Frequent "Connection to server was lost."

Hi,
i am having issues with my client frequenty disconnecting from the server.

• It happens at least a couple of times per day.
  • Sometime all clients are affected, sometimes only two or three
  • didnt have these issues for month. started about a week ago
  • i had a ping running to launcher.eveonline.com with zero packet loss while clients got disconnected

Ping statistics for 99.84.147.48:
Packets: Sent = 20441, Received = 20441, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 52ms, Average = 9ms

anyone having similar problems?

best regards
lainach

3 Likes

I once had the same issue. In the launcher settings there is a menu “check files for integrity”. Sorry, don`t have launcher here to check accurate way. So, should try this, at least.

In the launcher there is a menu item called “Shared Cache…”.
Clicking that item gives me a new window with a couple of options.

So far i tried:

• Fix permissions of cached folder
  • Verify integrity of downloaded files and purge extra files

I think the last is the one you where referring to, right?

Best regards
lainach

Exactly. Hope it would help you

okay, this seems to work.
i did not get any error messages when i ran the verify.
but today no more “Connection to server lost”.

That`s cool) And what anout today?

I suffer from those random disconnects on a daily basis.
When I am in a fleet usually several other people disconnect at the same time, so I do not believe it is a problem on the client PC.
Something changed to the networking code from last year to now. I can’t say when exactly it started but my wild guess is when they introduced cloudflare into the equation.

1 Like

i returned after stopping playing in 2018. Everyday i get around 3 “Connection Lost” PER HOUR. I never had this problem before with the same PC and same ISP. I can’t play any battles or do any exploration because of this risk.

Returned player here, I’m also getting disconnected randomly a few times per day. I fly 2 accounts and sometimes only one gets disconnected.

Fixed permissions and verified cache and still getting disconnected.

1 Like

Yesterday July 03, 2021 I got disconnected every 5-10 minutes. I am playing eve for 6 months and this is the first time this is happening. I got sometimes disconnected in the past but it was once in a very while. Today i got disconnected again during PI and when i got back i was scrammed and killed.

I checked permissions and cache pinged the server with the following results

ping launcher.eveonline.com

Pinging d1hoqe10mv32pv.cloudfront.net [54.192.9.60] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 54.192.9.60: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=246
Reply from 54.192.9.60: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=246
Reply from 54.192.9.60: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=246
Reply from 54.192.9.60: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=246

Ping statistics for 54.192.9.60:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 5ms

Also restarted the PC and router. I am using wired connection. Finally i waited for DT but the problem persists. Actually i got disconnected exactly now while i am writing this message.

Just chiming in to stell you this is a constant problem. I can also confirm it happens to multiple people at the same time. From what i often see it’s everyone in my group who is located in germany, ISP doesn’t matter, exact location doesn’t matter. I also had it happen on a single account when i run 2 at the same time but also both. It’s a pain.

2 Likes

I’m from the Netherlands. Had a few discounts yesterday in the Abyss. Both times I was able to save my ship. But these disconnects are probably the first in years if not ever.

These were so frequent that I decided to stop playing the abyssal content.

again …

Hello,

I used to have 1~4 accounts disconnecting while other internet services did not encounter any d/c. First I was looking through my firewall logs and did always find Cloudflare sending me packets (without correct syn/ack). After lots of testing that apparently doesn’t cause D/C but it’s a bad way to use network connections.

I now try to only use 2 accounts simultaneous and try not to leave those accounts AFK for a long period of time.

I also blocked “elg.evetech.net” as it does exist ( Whois evetech.net ) as some amazon aws (isn’t the chat now through AWS?) but surprisingly I have zero issues with chat either…

Fixing CCP’s network coding errors is like making your way through an orgy while blinded… you have to feel your way through!

Same problem here

Over 3 to 10 disconnects every hour over the past two weeks. I tried to ping the server and my connection is completley fine

I had multiple alts running and everytime there was 1 or 2 alts disconnects, not all of my alts disconnect

American here. Sometimes I’ll get three or four disconnects in an hour, while my internet connection remains unaffected. After a few days, the issue clears up. It’s an issue for numerous players, and the standard response from CCP is, “It’s not us. It must be your ISP.”

I don’t know how it all works on the technical side; I’m one of those computer users who can use a computer but I don’t understand or care how it works, most of the time. Consequently, I can’t say if it’s CCP or what that’s causing the issue, but I would like to see it addressed.

Londoner here. This morning, probably after a week, I tried to connect 3 of my chars and after the selection, the game logs in and disconnects. Consistently. I cannot play.

CA player here. Same problem. I will have two clients open. One will drop, but the other will stay up. Restart, and I can reconnect immediately. Also a returning player from 8 years ago - never had this problem before.
I’ve noticed it happens more frequently on docking/undocking, but it can happen in space.

I tried the cache scan - it deleted some extra files but didn’t find anything corrupted. Maybe that will work.

Having problems after the game patched today, 4 accounts losing connection usually on dock/undock or when I say something in chat, first account gets disconnected after a couple minutes all the other ones start dropping.

I have started to have this issue during the last weeks, never had them before. I play with several clients at the same time and usually only one disconnects, today it was two. Sometimes I’m not doing anything at all, just have my character cloaked in w-space. I’ve disconnected twice when exiting a wormhole.

They are not occurring that often, but in a game like EVE, they can happen at the worst time. It’s not an issue with my internet.

EDIT : It actually happened again while I was writing this post with just one of my accounts. So that’s two DCs in fairly fast succession.