From Extraction to Production

Thanks for the constructive feedback, spot on and we are taking community feedback on the new player waste, specifically!

2 Likes

Autopaying taxes on all income, not just bounties is absolutely something we discuss regularly.

5 Likes

No, with boosts, skills and modules you can make more.

4 Likes

Well constructed argument, will bring it to the team.

5 Likes

I was travelling and couldnā€™t write properly on my phone. :innocent:

2 Likes

@CCP_Rattati

Can I have more likes please? Seriously, the forums limit them, and Iā€™m running out. Gonna have to resort to upvote gifs.

6 Likes

I was going to write something constructive but I know CCP doesnā€™t actually listen and just pays lip service to try to smooth things over without actually doing any internal reflection. Maybe theyā€™ll figure out theyā€™re the reason for the PCU crisis eventually but after 2 years I doubt it, anyways Iā€™m just going to unsub my eight accounts and move on. Cheers.

4 Likes

And now its 2 AM and I have my laptop and ready to roll! Thanks for covering my back! :smiley:

2 Likes

Respectfully disagree!

4 Likes

@CCP_Rattati , while youā€™re here, I want to go ahead and say THANK YOU and your team for pushing toward industrial setups to be able to punch back upward without being completely nuked in other regards. That was much needed speaking from my industrial backgroumd.

As a PVPer, them being able to fight back is also great imho, means have to actually prep to hit ops, so things can be more interesting, and will be more likely someoneā€™s own fault for being unprepared on either side.

3 Likes

Hi CCP Rattati, being the Rorq pilot in a fleet as a solo client, and compressing materials sounds like the most boring thing eve could offer. It takes years of training, billions of isk, to sit in the fleet flagship and compress ore??

Forgive me if i donā€™t believe the notion that CCP are not trying to incentivize multi-boxing. It could not be more blatant than right now.

There are simply not enough pilots to fill barges to counter these rorqual changes, so either 1 of 2 things will happen. Existing players buy more accounts and inject SP and use current Isk or buy Plex to fund the ships and modules, OR a fraction of whats being produced ends up flying in space.

So in other words, either CCP and PA get richer, OR the economy get shot to piecesā€¦

Which one is CCP betting on?

2 Likes

with the amount of garbage comments on this thread I doubt it will be seen, but here goes nothing hoping it does.

I think the buffs to the ore and ice supplies are going to be problematic. For ice especially, just take a look at the price of isotopes and tell me we need even more ice available. Waste will eat up some of it, but it wont take that many skill points any more to get into the crystals that allow you to extract far more of whatever resource is available in your space than you ever have before. I donā€™t understand what the point of scarcity is when subcaps are all getting massive buffs, material availability doubled with only a 34% chance of wasting the material.

I think the changes to compression were extremely good. it was an entirely overpowered mechanic that cost absolutely nothing to do that allowed materials to move with greatly reduced expense - would be great if compression tax were implemented also.

The compact industrial core seems extremely weak compared to its large drawback of being immobile for 5 minutes. I donā€™t think making its benefits much stronger would be good, it wouldnā€™t take much to make an orca or porpoise totally overpowered. But if you compare apples and oranges and take a look at the bastion module I - the bastion module seems like a much more powerful module for what it does and only has a 30 second cycle

2 Likes

exhumer ā€œfriendsā€ as in teamwork

1 Like

ice drones are 50 bandwidth

The replies you got are right on the money.

To clarify the graph, if the Waste Volume Multiplier is 1x and the Waste Probability is 100%, that means for each cycle you would get the same mining amount as you always do (1), but 2 units would be removed from the asteroid - 1 to you, 1 to space dust.

If the Waste Volume Multiplier was 1x, and the Waste Probability is 50%, then thereā€™s a 50% chance that you would have that extra waste. The waste never comes from your yield, so thereā€™s never a chance where you get less than what your mining lasers indicate. In this latter example, over 10 cycles youā€™d get the 10 ore, and the asteroid you were mining would have (on average) 15 ore removed from it (10 to you, 5 to space)

The C-classification of crystal (name TBD) is, simply, designed to destroy rocks. Whether you want to clear out the remains of an anomaly you no longer want quickly, or if you want to destroy someone elseā€™s asteroids is completely up to the players.

4 Likes

hilarius

1 Like

This would mean more if you hadnā€™t already said all those incredibly tone-deaf comments on that reddit thread to let us know how you actually feel

3 Likes

CCP feels like: why should we have industry when we offer plex?

So you doubled the amount of ore in asteroids and icebergs, but then made half of it disappear into space dust unless you keep buying - no doubt quite expensive - crystals, and even then youā€™re not mining all that much more since you lose ~20% to compression loss.

Do you - and I do mean this sincerely - want no more solo players at all? CCP_Riatti kind of hinted at it, and frankly the loss of drone mining is not a bad thing, but all these changes will just make solo mining more and more difficult. And thatā€™s before we talk about making every mining barge harder to effectively defend itself.

If the goal is to just get rid of solo miners, then just tell us that. Weā€™ll complain, yes, but we might stick around.

2 Likes

@CCP_Swift please help endurance has a ice drone boost it cant use. It has 25bandwidth when an ice drone is 50bandwidth

1 Like