Got ganked for the first time

I have been playing Eve for several years now, but today a got ganked by a player in a Talos in 0.5 security when I was mining in a Mackinaw. Even my pod was killed and I lost all my implants . It happened to fast I could not react I was frantically trying to save my pod. . I dont think that Concord interfered . Quite an experience to make.

If your ganker is not an ars about it, he should tell you some times on how to prevent it the next timeā€¦ Well just dont AFK. I know you can blink your eyes and BAM, youā€™re in station.

The Mackinaw would have melted quickly with that fit - basically a negative tank with the cargo rigs/mods.

What I find interesting is the kill was in highsec, you arenā€™t at war and there is no evidence on zKillboard that CONCORD was involved. Thatā€™s an unusual combination! Did you have a suspect timer or otherwise setup a legal limited engagement?

1 Like

No, here is the report >> I did no offense and that is what puzzles me

2019.01.12 12:48:29

Victim: Mahindra
Corp: Aquilonia Enterprises
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Mackinaw
System: Anjedin
Security: 0,5
Damage Taken: 8145

Involved parties:

Name: GoddessOfPeace Ishikela (laid the final blow)
Security: -5,90
Corp: Dynamic Integrated Solutions
Alliance: Domain Research and Mining Inst.
Faction: None
Ship: Talos
Weapon: Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I
Damage Done: 8145

Destroyed items:

Hemorphite Mining Crystal II, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Luminous Kernite, Qty: 8344 (Other)
Expanded Cargohold II
Modulated Strip Miner II
Cap Recharger I
Cap Recharger I
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Modulated Strip Miner II
Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Kernite Mining Crystal II
Mining Drone I (Drone Bay)
Omber Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Pyroxeres Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Viscous Pyroxeres, Qty: 27058 (Other)
Jaspet Mining Crystal II, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Medium Shield Booster I
Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Scordite Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Cap Recharger I
Kernite Mining Crystal II
Fiery Kernite, Qty: 9208 (Other)
Veldspar Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Expanded Cargohold II
Mining Drone I, Qty: 3 (Drone Bay)
Omber Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Pyroxeres Mining Crystal II (Cargo)
Scordite Mining Crystal II, Qty: 2 (Cargo)

And the pod wasw killed too >
2019.01.12 12:48:41

Victim: Mahindra
Corp: Aquilonia Enterprises
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Anjedin
Security: 0,5
Damage Taken: 460

Involved parties:

Name: GoddessOfPeace Ishikela (laid the final blow)
Security: -6,50
Corp: Dynamic Integrated Solutions
Alliance: Domain Research and Mining Inst.
Faction: None
Ship: Talos
Weapon: Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I
Damage Done: 460

Destroyed items:

Cybernetic Subprocessor - Standard (Implant)
Social Adaptation Chip - Standard (Implant)
Inherent Implants ā€˜Highwallā€™ Mining MX-1003 (Implant)
Memory Augmentation - Standard (Implant)
Neural Boost - Standard (Implant)
Mid-grade Slave Alpha (Implant)
Eifyr and Co. ā€˜Rogueā€™ Warp Drive Speed WS-605 (Implant)

zKillboard shows no CONCORD activity after your loss https://zkillboard.com/system/30001647/

That shouldnā€™t happen in highsec unless you setup a limited engagement or are at war. I suspect there is a reason - CONCORD are pretty reliable, but I am curious to find out what it is!

1 Like

As far as I know CONCORDOKKEN killmails only show up on zkill if a player gets on the killmail or if the CONCORDED player is either subscribed to zkill (auto submit) or manually submits the km. :bulb:

5 Likes

Were you jetcan mining? Did you accept a duel?

The ganker could have manually uploaded the kills ā€¦ (and his loss wouldnā€™t show). But he doesnā€™t look like a ganker, so I also suspect some legal way ā€¦

Yes I was referring to the ganker and why his lossmail / killmail not showing up even if CONCORD reacted.

They have a few recent kills that look like ganks, living in lowsec itā€™s easy to get bored and jump into highsec for a quick gank. All their lowsec kills are t2/t3 cruisers, Iā€™d say thereā€™s a reason they are using a talos/catalyst in highsec.

Ganks are fast they only have 10-20sec before concord shows up. When you are going down you should be able to spam warp when your ship is close to dead and your pod should instawarp before anyone can lock it.

Thank you, Iā€™m also interested what happend. I was not AFK but distracted for a minute. I did not see him enter the system and I did not watch local. (actually I did not think that was necessary in high-sec.) I wonder why there was no CONCORD interference. We are not at war and I was not flagged for any offense. I might adress CCP on that matter.

It is always necessary to watch local, and despite no Concord interference showing up on your assailantā€™s killboard, i am certain your assailant was killed.

As Uriel the Flame mentioned Concord kills do not always show up on zkill. Iā€™ve never registered on zkill. The majority of the characters Iā€™ve ganked apparently have not either, as those kills never show on zkill, either.

So, I know for a fact, you can gank and be Concorded and it never shows on zkill.

If you wish for proof, email me in game and Iā€™ll send you killmails, the gank kill, and the corresponding Concord loss, and you can check them against zkill, and see for yourself neither are recorded on zkill.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will mail you ingame. The loss of the ship is not a mayor problem for me, just a nuisance. I just wondered if there was a Concord reaction. I once accidentially fired at a container that belonged to onother player and Concord took me out of the game instantly.

OP, may I ask the purpose of the cargo rig and expander? I thought ore now goes only into an unexpandable ore hold rather than cargohold? Doesnā€™t seem you were carrying a bunch of mining crystals or a fit-switching depotā€¦what am I missing?

1 Like

He was a ganker, Its obvious by looking at his Sec Status, which is -4.99. So you were ganked, and he almost definately died after you were podded, but you werent there to see it, for obvious reasons.

Mackinaws are very juicy targets, because even a fully tanked mackinaw, which most people do not do, can be taken down by 2-3 people at most. If you are flying in hisec, i would suggest flying a Skiff, and tank it up.

From your assailantā€™s zkillboard heā€™s most likely a Lowsec pirate that sometimes venture into highsec for whatever reason. Youā€™re not the only gank heā€™s done in the past week or two; I also see a Hulk on his KB but no concord on that kill either so I think the assumption that he is uploading his kill mails manually is spot on.

Iā€™m playing EVE since 2008. That was of course an old fitting from earlier times. I just could not decide to remove the cargo-rigs since they would have been destroyed. If course they are no more necessary since the ship has a large ore-hold. If course will fit the ā€œreplacementā€ according to newer standards. Here is my new fitting >> suggestions are appreciated.
[Mackinaw]
low:
Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Mining Laser Upgrade II
mid:
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Upgraded Explosive Deflection Amplifier I
EM Ward Amplifier II
high:
Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II
rigs:
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Go for a skiff. Thatā€™s the only recommendation you really need to follow right now.

Thank you. I also have several Skiffs. I will indeed use them in lower security.