Graphics card prices are falling \o/ Also, watch out for scams!

Well, graphics card prices are dropping. I’m going to hold out though. I’m itching for a new card, but I’m still not too thrilled about prices. I remember when a mid range card cost 150 bucks. And they were still in the 200-250 dollar price range 5 or 6 years ago. Ugh.

Anyway, I also want to warn you guys to watch out for scams. Scammers on wish.com are selling misbranded/counterfeit cards (which is like contracts/trades in which the scammer tries to pass one a cheaper item off as a more expensive one), and some guy on amazon is doing surprise boxes.

Huh. I wonder if playing Eve Online makes people less susceptible to real life scams.

Regardless, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I am planning on replacing the desktop’s GPU with the tax refund I got.

As to whether EVE Online makes buyers more gullible in real life, I certainly hope not for my sake!

Just to clarify, I meant the inverse -that exposure to scams in Eve would make people less likely to fall for scams in RL (i.e. knowledge of scams teaches them the warning signs, and getting burnt by a scam, even in a video game, would make them more cautious moving forward).

But I dunno. Just speculating.

Anyway, yay for new grafux kard \o/ Hope to follow suit within a couple of months.

1 Like

There are suppliers ( such as Mesh in the UK ) who will fit an entire PC to your specific customised spec and deliver it. It’s amazing the sort of top end setup you can get…often for less than you can get through a traditional PC store. I’d never ever buy anything PC related off Amazon.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.