Ganking, or rather the Right to Gank

Many people do not understand the strategic implications of freighter bumping and the way it adds on top of other advantages. When you have a mechanic that enables you to pick the time and place of your attack with total immunity from reaction it is by it’s nature too strong for effective opposition.

The advantages are pretty easy to understand, bumping itself is something that we use in other areas of space and is a method to stop people getting safe in areas of space where the person being bumped can use force to defend themselves, so in affect it is a tactical tool in those areas of space . However in terms of Hisec ganking it is a strategic tool and is used that way and why not.

If you have been in a situation where you have a fleet of people ready to rep and you have six freighters being bumped and the gankers in small fast mobile ships able to pick which one to hit you are already in a lose situation.

Being able to stack up multiple possible targets with impunity and being to keep them there for as long as they want is a huge strategic advantage. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a blithering idiot…

I suggested a module that fits in the lows, it removes the cap at which your cannot warp because you are going too fast, it also open ends the max speed of the ship, so continuous bumps means that it goes faster and faster. Of course you have to have something to warp to be able to warp out, be it a bookmark or a fleet mate, but it adds a chance to get out more than the bumper getting lazy.

For a long time I wanted to find something that would not harm bumping in other areas and this suggestion does it. I am now going to raise it in Features and ideas to see whether CCP will do a HIC on it…

The other strategic advantages of the use of NPC stations is to force fights around bases, be it their own or those which allow them access and no I do not require it to default to exclude -10’s on player owned structures. If this was to happen, that Fortizar in Uedama is going to go down and all the structures that allow gankers to dock in Niarja too. I though you liked content, or do you?

And this loot scooping through DST’s is just lame, because it removes a key vulnerability for counter play.

So the gankers will continue to gloat over their easy play and massive strategic advantages, and I will continue to point out that when there is a more level playing field that smile will be wiped off of their faces which is why the gankers will attack anyone personally that threatens their easy play advantage.

TLDR: Bumping offers too much of a strategic advantage for freighter gankers, a module that enables the freighter to warp at any speed and which builds up the speed from bumping to put a cap on what is physically possible would add more counter play