Just to let you know that unlike VSYNC, I was able to get Freesync to work properly. I have applied the latest DC patches on my kernel 4.12, rebooted… And now xrandr --prop show:
Freesync capable : 1
When I set EVE to interval 1, I get 60 fps, sometime it go lower when I have lot of stuff on the screen or if my face is at 2 meters of a citadel, but still, it go to like 55 or so and still no tearing, not 30 like normal vsync so it’s really Freesync in action!
for now, I tested with open source Radeon with my oced RX480.
My whole gfx chain is bleeding (git-everything).
Unfortunately, it work only in OpenGL… If you try with D3D (Gallium Nine), enabling interval 1 when freesync is enabled produce the same fps as interval immediate.
Also, it work only in real full screen (as freesync does not work on Desktop or Video playback)
EDIT : Using “thread_submit=true” envvar (at the beginning of the last line in the evelauncher.sh), fix it for Gallium nine too!
EDIT 2 : That “thread_submit=true” also fix normal VSYNC (with Gallium Nine)