The PvP is so bad in EVE that most of those who do engage in it can’t be bothered to do more than hang around in high sec, gank easy targets for profit, and then complain that the easy targets aren’t frequent enough and they need even easier targets!

Yes, it’s a bit pathetic that CCP advertises their massively-PvP game but can’t design for actual PvP, and it’s even more pathetic that some lame PvPers hang out in high sec crying because there aren’t more easy targets. But that’s the state the EVE PvP has fallen to.

2 Likes

Sad but true . Lowsec has been dead for so many years . I miss the good old days of Amamake , the RvB fights in highsec , a good fight between a wh group an a null one without supercapitals denying it and i wish the server could handle more than 5k players without the horrible <10% TiDi.

Few days ago someone was crazy happy to say they do more content in one system than whole Pochven generates. Did you check on them recently?

Confirming.

I haven’t . I have just returned after 3 years break . I would be very happy for them to be as active as they were .

I had no idea, that brilliant!
Thank you!

Also, who figured this out?

Dunno, it’s been in the game since forever probably. It’s just one of those “tricks” you learn about when you ask around, watch guides or read wikis.

You responded directly to a post commenting on the OP’s situation. Even you aren’t stupid enough to not understand the inference of your post about what the math says (which it doesn’t).

Actually, I should probably give you the benefit of the doubt. You are stupid enough. My mistake.

Likely not, unless its been a dry night and I was really bored.

Could be worse, I cam back after several months away and me and everything I own are in a sealed up Triglavian system all alone. They offered to move me and one ship with everything it can carry but I got like 10 battleships 7 or 8 battlecruisers about a dozen cruisers a stealth bomber an interceptor and a few rifters and merlins there as well as 7 or 8 billion in inventory. I just unsubed.

This is the exact same offer that CCP give to anybody whose stuff is trapped by a change in system control, it’s been that way for years.

I’ve played eve for 10+ years on and off again. I don’t cry when I loose a ship, but I didn’t loose this stuff it was taken from me when I wasn’t even in the game. I got plenty of games that don’t screw me over and other places to spend my $14.95.

2 Likes