Ganking and Paying A Gank Fee / Ganking Permit

please don’t say mean things

5 Likes

LMAO… +1 for the last three…

Hey Dryson, you’re getting better. Your post makes no sense, as usual, but at least this time it’s readable and gives everyone here a good laugh, so kudos for that.

It’s amazing how some are even trying to explain to you why your post doesn’t make sense, as if you could understand that… They must be new or something, LOL.

And then I found this gem:

Man, anyone that didn’t know you do exist for real would think nobody can be so… (what word could I insert here?)… and that you have to be a CODE alt posting for their amusement…

Don’t be suspicious of those that disagree with you. In case that ever happens, it’s the ones that agree with you that you should be very suspicious of…

2 Likes

Can you provide a link to a definition of the word “consequence” that says a consequence has to impact someone’s activity in order for it to be considered a consequence, please? Or are you inventing your own definition of the word “consequence” here?

And what do you mean by “impact their activity”? Security status sure does impact their activity, precisely by forcing them to remain docked until the last second and not be able to sit in space like pilots that don’t have low sec status can do…

Are you inventing your own definition of the word “impact” too and pretending it should mean the same as “prevent” maybe?

So the fact that they’ve adapted and learnt to deal with the consequences means the consequences don’t exist?

And to prove your point, you’ve made up your own definitions of words like “consequence” and “impact”, and now expect everybody else to agree they mean what you pretend they mean?

What? The fact that they can do other things in low sec proves that saying they cannot do something in high sec is delusional? Are you drunk? Or are you making up your own definition of what “proof” means too?

5 Likes

You would think that CODE. would like to buy Ganking Permits seeing as how the permit would take five minutes off of the 15 minute aggro timer for each gank.

Unfortunately, Eve doesn’t really cater to good guys vs bad guys in Hisec.
There is more value taking on bad guys outside Hisec, where at least the losses for the ‘bad guys’ have more significance.

Playing the white knight in Hisec against gankers seems to me like a pointless exercise. You are essentially playing against the House. Sure, you will win the odd hand every now and then and feel good about it , but are you getting bang for buck in terms of your satisfaction vs the time and money you are investing as a player?

shes kinda hot dont you think?

1 Like

I do not disagree.

I perceive highsec ganking as a mostly wasted opportunity. CONCORD enforcement tends to limit the size, scale, and value involved in a conflict, and I think this limitation is excellent for new players who have limited wealth and skills. At the same time, the NPC police force is so good that it sets a high bar to jump if you want to make a difference.

Eve does not cater to good guys vs. bad guys in hisec, and I think that’s on us. We don’t want to pay or support people so they can do a job that CONCORD will do for free.

If CONCORD did their jobs, then High Sec gankers would be rounded up and put in prison for life.

Slightly in a kick you in the teeth kinda of perception.

They’re immortal.

If the Gallente militia did its job an conquered the Caldari, then their Empire would be dismantled. If the Sansha or the Drifters did their job and didn’t just give up for no reason eventually, then all the Empires would be destroyed.

But this is a game and thus no one can really win any war, let alone the NPCs. How good a video game would it if the NPCs just permanently killed you and never let you respawn? Or even the other players. They whole point is to build a place for game play to go on, and that includes criminal and anti-criminal gameplay in highsec.

This is completely intended and why the rules are set up as they are. CCP has much simpler and clearer options to reduce or eliminate ganking if there is a problem, although to be honest, any tweaks to criminal gameplay probably are due to go in the other direction.

3 Likes

As others pointed out, that IS a consequence. These characters can’t do anything in highsec besides suicide ganking, unless and until they get their security status back up and get rid of all those killrights on them. Try making a suicide ganking alt, and see how long it takes you to bring it back to the straight and narrow.

Now, it so happens that suicide gankers are perfectly happy not flying big ships in highsec on their ganking alts, but that doesn’t mean there are no consequences. This is as if I were to say that suicide ganking and wardecs have no consequences (guess you’d choke at that one) just based on my main’s experience, as he never goes through highsec.

Now THAT I could get behind.

Suddenly, people with -10 security status can’t dock in highsec stations, and can be podded by CONCORD. And structure owners get an option to remove docking rights based on security status. I’d love that, because it would add granularity to the game, and a ton of people would be able to feel good while making their access lists.

That wouldn’t do what you think it would, though: CODE. and other ganking organizations would just need to put down their own citadels, confident that anti-gankers are just a bunch of whiney anuses who’d rather cry on forums than wardec the structure owners and blast them - have you flown through Uedama recently?

Further note, that as a structure owner, I want to be allowed to let criminals dock if I so choose. It’s no business of CONCORD who I harbor in my structures, besides CONCORD’s mandate is to regulate conflict between capsuleers in highsec, and capsuleers never have conflicts in stations (RIP WIS), so there.

2 Likes

They do. Their job is to punish capsuleer agression, not prevent it. You must have read this on the forums a thousand times before.

o/

2 Likes

Dryson is literally laughed at by other antigankers its so funny.

You have heard of pod traveling? Judy exists for a reason. And , Niarja and other gank hotspots are all close to low sec for other Pvp. Do you know the game?I don’t think so.

That they put up their own structures is the point. With wars you can engage them and this gives wars a reason to be used for more than just jita camping. Personally,I have identified several adult corps of gankers with whom you can have fun if they needed to be used for more than just hiding scared Machariels.

They already have structures

Ask Astefar or whatever his name is how his attempts at killing one went :joy:

Just as stupid as everything else that dribbles from your brain Dryson.

You always seem to mention that CODE are crying or something, but literally all I’ve ever seen happen is people debunking your silly ideas and laughing. Dunno, feels like you’re trying to perpetuate a false narrative here.

Yes I have, and doing it under a criminal timer or with lowsec status is a foolish endeavour.

Judy exists for a reason.

Wat™?

And , Niarja and other gank hotspots are all close to low sec for other Pvp.

Nonetheless, using a pod to get there is both impractical and foolish while under a criminal timer or low sec status My point stands, low security status is indeed a consequence as it prevents gankers from pursuing other activities in the area of space that they operate in.

Do you know the game?I don’t think so

Better than you my friend, by far.

As you are floundering around in a pool of your own stupidity where every comment you make adds more stupid to the pool, some Judy Garland seems appropriate.

~ Edited because I’m a failure at trying to watch the World Cup and post at the same time

3 Likes