Floseswin Ceasefire; Proper Terms

First, let me simply point out that I haven’t said anything about the existence of such a plan. I’ve simply said ‘we don’t know, and not knowing, cannot assume’.

Further, if I had such a plan, it would be the height of foolishness to make the details of it public, wouldn’t it? I mean, even assuming such a plan exists, and it can work… telling you about it would pretty quickly change that second bit, wouldn’t it?

More importantly, though?

I don’t need one.

I certainly didn’t give any orders about a full anything[1]. And I’m not the one failing to carry out that order. So huddle in your well-provisioned failure. Every day you spend hiding behind your fortifications is a little more egg on Arrach Sarum’s face.

What ever happened to
Run and you shall be crushed.
Stand and you shall fall.
Kneel and you shall be saved.
?

Seems a lot more like
Run and you shall escape
Stand and we shall hide
Kneel and we’ll act like we actually did something.

1. Frankly, I’m not dumb enough to make public an order that doesn’t even allow for the possibility of partial success. I wouldn’t have imagined anyone in a position of leadership for any period of time would be! Which is just more evidence that this whole thing was the result of a knee-jerk tantrum by Lord Sarum over capsuleer collaboration. And that is why the continuing failure to make good on his ‘priority’ is particularly embarrassing: it doesn’t just show inability, it shows the initial order to have been a gross failure of judgment and nothing but pure hubris.

I don’t know about you, but I read Cardinal Chakaid’s involvement now as something of a no-win situation for Lord Sarum at this point. If things go well now, Khanid will make sure the public-facing story is that his Uhlans and Cyberknights turned the tide and saved Sarum from his own incompetence. If they don’t go well, Khanid can point to it getting this bad in the first place as evidence of Sarum’s gross over-reach and inability to manage his military affairs.

Think about that: Khanid will, no matter what now, be able to point to this showing House Sarum, easily one of the most militaristic Houses, and known for their martial strength… is a paper tiger. “The great House Sarum, arsenal of the Empire, couldn’t get the job done on a planet they already held.” It’d be like Tash-Murkon suddenly declaring bankruptcy.

5 Likes