Funny 50% promotion

Sure. Theres a reason why MCTs exist, though.

What most players end up doing is skilling their alt and extracting and making ISK. Which, by the way, is still a good deal. You get more by skilling 3 months of MCT and extracting on a 5 million + skillpiont toon, than you do with 10 dollars worth of plex.

2 Likes

Unless you want to make ISK off it. 3 months of MCT will get you more isk than 10 dollars worth of plex.

Did you read Solonius’ earlier responses?

There are good reasons to use MCT instead of a second Omega account. In case you want to train an Omega alt that does not need to be logged in at the same time as your main, it’s more efficient to train it with a MCT because especially in the long run you would only have to pay for one Omega subscription instead of 2 if you want to keep using your alt.

Or are you calling my PI and mining alts trained with MCT a mistake? Industrial and trading alts, if I were to make those?

2 Likes

Just in case anyone has missed it, this is three months after the last time they ran this. Maybe in another three months the same deal will be run for a limited time.

1 Like

How is this toxicity? Explain how this is anti-consumer. CCP runs a special, and people complain. Un-■■■■■■■-real.

Oh, and yes, I realize that CCP is in the business of making money, and this special is likely structured this way because it maximizes profit, but it’s also a good deal for players as well.

1 Like

Okay, let me break it down for all the people who think MCT’s/MPTC’s are worthless.

Individual Omega accounts are best if you need to login multiple characters at once, you plan to train the characters indefinitely, and you plan on paying cash for a subscription.

MCT’s/MPTC’s are useful if you don’t need to log in all the characters at once, and only have a finite amount of training you need done. For example, if you have one account, you can use them to create P.I. Alts, Industry Alts, and a Hauling Alt (in a non-deckable corp). And if you already have more than one account, you can do things like create additional cyno alts. For example, if you have a cap pilot and a subcap pilot, you can add two cyno alts on the subcap pilot account. And I’m sure many people can provide even more examples.

Also, do note that 2nd and 3rd character slots are useful if you plan to pay for training through isk, as MPTC’s are always cheaper than plex (they have a price ceiling of 485 plex in the NES).

5 Likes

Yeah, they tend to go a little over 90 days in between specials, but iirc, this is actually the 3rd one in a row that they’ve done. Of course, you can’t count on this being the new routine. Like they ran regular specials for the year leading up to the Pearl Abyss acquisition, and then stopped. Of course, I’m glad they’re doing it again, but no telling if and when they’ll stop.

1 Like

Not to mention, if you run an MCT slot on a 5 million + sp alt that you dont need to train, you can essentially make enough ISK to buy Plex for atleast 2 more months, with some spare change left over.

So essentially you are subbing for 5 months, for an extra 10 dollars.

So an extra 33 dollars for 6 months, or an extra 10 dollars for 5 months.

Pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

3 Likes

No, training an alt is more efficient than injecting. Also, why should I stop training my main to train an alt? That’s what we have MCT for.

In fact, because of injectors, the SP gained on my 50M+ SP main is much more valuable than any SP trained on new alts. It would be incredibly inefficient to stop training my main for a few months to get lvl 5 PI skills on alts.

I’m not looking for running an SP farm, and I’m not looking for extra daily login event ‘rewards’ either.

Sure.

If you didnt realize it, we are talking about this offer.

All of our discussions about MCT is within the context of this offer.

The OP, and several other people have come in here saying that this offer is stupid.

These guys are all against this offer, thinking its stupid. But there are loads of ways that people can get a lot of moneys worth out of this deal.

All of this is within the context of this deal.

Normally, yes, I agree, if you are just skilling up MTC for some stupid reason, then its probably worth more to just go Omega and switch training queues for that short duration of time or something.

But within the context of this deal, and within the context of the discussion at hand, this deal/offer is pretty good, to a lot of people.

Furthremore, you do realize that Scoots Choco, the person you were quoting, was talking about the offer, right?

Training SP gives more SP for your ISK than injecting SP.

Also you’re suggesting that I stop training on my main with 50M+ SP, where SP is much more valuable on because of injector diminishing returns, to train skills on an alt that I could easily inject with full injector value?

You’re the one being inefficient here.

Time factor is a choice. If you want everything right now and start mining in a Rorqual right now it’s more efficient to inject into one and start mining with a head start on someone who is still training. But this means it’s not only going to cost you more ISK, but also more time.

But if you purely look at the cost to get certain skills, and don’t care that it may take some time, training will be cheaper than injecting.

Sure. And if were having a discussion for an offer of 2 for 1 Ice cream at your local ice cream parlor, and you bring up the fact that Lactose intolerant people cant eat ice cream, we are going to ask you what that has to do with what were discussing.

Just typing “Fail” doesnt make it a fail. Youre getting worse and worse at arguing.

Nope.

For the ‘significant profit over long term’ it barely matters if I start doing PI now or in a few weeks.

I feel like we’ve got a different idea of efficiency.

Injecting immediately for a higher cost than training, just to be able to spend more time now making back the ISK lost isn’t really ‘more efficient’ in my eyes. It just allows you to start making money faster, but also costs you time.

Now your time may not be valuable, but enough of my time has been wasted already pointing out your flaws in this thread.

Goodbye.

Thanks for conceding the point.

Profit margins are currently razor thin. Even if you have a perfect remap, keep +5 implants in their head at all time, and use standing orders (buying extractors in bulk during sales will also help), you still will only make approximately 78mil a month (if using plex). Thus, it is an option for those that need to multibox the toons in question (as it will greatly reduce the cost, but not necessarily eliminate it or generate a profit for you), but it’s an unnecessary headache for those that don’t.

It’s a good point, but you’re still selling MCT’s short. If you don’t need to multibox the toon in questions, you’re just wasting your time (and possibly tying up large quantities of isk in injectors if you buy them in bulk during sales) for peanuts at best, and a small loss at worst.

I see the same PA apologists in here that were arguing that buying one months SP for the price of a three month sub is just fine and dandy.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I do not get the point why people are complaining. My following calculation is based on 2 accounts for 1 year each:

2x Omega: 2x131,40 EUR = 262,80 EUR
Omega + MCT Deal: 4x 48,85 EUR = 195,40 EUR

So effective you get a 1 year MCT for 64 EUR instead of a full omega for 131,40 EUR.

Yes, you can’t multibox, you get no daily or special rewards. But even if i add a comparable 2 month value bonus in favor of an omega account it would still look something like 109,40 EUR vs. 64 EUR. (1 year daily reward is around one additional month)

Looks still like a good deal with a ~42% discount on MCT for a year. If you already multibox and/or just want to train a second char for a special purpose it is ok.

Generally I would recommend to go for a second omega/multibox, because this expands your possibilities in EVE greatly. Afterwards MCT is a valid option for some additional tasks where you do not require multiple accounts parallely such as pvp and industrial focused char.

Maybe I have a (stupid) mistake in my calculation/comparision. Feel free to destroy my math or point of view.

If you earn enough isk in EVE the deals are all useless :wink:.

1 Like