Grim present, dark future

It is clear that there is a lack of understanding of the processes.

I didn’t want to touch on politics / economics in depth, this is an area with a huge amount of information, but it will be useful for everyone who reads.

The problem is not that the energy will run out at once, this does not threaten Europe. The problem is much bigger.
The well-being of Europe is built on high-tech production. Cheap resources are bought, processing is carried out, an expensive product is sold. Profits are received by everyone in the chain of production.
Now let’s make a small change, the initial resources have risen in price several times, which means that in order to obtain the same profit, it is necessary to increase the prices for the final product. But at the new prices it may not be bought. This means that we cut costs, reduce the salaries of enterprises, or generally transfer production to another region (do you remember the movement of capital to Asia in the 20th century?).
In such a situation, the standard of living will inevitably decline.

Joseph Borrell:
“Our well-being was based on cheap energy from Russia. It is obvious that today we must look for sources of energy within Europe, as far as possible, and not change one dependence for another.”

• An American needle is 4 times more expensive (it’s hard to say how many times cheaper it was from Russia, 8-10 times (on the TTF exchange) such an increase in price is a completely rational reason for pessimism).
    Macron:
    “Paying 4 times more for gas than your own companies is hardly a friendship”

It was fun to read about alternative energy.
The presence of nuclear / hydropower / thermal (good old-fashioned combustion of combustible materials) gives the system a margin of safety. But to cover each “green source” you need a backup “not green” (for example, in Germany, half of the energy is “green”). at night there is no sun, and in the morning there may be calm and thick clouds. If the content of “non-green” increases (it is impossible to refuse them, otherwise you will periodically experience the same thing as in Texas in February 2021), and hence the final price of energy too.

The presence of the NATO flag does not add money to the account, rather the opposite. I said that the game lost 1/4 of the audience by the analogous period of 2021 and 1/3 by 2020. This means that 1/4 of the players from 2 “non-democratic countries are aggressors” or the problem is complex, which I described above.

Now I get it.

CCP wont accept this guy’s credit card, so he’s upset.

I do not have a universal remedy for fixing everything in the world.
Flying around the EVE universe and having some experience in the game of windows, I notice behind me that thoughts “again cyno” appear, these guys are “not bots” on Ishtar, there is a camp at the gate, etc.
There is no sudden interaction between players, most of the PvP is gates. I see that there are simply no small active teams in the game that you can interact with. This is a potentially huge number of players. Modern mechanics weed it out.

Everything works. In addition to the content in the game.

Some ppl just dont have time to play anymore

Not the world, just EVE. What’s your solution to make EVE “suitable for a larger audience”?

Then Ive no idea why you are bringing politics into it other than youve some point to make.

I stopped reading when OP tried to blame low PCU on hotdropping.

1 Like

You will have the opportunity to see how, with the churn avalanche, CCP will start releasing weekly updates with drastic changes, and the game will become “what it is not”.
Efforts bring results only when applied in the right amount in the right place and at the right time.
Why wait for a situation when time has passed and measures are not effective. The game changes over time, and if players can’t win with the F1 button, and they have to look for high-risk content with no guarantees that friends will have time to help, then this will only be useful for the game. This will shake up the swamp of EVE.

You see a spike when Alphas are released, but the surge is quickly lost. By 2019 it’s not statistically appreciable.

The answer is simple, give content to more players. Now what I see is stagnation.
Old players leave for various reasons, new ones do not stay.
My solution is to make it easier to navigate the universe. If the player wants to fly to 0, he can achieve this without dying along the way (with the appropriate approach and spending more than 3 hours rolling filaments or searching for WX). PVP awaits him when competing for a reward.
This will give freedom to solo pilots and small groups.
The cyno fix will remove the pressure from the old players (I’ll tell you a secret, they will remain in the game anyway, even if the module simply disappears).

So your solution is basically eliminating like 90% of the PvP encounters in the game?

Okay. You’re entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

Please don’t change your mind. It doesn’t remove, it transfers. Players will not stand at the gates or at the docks for hours, waiting for the target. They will have to actively fly and search, and then all sides will have a choice, fight for a reward or flee. (I have been flying in search of a fight for more than one day, but outside the gates and without cyno, many are simply afraid)

Am I ready for another topic like this?

Guy posts a bible, it takes me 4-5 visits to the thread so I can carefully read it all and cherry pick the rotten parts so I can throw back at him?

Some people have this idea that they deserve to be read… here we go… let me start reading…

More so people who were playing Alpha stopped, because the game sucks when your SP is permanently capped at a few million. That’s why the numbers dwindled to statistical irrelevance. Essentially the decline returned to baseline. Without Alpha we’d probably still have ended up more or less exactly where we are now.

1 Like

Of course, because you’re contrariwise for the sake of it.

You should google “statistical relevance”.

Half the post has nothing to do with the subject, I will resume the OP’s post:

• bla bla
  • blobing against me is bad
  • bla bla
  • change cyno

I do understand, moving can be challenging sometimes, but you don’t have to move… you don’t have to move all the ships or all whatever in that specific day.
You can move slowly or move half the way if it’s a bad day… no one is entitled to get everything they want when they log.

I understand your pain, but there’s no quich fix CCP could do against that.

That kinda felt like a hidden scarcity complaint and we know where that leads to… because we can’t have all minerals we want at our undock now we have to travel and now we just learned how our own blobbings against each other is toxic.

Touché!

I don’t think so.

I think the only thing that could gain audience for EVE is creating a TV series for it, not for the EVE players, but for the big public from Netflix… handle the franchise in the hands of the people who can make something good like The Expanse. Also deleting all threads about EVE on Reddit will help, since redditors are only good for creating bad public relations for EVE.

1 Like

Blah blah… lots of facts… blah blah
Talking about the situation in the game without giving specific examples is pointless.

If it is not clear what I wrote earlier, I will say it as simply as possible.
The game has very limited mobility of players. You can’t fly for content without a scout/special fit/map analysis, CB, etc.
Otherwise, you won’t top up.
About moving ships slower/on a different day… what’s wrong with you?
You logged in, you got nothing, just a choice of what to do. If you want something, you take risks. As is the other side.

My opinion is simple, people come to play the game, if it takes time to get the content, then it’s okay, if you have to spend many times more time preparing for the action than the action itself, then it’s strange. What is the problem with making basic activities available, for example, a flight on a battleship will cost 100kk and not 400kk. This will allow players to interact more often and have more fun playing the game.

About luring players with the help of the series. Good humor, I laughed.
Do you have an example with a doctor who does not say anything? There was a surge of new players, a lot of new accounts, online returned to its previous level in a week.
Funds for PR will be huge, the result will tend to zero.
How do you imagine the audience of Netflix?
After watching the series, they will enter the game and 99% will end up in training.
The game is very specific and not suitable for everyone.
My suggestions to a greater extent will allow the return of players who have already played the game. If you do not have to prepare for hours, and then look for content as much and you can do it alone or with a friend, then this will give a much more effective effect than 10 series.

And yes, blobs do not spoil the game, you just see right away and understand that you are finished playing today. And if this is met by a new player without a supply of ships and money?
The game is mistakenly considered difficult, why study mechanics, develop your skills, if you can win with one button? I don’t care that a lot of people are used to playing from the station. The problem is not that there are bloggers somewhere, the problem is that if you fly to them and set conditions for more than pressing one button, then such people are simply not able to do something.
I have experience flying to various teams.
There are 30 people in the locale, I have 2 marauders in the DED complex. They collect the fleet for about an hour, then they lose several ships and fly away or collect such a fleet that I run away, it makes sense to fight against 20 Cerberus. Why don’t they succeed?
The main fear of supporters of drops and blobs is that they will have to learn how to play again.

1 Like

I have been having absolutely no problems with finding a way to shoot someone or have my ship blown up in a reasonable 1v1 within 5 minutes of logging in, the past 6 months or so. 0 cynos involved, 0 scout alts involved.

Edit: and by the way:

This is how Eve is fundamentally designed: logistics and preparation matter just as much as execution when it comes to PvP. You’re asking for matchmaking instant-gratification by eliminating this, so you’re going to get a lot of resistance proposing such a fundamental change.

2 Likes

Then you don’t know how to read line graphs. :person_shrugging: