Gank alts and deleting

I won’t be able to travel to Iceland with my ankle bracelet, and they wouldn’t have enough alcohol to sustain me anyway. Besides, no one’s going to be able to get anything done when I’m slicing apples with my hunting knife and answering phone calls in Russian during the meetings.

3 Likes

Remember that to get an answer that is useful you have to ask the exact right question. If your question is vague the answer you’ll get is generic.

You are still circumventing the security status loss. If you delete a character or make a new account makes little difference. I’m not sure how this isn’t EXTREMELY obvious to anyone.

It’s also super inefficient and stupid to do it this way. You are far more efficient if you use a highly trained -10 gank alt and just learn how to evade the faction police.

2 Likes

Personally I get the feeling that the OP is trolling.

IMO as long as you’re not multi boxing it’s fine. Like it’s OK to make an awox alt (which has the consequence of an awoxing KB), so it should be fine to make an alt. (dunno whether you can use referral though) (also it should be allowed because it’s unenforceable, and forces ppl to use VMs which can lead to multi boxing, which is much more unfair than making alts)

Remind me to watch out for you in fleet :slight_smile:

You’ll only ever find me in wormhole space. Very few things pull me out.

Highsec ganking with throwaway alts being one of those things :slight_smile:

Maybe. Maybe he is just dumb.

1 Like

There are plenty of threads like this - people come to the forums seeking clarity on what is allowed, not realizing that CCP never says “go ahead.” You either get no response, or a “it is bannable” response.

2 Likes

Cmon! I never awoxed before (of course you can never prove it lol), just saying. (If you don’t count that time when I wanted to help Galmil so I made 70 awox alts in Calmil).

I received a response from a GM on these issues

By itself, creating/recreating (with the same name) numerous characters frequently is not a violation of any policy.

I did specifically ask about “for the purpose of recovering security status” or “any other reason” and that was fine - Just make sure you aren’t using these characters for rule-breaking purposes such as rookie griefing. and don’t multibox Alphas or use third party software to run multiple clients simultaneously since that would also be violating the rules. (You can also create as many Alpha accounts as you want - that is acceptable.)

Using your own referral link is fine (eg. for creating Alpha ganking accounts

5 Likes

Now wait two weeks, file a new ticket during a different time of day, and wait to get a contradictory response!

1 Like

Why not a thousand? Or, 10 thousand?

Surely there is a better way to inflict psychological harm on another player. Why don’t you infiltrate his group (assuming he has one) and find out what he does, where he lives, other names he goes by, other identities he might use, and other useful information. Then you can use it to fine tune your hateful action to be more effective.

::edit:: space lives

You know, in the end it is your access to the game that is on the line, so go on. Just don’t come all crying and space lawyering back to the forums when they remove you from the game for circumventing the negative security status penalty.

2 Likes

I’ll have my lawyer call the GM who responded to my ticket to the stand to testify under oath since I specifically asked about circumventing the sec penalty and he said it was fine. But thank you for your legal advice :+1:

2 Likes

Good luck :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Perhaps but assuming the replies are real they’re still not even close to what I expected nor what has been communicated over the years. This is not something a GM can get wrong would he have a bad day or something.

So assuming the questions were worded correctly and the answers given are exactly as Archer posted then, to me at least, that’s quite the revelation.

Pretty much, which is why I’m putting no stock in that response. GMs have provided conflicting responses before.

forbidden or not is still
images