FW Frigate Hub! Discuss All Things Frigate (and Dessie!) In FW Space

This isn’t my thread but I’m pretty sure @Nujenif_Talvanen wouldn’t mind you posting your fit here. Do share some fits so we can all learn together🙂

3 Likes

Awesome. I plan to pick 6 frigates that interest me the most, so I’ll come back with them once I come up with some fits I think are cool.

1 Like

Alright, so this is one of the first ships I drafted up. Idk if it’ll be any good, but it seems like it would be fun to try out. What do you think?

[Condor, T1 PvP LRL Brawler V2]
Low Slots
Ballistic Control System I
Damage Control I

Mid Slots
Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
5MN Microwarpdrive I
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

High Slots
‘Arbalest’ Rocket Launcher I, Scourge Rocket
Small Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Rigs
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator I

1 Like

Hmm don’t take my advice too seriously as I’m not very experienced. From what I know, the condor generally isn’t used for solo pvp, it’s used in gangs as a tackler so this depends whether you fight in gangs or solo. It can also be used as a scout, in that case, you probably won’t need weapons. I think this is pretty standard. Not bad!

1 Like

Not bad indeed. Ye, I created this forum to share and react to everyone’s fots and complaints, not as a personal blog-style thingy. Everyone is encouraged to participte.

This isn’t “My thread”.

On the Condor, see my rant on T1 mods. Arbalests are fine. Since you are going to be fighting in brawl range, I would suggest fitting an AB instead of the MWD. Condors are usually best as cheeky kiters, but YouTuber Lasker Emanuel has a decent brawler that can hold its weight against faction stuff, provided a good set of Nirvana implants. If you fly without the bling and spice, you can still engage most, if not all, T1 frigates. Condors will almost always be engaged when entering plexes, but almost never when you are established, due to its equivalence in annoyance to a T1 Garmur. Garmurs are frickin’ awful man.

1 Like

Today will be a new fit! Finally!
I have been moving into pirate frigs, and I am absolutely loving my new Daredevil. I love terrorizing the Amarr locals to the point that they form a fleet of three to try and remove me. Stay in your novice complex, and no one can touch you!!!
Get that 84% web on them, tap your Coreli A-Type AB, ans nuke their guts with 322 dps.

Daredevil: “Come and Get Me”

3 Highs:
Light Neutron Blaster II, 80x Void S
[Empty High Slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II, 80x Void S

3 Mids:
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

4 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, 8x Nanite Repair Paste
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Overdrive Injector System II

3 Rigs:
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Cargo:
Agency Pyrolancea Dose III
Standard Exile Booster
1,000x Void S
360x Navy Antimatter Charge S
360x Null S

Goes 2,600m/s heated, 322 DPS heated, with 5,500 EHP without small ancillary.
Costs 150M for everything, so it is a bit pricey.

Notice I only have a T1 damage rig and no MagStabs. This ship can be pushed to a ludicrous amount of DPS. 400dps still allows for an armor tank, just with some buffer and speed sacrifices.

So, since I plan to stay Alpha with my PvP alt for now, I’ve been looking at pirate and faction frigates, and had fun drafting up an upgraded Tristan Neut ship by using the Worm:

[Worm, PvP - Neut Drone]
Low Slots
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Mid Slots
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

High Slots
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Rigs
Small Sentry Damage Augmentor I

Acolyte II x1
Hobgoblin II x2
Warrior II x2

How does that look? And what sized batteries should I use for the Capacitor Battery?

Looks good to me. The vast majority of the time, frigs use small sized modules. 1 exception I’ve seen is fitting a medium shield extender on a slasher(dont think this is a good idea because minnie ships rely on speed n small sigs. Fitting a medium shield extender on a frig would greatly increase its signature radius). Try looking at the Comet or Daredevil next. Comets are the most used frig and have the highest winrate of all faction/pirate frigs in FW.

This looks decent, but I personally would use a Worm as a web-kiter, with missile launchers in the highs and either dual prop web long point or AB dual faction web long point. A brawly Worm certainly would be unexpected, but if you do fly it, be prepared to take a lot of damage. That thin hull buffer you’ve got will get burned through really fast. My Slasher would beat that with relative ease, let alone a Tristan or Incursus. You need some armor tank. I would recommend a 200mm plate in place of that DDA. Whis will give you a little more buffer in the case of a blaster, auto, or pulse-fit opponent. That Worm is a decent frigate, but in the solo FW environment, you will not encounter the types of opponents that this ship would be strong against. The people willing to engage are in DDs, Asteros, Drams, Succs, and Gangs, which will all ruin you.

1 Like

Quick tip: Range Control
Range control has been the dominant feature of the 2019 solo pvp meta in lowsec. This has brought along some very interesting fits. I am kinda still hanging on to this idea, especially the dual web no point meme. Range control is simply when you have a higher speed than the other guy, but modules like webs and scrams complicate things. Two webs on a ship are generally enough to get you the range control, and a third is just outright memery. Most range control fits depend heavily on that aspect of their ships. Let us use the Caldari Navy Hookbill as an example here. You in your double web Hookbill use mitigation as a way to tank and outlast your opponent, but if a blaster Comet gets on top of you, you will die if you cannot pull range. On the other side, if a rail Comet is able to hold you away where he can track, you will still die. That Hookbill puts all of its marbles in being able to put itself in a position to outrange or outtrack the opponent. This is why I fly my CNHs with a blinged AB and an Overclocker booster. The current meta is shifting towared buffer ships. This means that MSE ships get gankier, and are designed to burn down opponents with polaried weapons and other fancy toys. Armor tanks will start to be focused more on application. This will give the Breacher a very strong advantage, being the only T1 missile ship with enough low slots to pull this off. No prop fits also might make an appearance, coming off of the destroyer class to frigates able to fit more webs and target painters. I am just waiting for the Breacher with a 3-low armor buffer tank and dual web, scram, target painter. Goofy.
o7, Nujen.

I just moved to Delve to fight for PAPI in the war. I go on roaming frig fleets of about 15 people. I have decided to train all weapon systems into T2. I’m thinking about using a Comet and Merlin for hybrids, Firetail and Rifter for projectiles, Slicer for lasers and Breacher and Kestrel for missiles. Do you think these ships are good?

I have literally no idea. I am a lowsec boi, and bubbles scare me. I would probably choose to fly a buffer nano beam Slicer in nullsec, as it is relatively cheap and can engage many things. Also, shield fits are prevailant in null, so the lasers work even better. Minmatar ships are another good option, known as being very strong hulls, and artillery has selectable damage and high alpha to boot. This philosophy really only works with cruisers and above though. I love the Rupture with a passion. Nullsec also has bubbles so you need to learn how to deal with those, too. As far as missiles go, the Kestrel is a great ship, but the Breacher has some flaws. It has a repair bonus and not enough mids. The Kestrel also gets a crucial range bonus. The Hookbill is also not a bad option. Kestrel is special because it has much more selectable damage. As for blasters, you are hosed. Blasters are very, very bad in nullsec, not being able to hit out past scram range. The Hecate and Comet are pretty much the only ones that can pull this off. Rail Merlins, Incursii, and Comets are very popular. However, you should work on getting into T2 frigs, T3 destroyers, and T2/3 Cruisers to maximize your nullsec experience. Don’t quote me on this though, I am used to my FW.

1 Like

Haha the ones that are messing with bubbles are my mates. We bring a single sabre along with us to bubble enemies while the frigs melt him. I thought about using a dual web kestrel. I don’t need to fit scram or disruptors since most of my mates already have those. Dual webs will maximise damage for all of us(especially missiles) right? I think for now I’ll try to avoid lasers first and train up projectiles. I’ll stick with the Comet, Rifter and Kestrel for now. For EWAR I’ll use a tackle merlin and a tracking disruptor crucifier

For a fleet Kestrel you should go for a MWD MSE Invuln EWAR mid setup. The last slot can be anything your gang needs, be that a scram, web, long point, target painter, or tracking/guidance disruptor. Then fit T2 LMLs or Rockets in the highs and a DCU damage mod setup in the lows. Fantastically fun, and can catch repairs really easily off of friendly logi, if you have any. This is the fit I am going to use when I plex my account to go into null.

Train missiles and drones first. Having T2 drones will enable you to efficiently fly almost all of the viable frigates. This includes the Incursus, Comet, Breacher, Tristan, Maulus, Maulus Navy, Vigil Fleet, and others. Cruisers almost never forgo a drone bay. Train Missiles, Drones, Projectiles, in that order (I love projis, so that might work for first, too), after all the navigation and engineering skills of course. If you are an alpha, make sure you have EVERY racial frigate skill to four. You never know what might strike your fancy in another line. If you are Omega, train all relevant frigate skills to five, especially if you are flying faction.

When in doubt, fly the LML kite Worm.

Alphas can’t use T2 drones right? I wanna train engineering skills and some navigation skills first. Then I’ll train into T2 hybrids and missiles. Projectiles will be last(unless I do get into lasers, then that will be last)

Alphas cannot use T2 medium and large drones, but they can use T2 smalls, as well as being able to fly faction mediums and larges. Alphas can also fit faction large weapons.

Thanks for the drone advice. I dont think a cruiser+ forum would be useful. Cruiser+ ships are usually used for missions and fleet pvp. I guess players that do fleet pvp in anything above a cruiser should be quite experienced right? Even if they weren’t their alliances can give plenty of help

That website hasn’t been updated in 4 years

Ohok nvmd

In planning to join FW soon. Please recommend any good amarr corps that you know