Guardian's Gala 2020

Yeah, to me a live event should be lucrative and inclusive, so as to encourage people to play this game versus others.

2 Likes

This eats drones at a crazy rate.

Praxis with rapid lights and a lot of drones can do it.

Looking for a better fit if anyone has any ideas?

I really enjoyed my first attempt at this event, using a Gila. It was tough and the amount of scramming was a bit nerve-wracking, but it was a fun challenge, albeit I lost a stack of drones. The downside that I see, as mentioned in previous comments, is that itā€™s likely too much for newer pilots, which is a shame.

3 Likes

Hello there MalygrisDark, you wont remember but I tried to recruit you several years ago for my new little corp. Nice to see you are still around in New Eden. ^^

Coincidentally I too ran my first GG site (ever) today ā€¦ XD
ā€¦ was a bit nerve-wrecking getting scrammed in a wormhole. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pure missile/gun boat should be better. I did it in a Praxis with Rapid Heavies too, but the way they eat drones, takes away a good part of my DPS. However on the flip side, using your own drones to draw away aggro is a good way to maintain your tank or even escape if the scram is switched to drones.

are there waves of rats, or do they spawn all at once?

They come in waves, but Iā€™m not sure what the triggers are. Maybe time based? All I know is that sometimes new rats will warp in while Iā€™m clearing out a wave, and other times I have to wait for the next wave.

1 Like

o/

Yeah, Iā€™m still around. Still making videos, albeit slowly.

1 Like

I did one, just one, in nullsec with a XLASB Hurricane, but it was really close (every time we say that, the event designer smiles just a bit) overheated everything on the final emcee BS, grinding its structure, hoping the ASB would finish reloading before I ran out of shieldā€¦ finished the reload just in time to claw back out. Nice drop, 18th OPE. I donā€™t expect that will happen often.

For a gunboat, light drones are something useful as a distraction. Putting them out takes some of the dps off for a few seconds while the frigs switch to them. Put them out, pull them back, over and over.

But after the shooting stops ā€¦ going back for loot and salvage?

ā— You have new items available

1 Like

Nope, it is a no go this time. Rats use tactical bookmark to warp on top of you and try to kill your drones. So you have only half of the DPS, cause all you can use are missiles. And since most of rats are small fast sig tanking angel or serpentis frigates, it takes ages to get rid of scrams, not speaking about neut pressure alll that time.
BS are coming close on their own will, so you can scram them. I found out that best ship for blitzing the site is 2 x webifier on HAML Loki. Your web range is ok for cruisers and some frigates, who stay 15-25 km. Prop mode does not mean much there, cause you will be webbed down to like 4-6 m/s most part of the battle. Even with AB turned on you will not be able to dictate range, so close range turret ships will have a problem.

1 Like

Me and a friend did Gala sites together in null sec with 2 Typhoons, 1 setup with Rapid Heavies to kill frigs and 1 fit for full DPS, it was doable in 20 mins. Rerward was mediocre, 1 site dropped Tornado skin and others were all random.

You are wrong. Gila is the best ship for this event site (hs, ls at least). Followed by rs. They heavily focus drones but they actually have problems killing Gilaā€™s medium drones and when they get to their armor, if ever, you swap drones with new ones. And because they aggro drones they donā€™t apply much dps on you which means it is easily tankable by passive Gila.

On the other hand, any ship that depends on drones and doesnā€™t have bonus to their hitpoints is screwed there, light drones are getting oneshoted and I wouldnā€™t even pull out anything larger than those when they give them web and tons of dps in short time.

Share your fit with us please.

No, itā€™s not, too low dps overall, you got to switch drones which takes it even longer to complete, and zkillboard only confirms. Probably pimped up Vindi would be the best ship for it or good fit lvl 4 mission ship with 700+ dps. Especially in HS. So to sum up gila is not the best and not most efficient ship for GG 2020.

how are the sites spread ? one per system ? one per constellation ?

Iā€™ve seen two sites in a single system.

1 Like

In high sec and low sec, I have seen 2 per system before, but I am unsure of the site/constellation ratio. The spawn rate is also a mystery.

ty both, Iā€™ll give it a try after DT if I can find a vindi in my assets.

Or a mach with grappler + web. I guess angels orbit close.

Do they scram ? will it cut my MJD/MWD ?

For missile boats, can a Scorpion Navy Issue do well I wonder.

Cruisers and BS seem to orbit at least 10km away with BS 15km+. Frigs and dessie stay close less than 6km.

Multiple scram including from the BS for each wave. Damp, web and Neut as well but the neut wasnā€™t so bad in high sec at least. Overall, all waves stay within 30km I believe unless they engage your drones.

Will wait for your testing result.