Forums karma

yes but that’s why a forum is there: people can post their ideas. Others can discuss. Others can read the discussion and get the pros and cons.
Specially in eve, where very different people, doing different activities, will have to take into account the consequences of one idea on people living in wormholes or in hi sec, doing trading or pvp etc
Eve forum is not reddit. If you want to make it like reddit, then just remove the forum, use it only for announcements from devs and all discussions and up/downvotes will be on reddit
But should i say that i learned much more reading posts on this forum than on reddit?

Would down vote this thread.

No, ■■■■ off.

3 Likes

Don’t you wish you could downvote my post :stuck_out_tongue:

So you and your army of alts can brigand people? No thanks.

No…

1 Like

So you want to upvote my post? Appreciate the support!

No…

2 Likes

There’s a reason we didn’t switch to that format.

4 Likes

There you go.

1 Like

Another example of emergent down votes.

Player content! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That doesn’t do anything though. Nobody really cares if you think the idea is bad, there’s no negative for me if I post a stream of bad ideas onto forums

Yes, I think we’ve noticed that.

ETA: It would also result in posters who are explaining how the game is, getting downvoted by those who howl and rage because PvP happened.

What exactly do you think it will do?

As a developer I can tell you, nothing. I’m not going to waste my time on that clique ■■■■.

Every customers opinion is worth exactly the same no matter how many likes or dislikes they have and I have yet to see a change control meeting where we followed the, lol, votes from the customers. Every person in those meetings has 50 things they want to be next.

1 Like

We need ISDs that actually care about quality of discussion. And Mods who will ban people for constant breaking of the rules.

Having experience from some actually serious forums, if these would have to be moderated like them, half of the most frequent posters would be banned.

1 Like

Exactly, since your opinion means nothing I’m free to post random garbage to forums. Is this what you want? The same dumb ideas appearing again and again?

The forums are nothing but random garbage. How would a voting system change that?

Well, since you would need at least 50 upvotes you can’t post random garbage all the time without losing your ability to make new posts

It’s a stupid idea.

3 Likes

You can’t stop people from posting dumb ideas, just look at this thread!

1 Like