Gank alts and deleting

CCP prefers that you petition them through the support system to try to get answers like these. It seems like there is no consensus among the forum dwellers.

Itā€™s already been answered in the thread.

If you recycle alt gankers to avoid the consequences you are risking a ban.

If you want an answer from CCP, send them a ticket.

No. Regardless of Alpha, Omega or referrals if you recycle a character to avoid the penalties of low sec status you run the risk of CCP coming down on you like a ton of bricks.

As per @GM_Lelouch in this post.

1. Alt character recycling. It is considered a violation to recycle alt characters and/or trial accounts to bypass negative consequences. In this case, the consequences being escaped would be the standing hit for performing an unlawful attack in CONCORD protected space.

In order to prevent the space-lawyering that this topic will probably descend into, @CCP_Aurora @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode would it be possible to confirm that, in essence, this is still the case.

In particular whether or not ā€œtrial accountsā€ is considered to cover Alpha status and itā€™s simply outdated nomenclature that should be revised.

4 Likes

Why do you even want to recycle new alts?

1 Like

Hi! This has been debated a lot in the past, and itā€™s been said numerous times that to do so will end poorly. My best advice to people is to not do it, and to file a petition to see if something is illegal before doing it, to prevent any negative consequences from occurring.

10 Likes

The Rite of AshkEnte, quite simply, summons an ISD member. Students of the forum will be aware that it can be performed with a simple incantation, three small bits of wood and 4cc of fedo blood, but no poster worth their implants would dream of doing anything so unimpressive; they know in their hearts that if a ritual doesnā€™t involve cyno candles, lots of exotic dancers, circles drawn around a gate with eight different colours of fireworks and a few corpses strewn around the place then it simply isnā€™t worth contemplating.

:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Itā€™s not essentially bannable but more apt to be unenforceable which is why I never hear of anybody getting banned for it and CCP makes all kinds of empty threats about it.

What the real problem is, lots of content are denied to alpha accounts, but alpha accounts are allowed to shut off the safety to access content. Alpha accounts should not be allowed to shut off the safety in highsec. Itā€™s not a player retainer for a paying customer to get pantsed by freeloaders.

Yeah yeahā€¦ on paper - maybe. But in real world - nobody cares

You seem a bit mad

1 Like

1 Like

kk, so is that just submitting a ticket and see what the response is?

1 Like

Correct.

2 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll do that tomorrow, its about 2 Am here. I was busy scanning down a C17. Lots of amazing stuff in there. First drifter hole I have ever been in and loved every moment.

1 Like

Iā€™ve submitted a ticket already. Iā€™ll let you all know what they say AND VIOLATE THE PLAYER-CCP COMMUNICATION POLICY IN SO DOING :grin:

2 Likes

They only ask players to submit the same questions through the ticket system so that they know exactly whom to put on their watchlist.

1 Like

if you ask the GM if you may share his/her reply on forums, you wont break any rules (assuming you get permission) :wink:

1 Like

yes is bannable but people do it anyways, makes it hard to keep track of some gankers i flag only for them to be deleted.

Watchlist? CCP doesnā€™t know all the email addresses I use to register my accounts under!

Maybe you guys didnā€™t know me half as well as you thought you did after allā€¦
:scream:
(Just kidding - I havenā€™t used my alts for ganking if thatā€™s what anyone is wondering :stuck_out_tongue: )

ā€¦but I like to pretend Iā€™m breaking punishable rules because it makes me feel like a dangerous bad boy :sunglasses:

After, you know what they say about meā€¦

Damn right :muscle:

Constantly walking the lineā€¦ Iā€™ve earned enough of these to wallpaper my houseā€¦
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode Stamp of Toleration

2 Likes

Never mind, CCP ganked the joke. :point_right: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You are out of line, young man!

You canā€™t run a CSM16 campaign effectively if youā€™re banned, though.

Iā€™m getting a feeling of dĆ©jĆ  vuā€¦

Cry, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ! Cry! :crazy_face:

This is why I use a password manager (LastPass) - keeps track of my 354x EVE accounts and their unique 100-character randomized passwords.

1 Like