Ganked in Sec 1.0 - is this normal

Comments like these are why the games going down the drain, not everyone wants to hold hands and mine & mission.

3 Likes

Somebody told me once, “Eve is simply everyone farming NPCs for loot. However, for a large portion of the population, you are the NPC.”

2 Likes

You can get a Gnosis is to carry over 3000m3 and have over 100k EHP. And aligns in like 2 seconds! And requires zero skills to fly. You don’t always have to fly haulers.

2 Likes

Don’t ■■■■ on your fellow player like that. He managed to kill you despite you being in a 1.0, because you thought you’re safe. He’s not a coward, he’s a player waiting for you to seek revenge.Blockquote

Even within the game he is a criminal and hunted by CONCORDE. Yes, as an official ingame criminal he is still a coward for me. It’s like in real life. You can do a bank robbery but than you’re still a criminal with no reason for glorification.

Its like a pickpocket. For a good one the risk is very low. Buts its still stealing. I personally don’t like criminals

I he want a fight with me - he should give me a PM. Then I can decide and perhaps then I’m the coward :wink:

Within the game? Yes.
IRL? You can’t judge people by their ingame activities if those activities are specifically allowed and no rules are broken.

and hunted by CONCORDE.

No, he’s actively hunted by the faction police, Concord ONLY respond when a crime is committed; neither are there to protect anybody, both are there to provide consequence for either a low security status or the commission of a crime.

Yes, as an official ingame criminal he is still a coward for me. It’s like in real life. You can do a bank robbery but than you’re still a criminal with no reason for glorification.

You’re a fool because you decided to do the equivalent of wandering through a city with 3/4 billion isk in a paper bag; worse still you did it in a place where X-ray specs (cargo scanners) are commonly available.

He took advantage of your foolishness, which is completely within the rules of the game, and has no relevance IRL.

Its like a pickpocket. For a good one the risk is very low. Buts its still stealing. I personally don’t like criminals

Stealing ingame !=stealing in real life.

I he want a fight with me - he should give me a PM. Then I can decide and perhaps then I’m the coward

That’s not how Eve works. You consent to PvP when you connect to the server.

Taken from the New Player FAQ

5.3 SOME PLAYER JUST SHOT ME; IS THAT ALLOWED?
In EVE Online, any player may attack any other player if they choose to, no
matter where they happen to be. This is because EVE Online is essentially
a PvP (Player versus Player) game at its core.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY?
No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be
completely avoided. The safest systems are the ‘rookie systems’ where new
players start their journey in EVE. In high-sec systems, you are less likely
to be attacked since CONCORD will exact retribution on pilots who attack
another pilot without good reason. But, for example, if you are flying a ship
with a high value cargo, a player may attack you to destroy the ship and steal anything from the wreck if they think that it’s worth the effort. Such attacks are known as ‘ganking’ and if the profit they’ll make is sufficient, pilots are willing to accept the expense of losing their ship to CONCORD and having their security status lowered for their crimes. So it will be up to a pilot to remain vigilant wherever they may be flying and be ready for anything at any time.

Ganking itself, and Eve crime in general are explicitly allowed.

As in real life, if you’re smart in your habits you reduce your risk of being a victim; unlike in real life the punishment for crime in New Eden is passing in nature, because a prison sentence isn’t good gameplay.

1 Like

EvE is not for you.

How do you come to that conclusion or are you a weather man in real life?

Seeing as you like friends around to shoot anything!

If you’re carrying anything worth 100M+ in an indy, you’re gonna get scanned and blapped. Expect it.
For small items, you should use 1) Interceptor 2) Cloaky or DST 3) shuttle 4) BS with tons of buffer tank.

To say this clear. I speak only about in-game behavior. I dont know this man or woman in real life and he/she could be the best man/woman alive (no joke) - I simply dont know.

Perhaps you’re right and EVE is not the right game for me. I usually like games where there is a line between PVE and PVP.

Perhaps I have 2 possibilities. To quit the game or to become the best ganker :wink:

Eh… there are some passive tank Badger fits that can be put together for ~4m ISK and tank for over 35K EHP. That is enough tank to get something ~150m out from Jita unless you really pissed several people off or are under 'dec.

Pretty amusing when a Tornado lights you up after a cargo scan and they start bitching because they only took a third of the shield with the opening volley. Some of them are so used to T1s being completely ■■■■ fit they don’t bother scanning for fit.

Something you may want to concider before throwing stones. While you were auto piloting around, a fee people, or someone with a few alts were doing the following;

Ship and cargo scanning you somewhere down thee pipe.
Plugging your fit into pyfa to calculate if they cpuld actually kill your ship cost effectively.
Setting up the gank down the pipe.
Actually blowing up your ship.
Scooping the loot with another alt/ship.
Not to mention all the logistics of sourcing, fitting, and placing ships and pilots along the routes. Plus possible security sec repair overhead.

So while you were either auto piloting or clicking jump through next gate, someone with a bunch of alts, or a couple of people, were doing a whole lot of work and organization.

1 Like

Do try the second option first. You may find it enjoyable, or at least a challenge to get it right.

I thought at 1.0 I’m safe.

This is why. I don’t have to make stuff up.

PS: you dislike weather man? Sacrlilage!

In EVE this line does not exist (unless you consider the line between quitting and playing…) Most PVE in EVE revolves about finding a balance between risk and reward, between earning ISK and getting blown up. No activity is perfectly safe, the trick is finding something “safe enough” that you earn a net profit.

I hope you offered your foe a GF in local.

2 Likes

Hi Doc Orange,

No Sir - You are never save in Eve regardless of being in a 1.0 high security system.

Jita - while in Hi Sec space - is kinda of like Chicago or Detroit. Sure there are police everywhere, but they can’t get to you faster than a bullet can hit your brain. Make sense? IE - game mechanics allow for suicide ganking and Jita is ripe with said space culture.

Cheers, and fly safer via being smarter (but sometimes ■■■■ happens and you can’t do much about it)

Lei

It’s not an abuse of mechanics if CCP literally intends it. Never forget this mantra. Never forget that CCP wrote this mantra:

Any time you are playing this game, you are never safe.

Why do you feel the word abuse fits there? CCP created the game to be player-driven… and for us to explore the boundaries of the game and it’s mechanics until they see fit to intervene.

Gankers “abusing”mechanics is no different than the hauler using the cloak MWD trick in his DST.

When leaving station look for ships locking you. If you see any ships locking you, dock. Try later.

Better tank, less cargo risk.

Get a t2 hauler that’s immune to cargo scanners. You still may get shot at by a ganker looking to get lucky. But it should help hauling expensive mods.

Laughs in passive targeter