For Folks who are 'Leaving'

1. Guess you must have somehow missed that EvE is about both building and destroying. Strangely, you are and have been far from alone in that misperception. At least ccp has been pretty clear about their game:
  1. Pearl Abyss bought ccp 100% for 425 million dollars. Do you really think you are punishing them by not subbing? They. don’t. care. PA probably doesn’t care either. I think they bought ccp for more money than people expected not because they’re stupid, but rather because they are going to use ccp to position into the potentially highly lucrative China cellphone market. If it works PA might make a lot of money on it. Any money EvE generates in the meantime is just bonus why not money for PA.
    So neither entity probably cares much long-term if you sub/play or not…sorry?
1 Like

Thats an opinion. If they make it weaker, they’d have to up the yield/speed/ore hold.

If they don’t, well then you’ll have your answer.

I agree. Anyone who claims Linux is an experimental OS needs to look back at over twenty years of development. Thirty if you want to get technical.

it is many experimental operating systems. Diversity is a problem… for CCP. Allegedly.

This is @CCP_Rattati we are talking about, they will get less tank, less yield and lower mining speed.

He never makes anything better, only worse.

2 Likes

Interesting sentiment, considering that historically every change to barge stats led to an increase to their hit points and resilience.

3 Likes

Funny that you post this trailer. This is the trailer for the expansion that removed a lot of destruction from the game and made it easier to keep the hugest and most game damaging tools from getting destroyed easily. They also made it pretty safe to earn ridiculous amounts of ISK without getting destroyed, unlike in the past, by introducing instanced PVE spaces. They also removed a ton of people from open space PVP and allows them to PVP in an uninterruptible space which goes directly against the “wreck their dreams” portion of this trailer. I trust you see the lack of credibility in your own words and those of CCP.

2 Likes

Since you’re making a snide comment that sorta reeks like you think you do understand eve -why don’t you explain it? Or is this a ploy to get everyone else who thinks they know to agree with you?

2 Likes

Now THATS an illustrative example.

Or hypocrisy.

I cant tell the difference sometimes.

1 Like

Didn’t you just say like the exact same thing to me a few hours ago and then didn’t explain it either?

1 Like

ooohhhhh that was only 4 mins — whats next DM and some roses?

1 Like

I was wondering if he’d notice the timing. Dude’s watching me like a hawk now lmao.

1 Like

So…you bemoan the lack of destruction heralded and think the idea of “wreck their dreams” should have been adhered to more by ccp…
cool, cool…
You’re not exactly countering the idea that EvE should be about destruction as well as construction…you’re kinda also supporting the idea that’s the way things should be.
I trust you see the irony in your own words.

Also, just a side note; I don’t care much at all what you think of my credibility I’m afraid. Sorry.

I stopped reading there.

CCP/PA listens ?

4 Likes

I’m just about positive those changes were all made in the pre-Rattati nerf crusade era?

1 Like

Yes, but the point stands. CCP has a history of making mining ships harder to kill.

2 Likes

Sure:

First of all the point of the game isn’t to keep “setting up a set of dominos”, as he puts it, until all eternity. If one expects to be able to build a sand castle forever and ever and “to be left alone” then one is playing the wrong game. The POINT of your sandcastle is to raise a flag and go “come at me bro, go try it” so what he’s whining about is actually the core premise of the game. So he already didn’t understand that bit.

Secondly: if you build a sand castle that is so big that it a) attracts attention and b) your capabilities aren’t good enough to defend it then you did it wrong UNLESS you did it to go “come at me bro” on purpose, in which case you DO understand the game. It’s very obvious he’s not that kind of person. Doing so and then whining about how bad this game is, again, just means he doesn’t understand the game.

Thirdly his “you’re content even if you don’t want to be” which firmly shows he has no grasp at what EVE is about because We ARE the content! That’s the point, if you don’t like being content then clearly you don’t understand the basics of the game. Every sort of player interaction, both constructive as destructive, is content. It’s literally the point of the game to build a sand castle to then HAVE people come after your sand castle. Grind bears can go away, or just remain content forever and ever.

But just as the EVE rule is “don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose”, you also shouldn’t build what you can’t afford to lose which comes back to point #1: if you just keep building, unchecked and not based in the reality of the game where you run a risk and might have to defend it then at some point your sand castle will be everything you have, everything you invested in and then it’s going to hurt, yeah. It’s like flying around in a 70 bil costing mission runner for no other reason than you could (because generally their fits are crap regardless of the cost, they’re not even good or fast mission runners) and then rage quitting after losing it, losing everything.

BOB did the “come at me bro” against pretty much the whole server, Goons did it to an extend and many other groups have. Some have lost, some have won but the point isn’t really winning or losing, the point is having the interaction when people test your sand castle, the point IS the “monkeys taking a dump”, so to speak. And if you lost you will rebuild it, better and stronger. EVE is a meritocracy: if you weren’t able to defend your sand castle you built it too big or made it too obvious compared to your capabilities to defend it, adapt and overcome.

Over the years I’ve both constructed as destructed, some I won others I lost but it’s all content and it’s all part of the story. The only time it hurt like a B**** was when I was new and I didn’t understand, but one grows out of that and starts to understand and then the choice is do you want that sort of gameplay or not and if you decide that it’s NOT what you want then, idk: switch games?

Every newbie who isn’t hand reared will at some point have this issue but one has to be really seriously weird to play this game for years while not getting beyond that issue. It makes no sense to not agree to the core concept of a game but then keep playing it for an eternity, all the while whining about how bad the game is and how it would be better if only the game would be completely different. That’s a really DUMB way of doing things and is only done by people who… don’t understand the game.

TL;DR If you’re crying about being the content and having your sand castles kicked in then you don’t understand what this game is about. Because that is ALL it’s about.

5 Likes

Right, and then they handed the reigns over to a person who said his intent was to punish the players (“All sticks and no carrots”) and that by making the game worse he was really making it better.

I mean, they came right out and admitted part of the reason they moved some ores to low sec was so that more miners would die trying to harvest them.

CCP should just be honest that the only reason they want miners or PvE players in the game is so the “real” players have victims.

3 Likes

Welp we’ll see :smiley:

Fftfy

2 Likes