Game breaking bug with the communication tools

23 in local but 47 on grid. yep still broken

CCP broke it

Thank you for contacting the EVE Online Player Experience Team.

I am happy to inform you that the majority of chat issues have been resolved on 2020.11.29 In the meantime please relog if you’re still experiencing issues.

Players who lost ships due to bad local intel caused by the chat outage can visit http://support.eveonline.com and file a ticket under the category Game Play Support -> Reimbursements -> Lost Ships and our GMs will look into it on a case-by-case basis. This is not a guarantee of replacement but rather that investigations will be made. You can find more information here: [COMPLETED] 20201128 - In-Game Chat Issues

Please do not hesitate to come back to me if you have any other issues in the future.

notice the clever use of the word majority. so as long as it only affects you, its okay, its working for others. relogged, still see different numbers in local on all 5 of my accounts relogging does NOT fix this

That explains the lack of response. @CCP_Falcon is still listed as the only community manager.

Who is the representative now?

Seems to be working for me.
My local was stuck for a few days but I noticed names changing now when I jump into system.

I’m curious, I don’t understand how it could be working for some and not others if we’re all supposedly on one server.
I know that the devs have trouble working with unchangeable old coding but if it’s that much of an issue that it affects core gameplay then we have bigger problems than Traglivians.

Thing is it’s affecting more than one system, there are over 200 in the alliance I’m in with the same problem. We had 17 in local and 41 ships tethered and over 30 more docked in guests in one station.

How is that working as intended?

What I do not get is why we don’t have any response from CCP yet? Do they not review the forums?

I’ve filed a bug report already, so I don’t want to replicate that, just be nice to say the are working on it, or if this is a new problem they don’t know about.

:rofl:

Sorry.
I’m sure they’ll get to it eventually. Until then, I’d play another game. What else do you play?
I like Elite Dangerous, Ghost Recon, Mass Effect…
Anyway, comms are important in a game like EVE, I’m sure CCP realise that.
Hang in there and
Fly Crazy
o7

Pretend you’re in a wormhole

Seems that other players in other systems have an unfair advantage, then are they the ones that is using this as an exploit if there local works and ours doesn’t?

It’s blackout 2.0 :joy:

1 Like

Any Update from CCP please ? its been over 24 hours.

Can we get some form gametime back until this is fixed please?

1 Like

lol. I think you might be waiting a while if you’re expecting Falcon to reply to you.

Anyway, local was never meant to be an intel tool, but players have come to rely on it as one for so long that it’s now expected to function as a perfect intel tool. Thus, they probably should make another dev post addressing this widespread and persistent problem.

Im talking about chatting and using local as a communication tool not a intel tool. I cant see whom im talking to is my point.

@CCP_Aurora has replaced falcon. There’s also @CCP_Dopamine

This has been going on for 5 days now. And there has been silence. Local goes out a couple times a month now.

No, it has been going on for ~ 2 weeks.

and local going out is a bad thing? I would think Local Jita, getting blacked out would be a wonderful thing.

Yea. Local is for sure necessary. You want to know who’s with you. This isn’t wormholes with a small number of entrances and exits.