Future Direction of EVE

Looking forward to the ultra scientific results of the 3-5 people that still frequent these forums.

3 Likes

I voted “continue as is”. If I wanted some cheap-sh1t generic crap to play I would go and play it. I don’t so I play EVE. If you change EVE it won’t be the game I chose to play so…

3 Likes

Other;

You have got to be kidding! :crazy_face: Where would I begin? Probably with “When EVE grew too fast…”

50k avg and growing and they gave it up…

Edit; 2 acct’s unsub, last one in 6 days. Sad days indeed for me.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that…

Stuff? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nope! :laughing:

Very few players actually quit EVE completely. Even after years, we see people checking in to see how bad it’s got. :wink: So I think I’ll just unsub for now. I can always pay for a mo if I want. Until they turn off the lights, I can always come back… :star_struck:

Not the way I wanted to win EVE… :sob:

You haven’t. EVE beat you.

Then so be it.

1 Like

We (me, myself and I) want a PVE server only. :heart_eyes:

You cannot have PvP without PvE. This vote is silly and wrong.

You also have like half the voters not voting for PvP.

A removal of PvE is not an option in this poll

And vice versa, in the current model.

1 Like

You realise what happened in the last poll similar to this will happen in this poll…

1 Like

This is a 3-choices poll :

1. I am stupid and believe that this makes any sense
  2. Let’s just tick random choices since it does not make any sense.
  3. Let’s log more alts in order to screw the results.

BTW I just found back to alpha accounts I had forgotten, thank you ! and yes, alphas are allowed to vote on polls.

Well, not really. Unless you gave equipment away and the only way to earn currency was from killing players. Other than that, you have to PvE to earn money to purchase PvP.

PvE is pretty much self sustaining unless PvP earns ISK.

Too bad PvP doesn’t earn you enough ISK. winkwink CCP

It needs to expand on all areas rapidly or face dying off.

Sure, Eve has the only real continuous endgame of any MMO. It doesn’t require permanent updates to keep raids alive etc, as 0.0 just evolves within the community.
BUT
it looks and plays like junk. And outside of 0.0 it’s really, really bad. The game is still biased towards people who live on the game, but those people pay for game time with PLEX, therefore the business model doesn’t work.

It needs to update the entire UI and PVE aspect of the game as that lures people in. Then once lured, they can then get captivated by 0.0 and that whole aspect of the game. The issue is that you don’t go from pod to 0.0. It takes a lot of time and money to do that and currently I don’t know a single gamer under 30 who would pick Eve up as a new game.

You look at how sleek modern games are and Eve just can’t compete. You can explain how it has more depth etc, but the average gamer will just get distracted by the much shinier AAA release.

But it’s losing players so saying “stay as” means you’re going to be riding a sinking ship because you hate change/modernisation.

1 Like

It’s not our fault that the current generation of gamers have the patience and attention span of a toddler…

No, really. In current model, PvP creates demand that makes PvE not worthless.

1 Like

Someone doesn’t “get” the difference between an activity and a market.