First of all my game configuration
I’m using the Lutris client
4.9 protonified wine (also happens with the 4.6 tkg wine that ships with the client)
esync enabled (also happens with disabled)
Radeon RX Vega 64 with the RADV Vulkan driver
KDE Plasma, happens both with compositing enabled and disabled
64bit client and wine prefix
Happens independent of any graphics, display or UI settings whatsoever, also with a fresh shared cache
So now to the issue I’m facing:
For example, when flying next to an Amarr station I get about 100 fps, 120 fps when hiding the UI with ctrl+F9. So far this is normal (or at least acceptable) behavior that I also had with the windows client
After some time however (the interval is usually shortened by higher graphical load, but it also happens in completely static scenes) my fps will heavily drop, in this scene to about 50 fps. Note that it is always a factor of 2. When hiding the UI, I’m back up to 120fps again, when bringing the UI back I’m down to 50fps again.
Minimizing the EVE client and maximizing it again fixes the regression until it naturally happens again
I have tried hiding parts of the UI but there seems to be no single element responsible for it, only hiding the whole thing by pressing ctrl+F9 brings me back to 120fps.
Of course, neither CPU nor GPU are really stressed during any of this so it’s not a bottleneck.
I have tried pretty much any option I could think of as mentioned above