Freighters are too cost effective to suicide gank. Need HP increase

Deflection trolling, reported.

Still if you want that go and take a time machine back to the start of Eve and you can have what you want.

1 Like

My first “job” way back when I started playing Eve was flying freighters, (Charon Specifically). They used to have zero fitting slots at all. Yet they were very hard to kill, tremendous tank that required lots of ships to kill.

Then they added low slots, made the ships more modular and even MORE tankable, I thought that the community would say that freighters were overpowered after that.

But here we are lol.

The point is I’ve flown the same Charon since around '09. Admittedly I’ve stayed in Hi-Sec with it, but I’ve never lost it. There are well know tricks that while not 100% guaranteeing safety, work very well to mitigate risk.

–Don’t haul overly valuable cargo, Don’t auto pilot, fit as many tank mods (bulkheads) as you can while maintaining the cargo space you need, pay attention to local and use the game tools to mark known gankers, and ganker corps as red to you (CODE).

Extra steps you can take:

–Use an alt as a scout, web yourself (with an alt or freind) so you can enter warp faster…

I could go on and on as there are years worth of writings, and videos on how to fly a freighter safely.

TL;DR- There are a ton of ways to mitigate risk while flying a freighter, and while not a guarantee, they work very well. Even with all that, yes you might still get ganked, that is part of the game.

5 Likes

Some people don’t appear to be able to accept that the risk of getting ganked will never be zero. The fact that with a little forethought and planning a player can get it so damn close to zero that it may as well be zero is entirely irrelevant to them.

Or as CCP Solomon put it:

the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built

5 Likes

Old EVE saying…

if you undock be prepared to loose your ship

And

if you can’t afford to replace your ship, don’t undock it

1 Like

While both sayings are true, that shouldn’t prevent asking for changes in the game. It would get pretty stale if everything just remained static because we are all ok that ships die.

Rebalancing and meta changes are good for the game, as long as they are well thought out and needed.

Well i don’t agree with the idea of increasing HP or adding medslots or highslots (as suggested in other topics on Freighter buffing).

As you know i put a suggestion out there that countered the buffs with a reduced structure HP, but as you know the ganker jumped on it as an anti-ganker topic.

As i see it increases to HP don’t add anything to freighter gameplay, as it is its almost the most boring role in the game (extremely slow travel times) and the longer the run the worse it is.

The sure adding mid and high slots would add a huge variety of fit options, but would lead to massive tanked fast freighters making DST’s almost a waste of time, other than a cheaper option. And not to forget the huge redesign requirement to limit what should be mounted.

Only option i see is reduced the structure HP by 25%-33%, and then add RIG slots. But this adds an issue of people mounting 3x bulkhead RIGs and lowslot bulkheads, and with the current no stacking penalties on these would make for slightly better tanks than currently available, the 25%-33% reduction does counter the increase, but ideally as CCP has applied to other percentage based modifying modules, the bulkheads (rig and lowslot) and armor laying/trimark, etc… should have stacking penalties, and leave the static HP bonus modules as is (1600mm, 800mm, etc armor plates for example).

But this is covered in another topic.

As for this topic, no is the only answer i have to a static base HP increase.

1 Like

I don’t either. I don’t think adding rig slots is good or necessary either.

The counters are already in game and people that use them don’t get ganked. If everyone started properly protecting their freighter and they still died, then changes would be needed. Until then, changes are just buffs for the lazy.

Additionally, the most recent changes have been nerfs to freighter ganking in CCP eyes. Using CCP’s stated approach, if anything the next change should be a buff to ganking.

3 Likes

The inescapable irony of it all…

Also, this is my 35th and your 70th so you are now double my posts as predicted. I love being right.

1 Like

There is already balance. You just don’t like where the current balance sits and want it moved. That won’t solve anything, because the lazy will still be lazy and continue to die, as they don’t make use of the tools already available to them.

The inevitable outcome we’ve seen time and time again will be more calls for further nerfs, because nothing short of complete safety while autopiloting will be good enough.

Unfortunately there is no view that the owner of a ship should actually take any responsibility at all. If there was, the calls for nerfs wouldn’t happen, because that responsibility can already be taken successfully.

6 Likes

Wow, you really got that wrong…

Or he’s gone up against some poorly organized ganker fleets.

1 Like

You forgot something

• With the same if not more cargo space than using 3x expanders

Of course you are right, never give up the fight bro… :fist:

Don’t feed the troll please…

I have never witnessed the forums glitching.

1 Like

Dude, your life is ■■■■■■■ boring.

1 Like

Real men don’t need ‘exitement’ or ‘entitlement’ … they are enough for themselves and don’t need others for their self-esteem…Crazy agenda those days in which most people rely on social media likes for that i know it…

But still…

Despite what the media and feminism warriors tell you…women still prefer that type of men in huge numbers :slight_smile:

Real men don’t fear PVP in hisec, they take measures to ensure their own security.

3 Likes

Wrong…

Real men don’t need to kill unarmed freighters and barges for their self-esteem…

1 Like

Reading problems Cuckbika?

1 Like