Future Direction of EVE

Closed the poll due to stupid people.

2 Likes

Yep…60%…all our alts…a new stab in the back myth is born…must be the only reasonable explanation…

Funny thing is that PVP doesn’t even accept the ‘you are a minority’ truth if it is shown to them black on white in a poll…
‘This poll is not representativ’ i guess…
‘The wrong questions were asked’ i guess…

And of course…nothing needs to be changed…what blasphemy to even think this thought…

Am i too sarcastic?

Well it’s deserved…

There is no future, only coronavirus. :sneezing_face: :face_with_thermometer: :mask:

1 Like

This is no computer virus you know? :slight_smile:

So much salt.

Holy fck I did not expect you to be so salty. Did you really expect to have any form of knowledge out of such a poll ? Seriously ? That was just children playing to be adult. How did you expect people to take that seriously ?

2 Likes

You are in no way better?

What did YOU expect except the truth you don’t like?

If you want answers you like you have to ask the RIGHT question…asking the question right is the magic of polls…if you ask clever enough you reach your goal if not …well…not :slight_smile:

1 Like

“I posted a poll to ‘prove’ my ‘point’. When the poll didn’t look like it would prove what I want, I closed it.”

That’s pretty much what you’d expect from a toxic troll who spouts about PvP all day long, while sitting in a solo, non-war eligible safety corp and never actually doing any PvP.

3 Likes

Still…

Ask clever enough and reach your goal…

Seems to me he had to learn this lesson the hard way…and so all that voted on this poll are ‘stupid’ because …well…not his opinion you know…:slight_smile:

What ?
I expected nothing, was served.

No it’s not. The results of polls only talk about the way the poll was created. You cannot deduce anything from the polls outside of that.

I just logged 20 alts to wreck his poll, for the fun. There was nothing more to get from that poll. It’s like a sandcastle, I was helping him build another one. I had fun, he had a lesson.

I guess you missunderstood me…

What i was trying to say was that HOW(how formulated) the question is asked influences the result of the poll greatly…

Sorry but i really thought that was clear as glass…

When the proportions hold true for a long period in time and then in 1 hour the vote nearly doubles and the proportion changes radically then you know someone stuffed the box and you close the poll.

Got it. You can’t PvP in space, so you come to the forums to do it, but then you can’t adapt and PvP there either.

Sux2BU I guess.

1 Like

Well sorry I did not notice it was irony.

That’s called double standards.
“When it goes along my opinion, it’s fact, when it goes against, it is an error”. Shows who is the stupid one here.

The only thing it shows, is that trying to acquire data is a very difficult job, and that often the data does not say a thing at all, only your own interpretation and biases are talking.

Let’s be honest, we all know the joke of “those who play Eve are unemployed or CEO’s” does have some truth to it, regardless of the useless attention span of modern kids.

But either way, the market is the market and it’s adapt or die. EVE needs to adapt. It can still retain its current depth and change as the PVE is shockingly bad. This massive issue will be hindering player attraction and retention and that helps no one.

The doomsayers have been saying the same thing since the launch of Eve. Unlike many that have fallen by the wayside CCP are still around and making money, despite bucking the market since launch.

the PVE is shockingly bad

Yes it is, because PvE has never been the focus of development; the attraction of Eve is the stories that are created, not the endless farming of NPC’s to appease the masses.

I’m not saying that the PvE shouldn’t be improved, because it damn well needs it; but it’s a means to an end, that end being the opportunity for conflict that the struggle for control of resources created by PvE creates; this is where the stories Eve is famous for comes from.

PvP and PvE have somewhat of a symbiotic relationship, without one the other withers; the hard part is balancing one against the other without killing the host.

2 Likes

I actually am very fine with PVE, there are a wide variety of activities, even L3 and L4 can be interesting if you want to have fun.
I just did a blockade with a friend in BC, it was long but still interesting

We make anom running, then escalations, we make several cheap fits, running them efficiently in 100M fits is actually pretty interesting (and thanks for the haulers channel, contracts are very cheap and I can easily move like 2B of fits from jita to 30 j ±)

There is of course room for improvement, but people not having fun is IMO more a matter of people looking for omgwtf income.

4 Likes

We’re somewhat in agreement, PvE can be fun if approached in that fashion; but the point still stands, compared to other games the PvE in Eve is pretty poor when taken at face value.

IMHO it’s the players that make their own fun given the resources and tools at their disposal that Eve is aimed at, not those who simply consume what is given to them without thought or experimentation.

2 Likes

I mean, whatever the devs do to add content, there will be people that will minmax it, then rush it 24/7 and then complain “there is nothing to do”.

That’s why in Eve it’s better as pvp focused : meta gaming means best strat has to evolve.

the few things I would change in pve, is the delay time : warp time of ships is very long, but still I guess after the last patch that would still be greedy of me. Also I love hyper+nano machs, so I can’t really complain.

Fck we came to an agreement, let me change opinion.

lol don’t get me wrong I min/max most of the time; it’s efficient. However I’m not above having a bit of fun when I have time to spare. My very first experience of a lvl 4 was just a few days into the game after having just joined a corp aimed at newer players; the more experienced players drew fire while us newbies obliterated the small stuff using our frigs.

1 Like

First I’ve heard it.

I thought the thing was that we’re all in IT or Military.