Gank alts and deleting

Becsuse I dont like hs miners thinking they are safe. I dont want to buy tags to boost sec status so I simply make an alpha, DO NOT refer for 1 million sp, kill an pod some guys, delete and go again.

What are you basing this opinion of yours on?

Being able to just generate sp.

CCP does it all the time!

not judging , i just find amusing
like … you have a solo loki kill , you are not the typical garbage noob with strange goals
im puzzled
cant understand even after you explained
well… keep the good work :smiley:

Whether you use the buddy invite or not has no bearing on whether it’s an exploit or not. The goal and the actions you take to achieve it define it as an exploit.

In this case, it likely will be considered an exploit, if you get caught. You probably won’t be banned, but will definitely be warned. While CCP’s enforcement of this policy might be weak right now, the risk to you is still there. You’re supposed to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Now, if you were to do this, but would keep each character after the ganks to use in some different manner, then you’d be in the clear. But the fact that you’re deleting and remaking is what’s against the rules.

Alright then from now on I’ll stop deleting untill i get a final answer

It’s one of many things that are unenforceable since EVE went F2P. Simply make 100 alpha accounts and keep on ganking…

2 Likes

Can easily be enforced, unless you go the full VM + proxy route.

Deleting might be an exploit. Nothing else is.

1 Like

Again, it’s completely unenforceable. All you have to do is create 100 alpha accounts. Once you use one account up by ganking, simply never log in to that account again and fire up the next Alpha account and keep on ganking. No characters are being deleted, so no rule is being broken. And there’s no rule for how many Alpha accounts you can have. CCP opened Pandora’s Box once EVE went F2P…

7 Likes

Deleting and abandoning is the same exact effect in practice. I sincerely doubt that CCP would interpret the two scenarios any differently.

The only way you can guarantee getting away with this is VM, proxy, and avoiding any sort of contact with your primary accounts, which means funding them through individual, off-site PLEX purchases, unless you want to manually grind out the ISK on each character for the skills and gank ships.

I have heard both sides of the argument. I rule in favor of QuakeGod.

4 Likes

So, CCP is going to ban you for abandoning an account now, are they? Just keep on moving those goal posts. CCP has like 17 employees. Do you actually think they are going to sit around checking on hundreds of thousands of accounts and be like “hey, look at this guy, he has a character that is -5.0 sec status and he hasn’t logged in for 2 months. I think we better ban him…”

3 Likes

Arguing on a technicality doesn’t go far in law, and especially not here, when the judge, jury, and executioner makes and enforces its own rules.

Also, CCP has more than 17 employees.

1 Like

Can confirm, I know of a couple of people that recycled negative sec status hisec characters, this was quickly followed by a chat with a GM as to the reason why.

Recycling a character with negative sec status to free up a character slot for a character bazaar purchase is fine.

However, recycling a negative sec status character to create another with the aim of clocking up negative sec status again and thus avoiding the consequences of your actions, that will get you banned.

1 Like

That will indeed get you banned on an Omega account. However, like I was saying, with Alpha accounts there is nothing they can do about it.

1 Like

I once had an account issue which needed some help, halfway it all the GM stopped replying then it took 2 days and suddenly I get a response from different (lead) GM demanding an explanation as to why I had such an ungodly amount of accounts linked to my email address.

Took me a bit of effort to convince him they weren’t used for EULA breaking stuff. I also felt it best to not mention I used more than just that single address.

So apparently they DO look out for people mass creating and using accounts. This was well before f2p though.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if it’s alpha or omega, recycling alts was supposed to be bannable if avoiding consequences like disposable gankers. Real question is did they ever enforce it.

So at the end of the day we are waiting for a response from CCP to say, “even though we went F2P, we still will ban accounts that recycle alts, regardless if they took advantage of the refer a friend program.”

My situation for those who need reminding is: Alpha account, gank character, no refer a friend program. My question is: can I delete that toon, and remake it from scratch to avoid the penalty of low sec status?