Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

We should be arsed to read a post complaining about vocabulary by someone who clearly cannot spell ridiculous or differentiate between “spy’s” and “spies”?

2 Likes

You are right. It is clearly spelled “spays”

2 Likes

And what do you call them when they’re with you for a long time? … Old Spice.

3 Likes

lol seriously?

2 Likes

Yeah, there was even a second thread Anti-Ganking Ambush On CODE - The Bug Zapper - The Big Kill Count

The mentioned corp that wardeced him is a one man corp of my scout alt cough main cough, so it would have been easy for him to invite some of his ag friends to the fun. But he rather ran away and remains in an NPC corp since that day.

3 Likes

ganking is baiting when the logis didn’t catch in time.

The word “gank” is like catnip to millenials and generation z’ers, convincing them not to use it would be like trying to get them to stop eating avocado toast and vote, technically possible, but highly unlikely.

It is semantic, but accurate, that suicide ganking and ganking be addressed with different terms, as they involve distinct different mechanics.

If it makes things more convenient, we could agree to refer to suicide ganking as “Sganking”, “Sanking” or some such thing so we dont have to spell out suicide everytime.

On a personal level, after watching Sganker responses and threads for years, I think they deliberately want to ambiguate suicide ganking with ganking, as a misdirection in topic so suicide ganking doesnt get singled out for discussion.

1 Like

I think the abbreviation “AG” is adequate.

1 Like

He does that all the time, including suggesting new players to use gank magnets as mining ships and smartbombs in highsec, right here on the forums. I am beginning to wonder if it’s enough to get him banned for good, because there can not be any doubt that he has malicious intent.

1 Like

Good Idea. Also we should refer to your ■■■■ posting as “Sposting” or “Sosting” which would be really convenient.

3 Likes

If ganking means losing ship to CONCORD, I think all gankers should be called losers. :smirk:

3 Likes

I think the term was “Salvoshing”, which iirc, you and your ilk coined, largely in an attempt to misdirect blame onto little ole me rather than yourselves.

Suicide ganking, and ganking, are two different things involving different mechanics.

That is a fact, both pragmatic and semantic.
Deal with it.

1 Like

Yeh, no. Thats just pvp in eve.
Ganking is specificallyt refering to suiciding to concord in highsec, to kill people.
Anything else is just pvp. Simple as that.

We dont gank people in wormholes, we just pvp.

You consent when you undock, so theres no “PvP without consent” in eve.

Sorry, but the term ganking is used all over the place. What you say does not reflect reality merely your opinion.

1 Like

People used also different terms to distinguish how you kill:
Rapid killing (using alpha) - blapping
Blapping someone in high sec and CONCORD blaps you - ganking

1 Like

Ganking is when you engage a target with superior numbers. This happens throughout EVE.

Suicide ganking is when you illegally engage a target in HS, with superior numbers (as results in suicide by CONCORD).

Its that simple.

The exact etymological root of the term “ganking” is unclear, but speculated to have first occurred in WC3 multiplay or the Dota mod derived from it.

Probably it is a contraction/bastardization of “gang-kill”.

Ie: The act of ganging up to kill a specific target.

1 Like

Spanking please
Then we’ll have agreed on one thing :joy:

1 Like

Call suicide ganking whatever you want, as long as its distinct from ganking, which it is on a mechanical and semantic level.

Ganking and suicide ganking are not the same thing.

1 Like