Gankers in highsec still there?

You will probably be happy to learn that CCP removed insurance for ships that get CONCORDOCKEN

2 Likes

You would learn a lot from reading up on ganking. And how to fit mining barges.

No offense, but you were an easy target.

1 Like

One way to to tell is to see if you earned a kill right against the ganker. They are generated whenever an illegal action is performed in highsec that will get you CONCORDed. If you have one, that means you were not a legal target and the attacker was almost certainly exploded by CONCORD.

While I guess it is theoretically possible they are using an exploit or there was a server glitch, it is much more likely that they were exploded by CONCORD as intended. Given you were podded out of the system before CONCORD arrived, the only way you could know would be to have returned to see if the spawn was there or the attacker’s wreck as kills only appear on zKill if uploaded voluntarily.

If you are still concerned, you could always file a petition and ask CCP nicely to look at the encounter. They can tell you whether you were illegally attacked by a criminal as is most likely, or whether you did something that made you a legal target. As well, in the very remote chance some cheating or exploit was used, they will see it immediately.

And yes OP, there are still gankers in highsec 4 months after your post.

1 Like

Given CCPs patch notes mention fixing an exploit gankers were obviously using to save their ships after a gank… Yeah…

The recent ones? I have no knowledge of that but reading it it doesn’t seem an exploit that could be used to avoid CONCORD. All it would do is allow you to undock with a criminal flag from an Upwell structure and then redock. If you had shot someone, the normal weapons flag would prevent you from redocking before CONCORD arrives.

As far as I can see at best it would allow you to bait/taunt someone, or perhaps in an edge case save a ship if you were trying to hyperdunk on the undock and someone showed up. Certainly, it wouldn’t allow you to save any ship you engaged another with as you couldn’t redock before CONCORD arrived.

Ah, I guess it would allow you to pull CONCORD without losing a ship, especially in an Upwell that doesn’t hand out free rookie ships? Hardly game breaking, but something I can see why CCP wanted to fix.

This is the case. Thank you. CCP assured me that the ganker was destroyed.

1 Like

Have you ever considered fact-checking things before you make statements about them?

1 Like

CCP could make much more money when for each gank the attackers wallet is deducted by 1 Bill isk right away instead of concording him

1 Like

Use an alt’s wallet instead, problem solved.

1 Like

That makes no sense. What if i have no isk because all my ships are provided for me?

Ganking is meant to exist and it is meant to be viable, if it wasn’t CCP could easily code it out entirely or significantly buff their prey’s ships until they’re practically impossible to kill; that said the stupid would still die, albeit with more man hours involved.

It’s also hilariously easy to avoid, even if you don’t have a permit; get good or get out

3 Likes

If you are afraid of gankers, you should join one of the null tutorial groups and you can hide with them on the edge of the galaxy.

4 Likes

I think nobody is “afraid”, just bored. It is considered “harrasment” as long I do not agree to the play style, still have to pay for it with real money and then “against” TOS. CCP does to less against it. Players cancel subscription sooner or later. Not realy my problem :slight_smile:

No it’s not, what you, and others may consider to be harassment is often intended gameplay in Eve.

“against” TOS. CCP does to less against it.

Wardecs, ganking, scamming etc are not against the ToS of Eve, because they’re an integral part of the game, and always have been.

Players cancel subscription sooner or later.

Eve isn’t for everyone, customer churn is expected.

Not realy my problem :slight_smile:

Your problem is that you don’t like the realities of a game like Eve, and everything inherent to its nature; which is fine, you have thousands of titles to choose from that will hold your hand and feed you content.

3 Likes

It is sad Jonah that these players just do not understand the basic premise of eve!

It’s no more harassment than getting shot in an fps or having your base destroyed in an rts. It’s the very essence of the game.

People need to stop using " to pretend they don’t mean exactly what they write. You hating on a minority of people playing this game as they’re allowed to is harrassement and I demand you stop, otherwise I will write tons of forum posts about how everyone but me is at fault for sucking at this game.

4 Likes

83 votes and 53 comments so far on Reddit

Now does that count as a buff to ganking or not? I would say on past form it does not.

2 Likes

And you’d be right. Using the in-game price estimates trades saving a few seconds using evepraisal with the inaccuracy of the in-game tool. It’s more a feature for explorers and loot thiefs, helping prioritizing cans/wrecks.

3 Likes