Force Field for Preventing Bumping (limited)

The first one is maybe a “hard counter” the other two are not. They are soft counters, IMO.

1 Like

Computer programs cannot determine intent and thus fault is extremely problematic. There are instances of friendly bumping.

i think you’re right for the second one, but why the third?

I think of a hard counter is where I do something directly against the player in question. Shooting him is a hard counter. In the third, I am not shooting him, I am repping the rat that is shooting him.

1 Like

How does a computer determing which player caused the accident?

Tell me that.

Jita4 undock… ouch.

Can you repair rats? I’m sure I’ve tried and it wont let me.

You can repair friendly ships in resource wars I’ve noticed.

No idea, I have never tried. But if you could it wouldn’t be a “hard”/direct counter. Certain aspects of the game do not have a “hard”/direct counter and that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Some people point to the lack of a “hard”/direct counter as if that mere fact means something significant.

You can rep a rat but you’ll get a suspect flag or something now I think.

I have not tried to do that in several years at least, but last I checked you are unable to remote repair any hostile rats in Eve Online. Or if you can, it’s a concordokken offense. Now I kinda want to go test this again…

1 Like

Iirc they’ve implemented this because of people repping the rats in Deltole, which was hilarious. Considering the significant changes, it’s definitely a thing worth trying out again. Even if it’s still a criminal offense, suiciding defensive drones of an afk miner would still lead to the same result (popped barge) and would still be cheaper than suiciding the miner himself. :smiley:

Well thing is, the belt rats are not high damage enough to actually kill a barge in highsec, unless it’s utterly untanked whatsoever. (Even then only rats in 0.5-0.6 could possibly beat out the natural shield regen.)

Now those new faction rats from FOBs, those things are scary powerful in numbers, about on par with poorly fit player pvp ships.

1 Like

what about damage to the bumper?

And when people start using that to damage freighters? See a freighter auto piloting and you deliberately get in its way so that it takes damage…

1 Like

You’ve been around way too long to not know the issue with bumping damage.

They never think before sharing what they think is the perfect solution :wink:

1 Like

FTFY, you’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.