Gank Related Megathread Pt. 2

This is normal, and tells you that you are doing it right.

I am starting to worry that the gankers and criminals of eve are not the bloodthirsty Monsters of old and that you get upset by a little rule change.

you’re the guys that push the boundaries to find out what’s possible, stop being snowflakes, maybe snowflake-ism is rubbing off on you or is catching.

Just play eve like you know it should

2 Likes

I’ve seen that sort of thing in the Why Was I Ganked channel. The irony is that it is actually the ‘poor victims’ who give all the abuse and cussing. It is quite unbelievable just what bad sportsmanship one sees. I’ve lost ships of greater value than most of those ganks, and sometimes in circumstances ( like gate camps ) that were ‘not fair’, yet I have always typed ‘good fight’ after a loss and will always continue to do so.

The thing about ‘good fight’ is that it is signalling to the other person ’ yes…its all fine…this is what the game is all about ', and not being like some brat who hurls the Monopoly board across the room because they landed on a hotel.

3 Likes

Its going to be hard when its impossible though.

EvE should not be about turning options off, it should be about more being added.

Whether it affects criminals, norms, krabs or the rest of us, less choice is not a better EvE.

If this allowed more random AG/G fights then it would be goid, but it will just reduce them further.

1 Like

We do have fight of people coming of of abyssal to look forward to, that might turn into something, it’s going to move some gankers to other areas, just need a fix on the war mechanic now and standing hits in low I think

We must have given the wrong answers. Try to post on topic this time, as in views the OP agrees with.

In other words, having a different point of view and thus getting flagged and silenced.

Yeah, you tell 'em! Where are those bloodthirsty high sec wardeccer’s, can flippers, and NPC Corp friendly firers of old, anyway?

1 Like

I just cant bring myself to say krabbing is good.

Please, do tell. Go on. How should EvE be played?

1 Like

I’m feeling lazy about playing EVE, I still like EVE as much as before, but I have this lazyness creeping in bout playing it

Am I becomming an adult and will quit playing stuff?

Depends, became an adult when I started flpping miner’s cans to support my starving family in Minmattar space, at the tender age of eight, whilst awaiting the prophecies of James 305 , the Space Vampire Princess and the anti christ @Githany_Red

2 Likes

This is normal. Really nothing to worry about.

The feeling to jump back in and be more active might come back. It might not. And that’s okay.

1 Like

No it is not, the bears are multiplying. Get back to work pirate.

I drank the kool-aid.

I can feel that it’s starting to reform me.

We must purge highsec of all pvp.

The thing is…when I actually calculated it all, the changes make very little difference.

The glee over a doubling or tripling of the clone soldier tag prices forgets that each tag actually covers roughly 12 to 15 ganks ( it varies ). So the price rising from 20m to 50m may seem to affect gankers a lot, but that is NOT an increase per gank. In fact one has to divide that 30m ISK increase by the 12 or so ganks it covers…which means it is only an increase of 2.5m ISK per gank. Given that a T2 Catalyst gank currently costs ( including tags and Concord fee ) around 19m ISK…we’re actually talking about no more than a mere 13% increase in the cost of each gank.

Likewise, glee over Alphas not being able to gank overlooks that most gankers with Alpha accounts will also have Omegas they can shift to. Those Omegas can actually be trained to level V skills in DPS that an Alpha cannot skill for. They can also train to level V in skill such as ‘Fast Talk’ that gain security status back faster when it is lost. So people switching from Alphas will simply end up more powerful, and more easily able to make up lost security status by ratting…and thus not needing the clone soldier tags anyway.

As for tethering, it only really affects a handful of gankers who go after bigger haulers. Gankers who cant spend much time warping between highsec systems will simply target highsec systems directly available from nullsec, such as Torrinos…which is on the trade route into Jita.

1 Like

I think your math is wrong. Each tag fixes 0.5 security status, the loss is average 0.2 per illegal aggression. So each tag covers 2.5 ganks. The price increase is significant…

It’s like Vokan said

Forget about buying tags if you gank non stop, CCP’s move on the tether was for forcing gankers to gank very few targets … probably there aren’t tags for everybody if everybody wants to fix status

Who knows, maybe there aren’t enough tags to fix the sec status of all gankers…!!!
I don’t know if we are farming enough tags if people keep fixing status

Also if you gank at 1.0 sec the hit is harder than ganking at 0.5

today there’s only 82 Clone Soldier Negotiator Tag bellow 45 mil ISK

people won’t fix standings even if they wanted to, above 45 mil there’s some more tags but the price gets over 100 mil LOL

People will reanchor stations for instawarp to the gate and do some fleet warp juggling and land on the target anyway

They ganked before tether you know and Aiko does to this day I believe