Fix your terrible multibox UI

This is a game that is designed for and promotes the use of several accounts at once. It is absolutely unacceptable how terrible the UI acts when trying to do so and the amount of easy features that are missing. I mean how are we still at the point where we can’t share UI settings between accounts? I have to go into appdata and copy paste files through troubleshooting (last closed client vs client I want to copy it to) in order to simply have the same UI+hotkeys for them. What the hell game am I playing are you guys serious? It gives me anxiety to try and play this game on anything but my home PC for this reason. Also which genius over at CCP decided to make profile changing five times longer? Think we like clicking dropdowns on each alt so much we want to do it more? Anyways here’s a list of things off the top of my head you should have done 10+ years ago but maybe will get around to:

1. Memorize profiles of all accounts in groups. Example:
    Group 1 launches accounts 1, 2, 3 and 4 with profile A on all of them.
    Group 2 launches accounts 1 and 2, with profile B on one and profile C on the other.

2. UI sharing. Toggle to memorize all hotkeys, window positions etc of all accounts on the same profile. Have an export client UI button, similar to overview but to include all of it except chat channels.

3. Out of game memorized window position. Remember the position of the window the account was in when closing the client. Start it in that position next time. For example starting Group 1 and have it be tiled should be possible.

4. Option to disable SCREEN COVERING LOGIN MESSAGE. This is not a good idea like I don’t need to hear seven times that it’s GM week and close it on each client you have a LAUNCHER for that kind of information.

5. Local chat hide CHAT portion. Why the hell are we forced to take up screen space with this in order to have vital information? Or spend time trying to push it off the side of our screen and be forced to move our neocom to the right side?

6. Ability to drag system information. Where the search bar is and the autopilot information is etc this should all be movable as a unit. (ability to reposition the hud elements that are currently locked to the top left corner of the screen (i.e. search, system info, route planner).

3 Likes

@Brisc_Rubal @Mike_Azariah

• Yes please.
  • Yes please.
  • I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing, but I use Kuroro Lucifer’s autohotkey script to position my clients. It would be nice if I could manage client placement through Eve, but the script is easy to customize and use, and uses a minuscule amount of system resources. So, I won’t complain.
  • Yeah, this one annoys a lot of people. But yeah, you have the option to disable the agency and login reward popus, so why not this one? Why not add another popup telling players that they won plex by being the ten thousandth player to login that day? And one telling them that they can earn plex by taking a survey about popups? And then a popup asking if they miss the internet from the late 90’s and early 2000’s? And then finally, throw in a popup asking if they want to uninstall Eve.
  • I just minimize chat. But it is annoying how chat windows open/restore every time I login, join a fleet, or jump into an incursion constellation.
  • Took me a second to realize what you were talking about. So, for anyone that might need clarification, he’s asking for the ability to reposition the hud elements that are currently locked to the top left corner of the screen (i.e. search, system info, route planner). And, yes, I would definitely like that as well.

Finally, something I would like to add to the list is the ability to move the capacitor donut all the way to the edge of the screen. Currently, you can move it left and right, but you’re limited in how far you can move it.
No P2W

2 Likes

Why not move the capacitor up top then?

Even more stuff up top. Yeah, screen real estate is at a premium when you’re trying to cram 9 accounts on a single display.

Anyway, it’s not an issue for most fits, but it is when you have a bunch of active mods that don’t combine (i.e. 7 remote reps on a nestor). Of course, I was able to come up with a hud layout that works for me, but it’s still annoying. I don’t know why they restricted us from being able to move the cap donut all the way to edge, but it certainly makes it harder to tetris in all your hud elements when you’re rolling with a lower resolution.

Now, is this worth CCP’s time to work on? Idk. Guess it depends on how easy it would be to change. What I do know, however, is that multiboxers are a massive plex sink, and among Eve’s most hard core and dedicated players. So, it’s probably not the worst idea to give them some QoL love.
No P2W

Maybe the game isn’t designed around 9 account multiboxing?
Just because they promote power of two doesn’t mean nine is the designed for number.

Yeah doing this for every single client is a nightmare. Shouldn’t have to do it.

I know there are workarounds but there shouldn’t have to be for a game built around multiboxing. I complain!

Hahaha

Who are you to judge how big peoples’ screens are? I can be single boxing and have a problem with a chat list that is unnecessary. Also why are you randomly defending CCP for forcing windows on your screen like it’s obviously a waste of space and no harm could come from having it be a toggle. What are you even fighting for with this statement lmfao

Did you bother reading what I was replying to, or are you just here to rage like a two year old?
Try reading what I was replying to and you ‘might’ be able to figure out some context to my point.

1 Like

I’m curious about something, is Eve really built around multiboxing, or is it something we are allowed to do simply because they know we will be able to do it even if we aren’t supposed to?
I’ve always been under the impression that its simply allowed and that they have made some elements of it easier over the years since so many people do it.
I would like it to be easier as well in a number of areas, but haven’t bothered to look into them because I figured it was sort of the job of third party developers to make it happen (or not) and that it was just a matter of time until someone did.
Eve-O is an example of this isn’t it?

2 Likes

I doubt it was built around multiboxing. I think it just so happens to lend it self quite well to it -low system requirements and ships that will keep doing what you tell them to do until they can’t, or you tell them to do something different.

Anyway, I feel similarly to how you do. CCP probably doesn’t want to get rid of something that creates a huge sink for their premium currency, but I doubt they want to give a bunch of attention to it either, as a fair amount of players view multiboxing as unfair (I disagree, but that’s a whole another can of worms). So, they allow it, occasionally making tweaks (such as banning input broadcasting -which apparently happened after someone used it with a bunch of stealth bombers in PvP, which shifted community sentiment away from it).
No P2W

CCPs hard line stance on anything QoL

Why put the effort into something a third party has already solved.

1 Like

4 of my 6 requests are not solved by third party.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.