FW Frigate Hub! Discuss All Things Frigate (and Dessie!) In FW Space

The kids at Red Sky Morning are great, basically the Ammarian U’K. They give fleet content as well as infrastructure for solos or newbies. They have veteran players who care about the youngins in this game, plus eager new pilots ready to fight by your side. GL, and thanks for adding one more to the ranks of the enemy.
o7

Hope to fight you n ur gang soon lol

Nvmd I decided to NOT fight for Amarr. Found a galmil corp but haven’t joined yet. What’s ur corp called?

Hmm now I’m thinking bout joining the minnie militia instead. Galmil doesn’t seem to fit me. Maybe we could fight together in a few days. Do u hv discord?

Pls lemme know ur discord username, it’such better than chatting here. I’ve officially joined minnie fw so we can fly together.

Yeah you’re wrong I can’t add that username.

[Caldari Navy Hookbill, dual webs]

Ballistic Control System II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket

Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-601

I am considering using this fit to roam lowsec solo, what do you guys think of it?

Looks good, however I would get my fitting skills up and try and shove another helpful module in the lowslots. This is a good fit in principle, but my Hookbill fit above is faster, has stronger webs, and is able to fit a longer scram with a downgrade of one of the webs, while only doing about 15% less damage and getting an estimated 6,000 more EHP (including small ancillary). It is a little short on PG, but I think that a fitting rig is a better choice than a lowslot fitting module. Then again, that fit is much more expensive, and your fit is a force to be reckoned with. Try to fit two compact BCUs in the lows to maximize your damage, as a T2 damage rig only gives a 9% bonus to damage. Of course, the best way to figure out what setup works best for you is to fly a bunch of them.

Ok someone help me pls this problem is the most goddamn annoying thing ever. Whenever I try to dplex, I cant do it cos it always shows a bar(either empty or filled) and contested below it. I dont see any timers indicating at all.

It always looks exactly or similar to this. In this case the bar is empty but sometimes it will be filled at different levels.

my corp is in it

Is that a venture? I didn’t think ventures could capture anymore, but I can’t find where this is documented.

Ah yes someone in my corp said tht too. Thanks a lot!

Militia Happenings:
The Minmatar Militia is now Tier 3! Go to Floseswin and Aset and stat O-Plexing today!
(paid for by the Minmatar Militia and this station)

Some kids from there hunted me and tossed me around with interceptors and garmurs and harpies and whatnot for 45 minutes yesterday. I was literally just in my stupid Thrasher. 6.5M ISK. Run them out of their home. I am extremely salty.
o7, safe, fun, and happy flying!

Merlin: “Salt in the Wound”

3 Highs:
150mm Railgun II, 40x Navy Antimatter S

4 Mids:
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Small Shield Extender II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II

3 Lows:
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

3 Rigs:
Small Gravimetric Processor I
Small Core Defence Field Extender I
Small Core Defence Field Extender I

A fleet of two or three of these is a pain in the side of expensive hunters like Inty-Garmur pairs.

KITING RIFTER
So today I made a fit for you guys to try out. Orbit at 16-18km and play with tactical overlay on(very important) so you don’t get slingshotted to death. This thing has no tank so rely on your speed to dodge shots and more importantly, pull range.

[Rifter, Kiting Rifter]
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Type-D Restrained Overdrive Injector
Type-D Restrained Overdrive Injector

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

250mm Light Gallium Cannon

Small Transverse Bulkhead I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

EMP S x240
Fusion S x240

Very cheap so it’s good for beginners. More experienced players should use T2 modules instead.

3 Likes

Where do I know tht fit from? :wink:

BRUH

Overall, nice fit, but needs tank. A Slasher would be a better option for this type of kiter, since its natural speed and agility negates the need for some low slots. I would recommend an MSE MWD Scram Long point fit for fleet tackle, and MWD MSE Web Long point mid setup for solo. Use either Double Gyro or Gyro Nano in the lows and a Polycarbon I, Shield Extender I, and Locus Coordinator I in the lows (EDIT: rigs). If you are really sweaty you can go for the faction long point for extra range. Anything with enough projection will be able to force you off in your Rifter, as they will outdamage you as you slowly chew through their tank. The Slasher can maintain a higher speed, can sustain a higher amount of damage, but suffers from the lack of a 50% falloff bonus. Your choice, but maybe a medium shield extender in place of the web would increase your survivability.

Another edit: Transverse Bulkheads are 100% useless without a damage control, and bring faction ammo. Non-faction ammo is for PvE.

Okay, I am in need of an Astero fit. I recently popped one in my Blaster Merlin while avenging my Thrasher in Aset, and I have been trying to find a decent fit for it since I found out that my attacker only did 86 DPS. I was actually trying to run from the Astero when it showed up unexpectedly on my overview and eventually pointed me. This makes me believe that an Astero might be a very good ship to catch unsuspecting farmers. However, I ended up killing him, even though he had some nice loot and I started at 11 km off.

How do I make a DPS-heavy dual web fit that is competitive with T1 ships? I could only get 2 webs and armor tank to just over 120 dps with augmented Hobs. I don’t have very good drone skills though (no drone specialization or Drones V).
Any help appriciated, thanks!

Get ur drone skills up. You’ll be killing ur dps without 5 drones. Upgrade to faction or T2 drones too. And why dya want dual webs?

I will eventuallly get drones on that character once I get enough skill injections. I am actually saving up SP for Drones V right now. That will open me up to ships like the Tristan, Algos, and Dragoon and let me use my Rupture more effectively. It will also mitigate the cost of my faction drones. This character has drones all the way up, alongside blasters and missiles. He is supposed to be Cal/Gal. My current main (Flara Pediati) is MINMATAR all the way, with a little blaster stuff thrown in too because why not. Yes, drones would have been a better idea, but Comets are sweet, man. I am going to start flying them again soon. As for your comment about double webs…
Have you even seen the rest of my posts???
o7, fly double webs on everything you own, even Punishers. Dual web Slicer might be cool too.

I fly a kiting comet with 150mm rails and antimatter. Gives 7km optimal n 15 falloff. Goes 3km/s cold.

Why would anyone put DOUBLE WEBS ON A PUNISHER?! Point or scram is almost necessary in FW and prop is amsolutely essential. Have seen fits without tackle before but I have never seen a fit without prop.

1 Like

Dual web beam Punishers and Slicers are super fun because they can apply their damage at range, while still being able to track somewhat. Keep off the beacon at 10km and burn slowly away as they fight your webs. However, this strategy is difficult because people generally don’t like entering on Punishers and Slicers, the former being generally taken as bait and the latter generally being taken as an annoying kiter. The reason I would fly double webs is based around speed percentage differential. Take an opponent with AB web that goes 2,000 m/s. If the slicer goes 400 without an AB and 1600 with one, their respective (T2) webbed speed would be 800m/s and 640m/s. The opponent would close the 10km gap at 160m/s, arriving in about 60s. With double webs, the slicer goes only 160m/s, but the opponent goes 40% of 800 or 320 m/s. The opponent would close at 160m/s just as before, but they would be easier to track. The Slicer would do more damage and be more likely to win the fight.
Idk though, never flown one. This is pure theory.

2 Likes