Ganking really getting out of hand

Can you stop trolling and derailing my thread? As a concerned EVE citizen I’m trying to get some attention for a serious EVE issue.

If you are unhappy with the forum moderation you can email communityteam@ccpgames.com; that way the forum community doesn’t have to get bored with your comments, and one dedicated CCP employee can quickly do an appropriate shift+delete.

2 Likes

I will say this much, you definitely live up to your name.

The only troll action I see here is this thread you posted, obviously the intention is to incite a negative response, especially with your statement that CCP may have an ulterior motive pertaining to chat channels.

As per your recommendation, I will definitely contact Customer Support about it.

1 Like

Loosen up DMC
Life’s too short to get butthurt about pixels and spaceships :wink:

That’s too much already. It’s another insult you’re making.

Clearly, you’ve missed DrysonBenning’s “You should be banned from the forums” comment.

The OP was clearly meant to be humorous. CCP’s devs are obviously involved in the fate of the chat system, because it’s their software. DrysonBenning then used it to cause trouble, because that’s what young men do, and the only people who don’t know he’s a trouble maker is you and perhaps DrysonBenning’s mother. He isn’t the weak boy you think he is. He keeps making his threads as if he owned the forum and simply doesn’t care. He’ll be touched and amused by the defense you’re trying to mount here for him.

2 Likes

Dude, get it through your head. I don’t care about Dryson Bennington or the topics he has posted and I’m definitely not white knighting for him.

Also the OP is clearly not a humorous thread, especially since he stated:

Furthermore I don’t know why you’re deliberately trying to goad me into a forum flame war but hey, if that floats your boat then so be it. In fact you’ve turned this into a personal attack now by continuing to harass me about it. I suggest you back off.

Yes, of course you do and the funny thing is he is tougher than you.

Heh, wishful thinking.

1 Like

Dude, you are delusional. You came in this thread to ■■■■ it up with your buddy Dryson. Feel free to leave & stop posting any time you want.

1 Like

Is highsec so dried up or are carebears suddenly so hardened that it needs bait threads to talk about ganking?

I’d rather see some authentic rage tbh.

Or what!?

2 Likes

Yes, it is that dried up.

I came to the conclusion that hisec will just die in terms of number of people operating there and that is happening. I find it rather amusing actually.

Why would anyone bother, you cannot do anything meaningful to them, in any case it is goddamn awful gameplay, so why bother. Just let them die of boredom, you can see it happening now.

In fact bait posts like this is all they have left to say hi world look at me, I am here o7, but no one is really listening…

PS When I linked the Ganked Zkill I was indicating that this was just a cry for attention, in other words look at me I am good at this game, when in fact they use naff mechanics to feel good about themselves, and inside they really do realise just how hollow it really is.

Wow, DMC is the new Salvos or what?

3 Likes

Is that a bad thing ?

Unfortunately there is no similarity between the Salvos (or Sallies) and Salvos.

Schizophrenia is not equal to having multiple personalities. People who suffer from multiple personalities are incapable of being aware of what the “split off” part is doing. Someone who is suffering from multiple personalities is not going to multibox like a King.

Schizophrenia is … interesting. It is fragmentation of ones personality and an interesting … let’s call it malfunction … of the brain’s ability to focus on something. The problem schizophrenics have usually is not what is going on, but the fact that they have no control over it. Unlike, for example, Actors who can use the brain’s ability to … uhm … schizophrenice … for their work. I made that word up, but it works. : - )

Schizophrenia is not the same as suffering from multiple personalities.

Really bad cases, who require medication, sit around for hours, staring into the nothing, while being stuck in the fantasy of their own minds without them even realizing. Talked to quite a few EVE players who have it in various degrees, including one guy who has it so bad, he has to watch out not to get stuck in fantasy-land while playing EVE. Imagination is really troublesome for him, because he can get literally lost.

It is an ability of the brain, which helps Actors and with problem solving. Requires training, of course.

Lots of people on the forums, here and probably many others, should actually let themselves be tested for symptoms of mild schizophrenia, simply based on their behaviour around here. They seem to be stuck in “online reality” and disconnect from things that are normal when it comes to “personal communication”.

Like, for example, it appears that the lack of a human face (which is replaced by a screen and text) causes people to dissociate with the fact that there are other human beings around and their behaviour shifts accordingly. The brain is trying to fill the holes, basically, with rather bad results, because most people are absolutely unaware of what is going on. They just think they behave normally, and they are literally all wrong about it.

I could name names, but that would not be okay.

I can say, though, that from my observations most of the whiny princesses out there definitely suffer from some form of schizophrenia. Their real lives must be pretty bad. They “escape” (like, you know, escapists do) into a virtual reality, believing it is real because “it affects my feelings, therefore it is real”, calling gankers sociopaths, evil people etc etc. That does not mean they sit around for hours, staring into the abyss. No, it just means a certain disconnection from themselves due to real life factors like being raised overly protected.

These people miss a heavy dose of painfull reality …
(because physical pain slams people back into it… hello, lizard part of the brain!)
… which apparently is nothing they ever really experience.

Go figure. vOv

Someone who is suffering from multiple personalities is different. That person has “split” certain personality traits, feelings, memories and behaviours associated with really bad experiences. The brain filtered them out from conscious experience, but - as it always does - saved it all. People who believe that “swallowing bad feelings” is a good way of coping with problems tend to go schizophrenic, and if the bad experiences are really bad and persist, they eventually split it off.

Please try to avoid making this mistake again.

1 Like

WORDS, MAN! SO MANY FORUM WORDS!
THEY GONNA WORD YOU SO HARD, MAN, SERIOUSLY, JUST BACK OFF ALREADY!

I HAVE ALL MY WORDS READY TO FIGHT AGAINST YOU!

WORDS!!!

All I wrote about is the word “we”. I don’t actually care about what schizophrenic kings call themselves.

Just curious, are you sitting at your window again and doing the thing you said you like doing?

No, I am sitting at my office not doing anything productive. I could … but … I don’t want to … and … I can “not want to”, so it’s a-okay. :blush:

Anyhow, yeah, sure, I took that way too seriously … but I believe it is important that people do not make the mistake of mixing schizophrenia with multiple personality disorders. Also … I have not drunken strong coffee in a week and here it sits … right there *points*, the glass now empty of all the wonders it contained.

I still have not learned to work with the slight hyperactivity, mostly because I enjoy it compared to my usual extremely calm self. :slight_smile:

Sure, I am off topic, but it is not like there is anything new here to be said; the base of the whole thread is a complete fabrication; most people who talk about it have no actual experience in it; it is just a lighting rod for all those who need to get rid of “steam”; etc. etc.

You know what’s really wrong with ganking?
The fact that it is still not mainstreamed game play.

2 Likes

Closing this due to the sheer amount of spam flags its generating.

Don’t create garbage threads please.

3 Likes