Ganking and quitting Part 2

I was in the same situation, with the same mindset and about to just give up and quit after last death mining in a asteroid belt.

Long story story. The guys that ganked me actually took the time to give me solid advice on what EVE really is and advice on what I do/did wrong. They even refunded my loss.

So I decided after the first overly impulsive reaction to actually take that advice in and start playing in accordance to what the game actually provides. It all just clicked and I understood so many aspects of why, what, how etc and truly enjoying this masterpiece of a sandbox MMO.

Maybe the problem is you and the attitude that this is what I’m used to so it should bend to my point of view, instead of “ok that sucked, what can I do differently”.

And to the EVE community. It is hands down one of the best in any game.

Kind regards

8 Likes

I know what it was because I read it in full and engaged with your post – scroll up!

You re-stating what it was, when you know I know what it is full well – doesn’t give me any confidence that my feedback has made it into your brain and that you’re earnestly reflecting on it. It just comes across as “I don’t give a :poop: about your feedback Io Koval, I just want to keep thinking the way I think” which makes me want to talk to you even less and hold you in lower regard.

The account you are posting under has just one single killboard record…from 2012. Will we actually notice if you quit ?

My arguments were about game economy and safety for new and returning players. Your second post was (let me remind you): “It is completely unfair and unsportsmanlike for a gamer to bring their baggage into a game, and then expect other gamers to ask about it and tailor their own gameplay to accommodate that baggage. Everyone has a sob story.”

I shared my opinion that you interpreted your way and, more important, you did it in condescending way. After that you are trying to blame me that I don’t want to have any conversation with you. Would you argue with yourself after what you’ve posted?

Why do you ask questions you already have the answers to?

Yes.

But I got the message, you’re slyly calling me an asshole. That first sly insult about me being illogical was just the beginning. Our last few posts can be summed up as:

You: “I made a mistake thinking my post would interest players to take a look at this problem from a historical perspective.”
Me: “Here is feedback”
You: (ignoring feedback) “My first post is about…”
Me: “You’re ignoring my feedback”
You: “Yeah because who would respond to someone like you?”

Have fun playing whatever games are next on your list.

Thank you. Already started :slight_smile: Good luck to you as well.

Because you asked Aiko if she does ganking…which is the sort of ’ Is the Pope a Catholic ?’ question one would expect from someone who doesn’t log in much.

2 Likes

You are right. That question came up wrong. Somebody else posted a reply that gankers have alt characters that they use for mining. I wanted to ask if ganking is all she does or has alt characters for mining/manufacturing/etc.

You keep making up these strange fantasies in order to blame the state of the game on players.

“Oh no, the PCU is falling, the PCU is falling! It’s the bittervets! No it’s the Permagreens! No no wait it’s the lazy EZmoders! OMG no it’s the anti-PvPers!”

Being a Chicken Little doesn’t make your strange phobias into reality. Here’s a reality check for you:

At any given moment, there’s around 20,000 players in the game. And at that same given moment, there’s a very small number of players complaining about the game in forums or twitter or Reddit. Like, 10. Or less. The same moment… not “this month” or “this week” or “hey I’m conflating every whine thread I’ve ever read into one huge mass of players”.

So at any given time, a couple thousandths of a percent of players are complaining about the game. And somehow you believe this is what’s driving the direction of the game and “ruining” it for everyone?

Here’s some more reality for you: Nearly every “just HTFU and PvP” player who ever EVEd is still out there, playing. They’re just not playing EVE. It’s not because CCP made it impossible to PvP - PvP is still as easy and widespread as ever, just in different ways. You just have to, you know, “adapt”. That thing you “HTFU” types are always on about, but forever whine about when it’s you that needs to do it.

Roughly 9 million players have tried EVE and left. For the most part, they didn’t leave because of ganking, or wardecs, or RMT or bots or carebears or whatever group you want to point your finger at this month and yell “There they are! They’re the ones ruining the game, get them!”.

They left because overall, EVE just isn’t a very attractive game. It’s got a limited appeal to risk-junkies who need to feel they’re always taking a gamble, to schoolyard bullies, to people who like long complicated puzzles, and to people who want to imagine they’re achieving something in a ‘badass’ game setting. And for the 98% of the gaming market who don’t have those particular needs, it’s just not a very compelling experience.

So your “never ending stream” is actually a dull trickle, with no power to influence the game or CCP, typing on a forum that CCP doesn’t even care about. And they’re definitely not changing the game. CCP is changing the game to try to make more money off it. And players are leaving the game because the offered experience isn’t of much value to them.

In the future, instead of making up weird comparisons between complaining about EVE and banging your wife’s sister, you should probably think about focusing on who’s actually responsible for the game (hint: it’s CCP) and what they should be doing to make the game a more engaging and interesting experience.

Or else just ‘adapt’ to the situation that the game is not-so-slowly going to erode into maintenance mode because CCP can’t figure out what to do with it other than “find more ways to monetize it before everyone gives up and leaves”.

It’s so strange to see that people can’t even post anything without some sort of an insult or “I know-it-all” comment. Please treat people the way you want to be treated. If you want to receive my reply then remove sarcasm and insults (even if you addressed them to another person). Unless, of course, it was your intention all along. In this case no need to do anything.

Roflmao. Every single statement in this is incorrect. Why you are even still here? We don’t want you there either, especially not on forums, there are enough persistent trolls spamming this crap daily already.

Unless you are “his highness” that speaks in third person, using “we” is inappropriate without referencing more that one (i.e. you) person.

Why people think others care? WHY?

Just stfo and leave bro, at least make a joke about it.

The only thing I learned is, I’m lucky for being old, teachers nowadays are as stupid as their students.

1 Like

“We, whom responded to your rant and announcement of you quitting.”

Better now?

Or did someone actually shown any sympathy to your hurtful announcement of quitting? Maybe I missed it…

Nah. It’s yet just another form of PVP.

1 Like

Everything not illegal, is a resource to be used.

1 Like

And you keep creating a straw man version of my argument because you’d rather argue with that, than my actual position.

• As I said before, my last video on my channel was and still is me complaining about monetization.
  • My second to last thread was me complaining about photon (my last one was about suicide).
  • And I honestly believe that one of the biggest problems facing Eve today is that the devs are compromising on their values for monetary reasons -which is something that I alluded to in the very post that you quoted.

So no, I do not, nor have I ever blamed the state of the game entirely on players, bitter vet or otherwise. And you know this. Hell, I do not even give them most of the blame.

I will, however, blame players for the things that they do deserve blame for.

Could you please quote where I “ranted” or announced that I am quitting? Only in one reply I said I quit and it was an individual reply and not in the topic. With all that said, I really don’t care about “i” or “we” part in your posts. I expressed my opinion and wanted to have a feedback from other players. But it seems my post just attracted rookies and kids with a superiority complex. Nobody forces you to agree with my posts.

Lol what a self centered post. So even if like 50 other players specifically told you that:

• you are completely wrong at your premise
  • you have no proofs to support your premise and you don’t even know why your former friends left you just assume why because that is why you left yourself
  • you are biased and you live(d) in a social bubble which just isn’t reflective sample to support your premise
  • we really don’t care if you leave, we won’t even notice
  • you don’t even know what are you talking about - here and now you claim things that are absolutely incorrect like “ganking having no conseuqences”

You are still full of yourself fanatically indomitable in your belief trying to act moral and righteous telling ppls that that is not the way to talk to you (yeah we aren’t nice to you, but you deserved it) as you have higher standard and other craps as with each reply on actual topic you are drowning lower and lower with your ignorance of this game. I mean, you just came back from loooong slumber and you instanly jump to conclusions without knowing how the (new) mechanics even works and what happened during EVE development. How long did you actually played since your return?
Again, every single statement of yours on the state of this game was just flat out wrong at least from my perspective as a player who started playing in 2016. Price of plex is almost same, price of most ships is lower than it used to be especially mining ships and guess why that is - because miners are not losing their ships as often as they were before.

Btw you edited your original post - which itself is childish af - so it is hard to disprove you “didn’t rant”. As far as I remember it was a critique of a ganking, developers to support it, claims that ppls are leaving due to that and that was it. If this is correct summary then yes, what you wrote was a typical rant as as such should have been locked by ISD immediately (but they don’t do it when the topic revolved around ganking for some reason).

Can we just end this charade? At this point I don’t belive you even your statement about you being a teacher IRL.

And btw, I don’t expect you to answer any of my sentences with questionmark. They are rhetorical. I say that specifically, because you forum trolls have problems figuring that it seems and it would just make you spout another nonsense which would then persuaded someone else to correct you or mock you till the point this thread is getting 20+ replies each day that are completely off topic of the original post.

1 Like