Guardian's Gala 2020

I call it the non-event event it spawns so slowly. I went through an entire constellation last night and not one site available.

2 Likes

This is info from second hand, my friend is doing those sites in Gila. He also tried Rattlensnake and Drake Navy. He is claiming Gila is performing best there and requires least micromanagment. I have no reasons not to believe him. I will send the fit once he came from work. But I believe he is using standard passive fit with either HAM or RLM. This is also assuming a good skills. It donā€™t think Gila can work on Alpha clone for this site very well.

Okay there are two things. First is that you are neglecting various external circumstances that favors Gila: align speed/warp speed and thus roaming potential. The sites unlike EC doesnā€™t respawn in same system at predetermined time, they might have but might not. Flying around dozen of systems in battleship is slow and lowers the efficiency. Price. Gila is much cheaper than Vindi, that makes it safer for ratting even in highsec. I expect that if blingy battleships are the goto ship for the new sites, that gankers will gank there - site has no gate and you can warp onto someone in it, rats also scram and web your target and damage him significantly. Besides this they target drones heavily, you lose them instantly with Battleship (my own experience). My friend says that sometimes he needs to swap drones once per site sometimes not at all with Gila. I have no reason not to believe him, why would he lie to me?

Second, the post I was replying was stating that Gila doesnā€™t roflstomp this site. I might have used wrong wording, maybe the Gila is not the best of the best and absolutely most effective ship for it. But it does perform in this site much better than anything that I and my friends tried so far.

I saw 6 in one lowsec system yesterday. 3 in Iivinen right now.

1 Like

so, they scram, so MWD is pretty bad.
with web+grapler should be alright
tank is on the easy side. Passive machariel handles I think.

loot from one site http://evepraisal.com/a/p9pcy (11M BO)
done this site completely in 13minutes.

reward is Ā±10M from bounties edit: 15M7 from the site.
full salvage in 5 min with drones and warp (had to get the drones) http://evepraisal.com/a/p9ph9

rats orbit at 17 km for small. Ignore them. Shoot the bigger first. trigger is the ds+ sized, and little delay.

1 Like

site 2 :

entered system 13:13:14
last bounty 13:29:12 (00:16:00) 14M
finished salvaging 13:36:00 (0:7:0)
loot http://evepraisal.com/a/p9q01 (15M BO)

basically salvage is a waste of time.

site3 :
entered 14:01:30
last bounty 14:17:09 (00:16:00) 14M5
loot http://evepraisal.com/a/p9qij (23M)

site4 : started after the bounty from the previous, same system
started Ā± 14:20:00
last bounty 14:34:04 (00:14:00) 14M4
loot http://evepraisal.com/a/p9qmv (1M)

site4:
entered 14:39:36
bounty 14:52:48 (00:13:00 ) 15M1
loot http://evepraisal.com/a/p9qsg (18.4M)

3 Likes

Thank you for testing.

So it is best to just work down from biggest ship to smallest? I realised killing the final wave ā€˜Emceeā€™ causes the rest to warp out.

strange, soimetimes I needed to kill all but two or three frigs for the next spawn to appear

priority : RR - BS - BC - CR - bombers
bombers do a LOT of damage. If you have the application, go for them first.

Iā€™m testing the locations. seems like there is one system per constellation that repops. Not sure, testing.

grappler + web is not enough for small. also they are very far. With RF fusion they go fast.
rats are weak to explosive. I guess damage is mostly explosive, and thermal. with EM from nades ?

ok the grappler is mostly useless. only good vs DD. ormaybe itā€™s the web that is uselesā€¦ I guess grappler + TC would be better

Donā€™t deploy drones if anything is on grid but the battleships. Use mediums drones or light drone on the battleships, but return them when the target ā€œyellow boxesā€ you. I use Rapid Heavy missiles, with t1 ammo, so i donā€™t have to switch between rage or precision. This is a cheap fit, but effective, although I might use something different later. Throw down your MTU and salvage while killing stuff.

Ship

Raven

Rigs

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

High

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Salvager II

Medium

Shield Boost Amplifier II
Target Painter II
X-Large Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Cap Battery II

Low

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Drones

Vespa II
Vespa II
Vespa II
Vespa II
Vespa II

Cargo

Mobile Tractor Unit
Scourge Heavy Missile 10000

1 Like

4 last sites :
58M bounty, 57M BO (total 115M), 100mn.
=> 69 M/h in chill and test mode. also ignoring the sites that I did not complete because there was people in them.

I managed to do one in nullsec with a passive shield regen Drake with T2 Heavy Assault Missiles. It took more than 30 mins however. The Angel Cartel ships used neuts that managed to shut down my hardeners for a while, but you can counter that with fitting a nosferatu mod to the utility high slot. The damage was manageable before the boss battleship spawned, then it was hard but I killed the BS before they could kill my Drake.

I know itā€™s not ideal but how badly gimped is a heavily Amarr focused build for these? I have an alt that is totally focused on Amarr, lasers, armorā€¦she currently has a Harbinger Navy Issue that I swap between pulse and beams (beams usually puts drones out of range though). Itā€™s hilariously OP for L3 and most L4 missions even if they arenā€™t EM/Therm weak. How do these compare?

Sounds like my experience - didnā€™t know what to expect and got immediately scrammed and neuted (which ate my cap faster than I expected). Sentries were able to take out enough ewar so I could MJD out to distance where I could hightail out. My sentries are probably being scrapped for parts by the rats at this point.

1 Like

[Gila, Gitty V]
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

10MN Afterburner II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Large Shield Extender II
Pithum C-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Caldari Navy Vespa x10

Scourge Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x3136
Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x2312

made a few more sitesā€¦ 9 precisely.

loot http://evepraisal.com/a/p9tbw (133M BO)

total bounty : 107M
OPE value : 93M
duration : 2.5 hours
cost : 6200 rf fusion L and 2200 hail L. evaluated 8M2.
=> 77 M/h.

on the 9 sites there was 3 only which I was able to complete without an intruder (sometimes the intruder was meā€¦ well most of the time).I still got the commander and its loot every time.

average OPE value is 10.3M, that means if you can snatch the commander itā€™s average 15M .
I donā€™t take other loot into account, it will be dirt cheap soon so forget them.

I think the vindi would be much better. I was only ā€œdifficultā€ once, when I had like 10 DD neuting me and I kept killing only the ds+ so in the end the commander landed with like 20 other rats, which did hurt a bit. I was still 25% cap and 75% shield though when it died.

I got several sites in several systems in the same constellation, so the spawn is not limited to one per constellation.

Of course, Iā€™m dual boxing, but I LOVE my Ikitursas. I do between 597 and 1944 damage (per ship) depending on spool, have about a 565 EHP/s active rep, 6 second align, 5.6 AU/s warp speed, can hit out to 20.6km (which allows me to hit about 90% of the rats without needing to move), two webs (total) for webbing down frigs, and enough cap that Iā€™ve never been neuted out. I wreck sites, and can travel around looking for the next one rather quickly.

I might add a faction web to help me web stuff sooner, but event rewards (no cerebral accelerators :disappointed_relieved:) and spawn rates are disappointing, so I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll bother.

Oh, my speed looks low because I projected the fit onto itself. I did it to see my rep rate, but my web applied as well. Anyway, my actual speed is 683 m/s.

Oh, I almost forgot. My remote reps also seem to move me up on the agro table, so my drones donā€™t get as much agro. Iā€™ve lost 2 Vespa IIā€™s in about 10 sites run.

I would definitely focus on the Emcee when he spawns. He contains the main loot drop, so better to secure that as quickly as possible (rather than let it fall into the hands of ninja looters and competitors).

I mean, you should be able to do them still, it just might take you a little longer because of rat resist profiles.

And here i was fitting and tanking my thrasher (800dps) to do the sites, iā€™m new with an alpha, i got around 8mil from salvaging the wrecks of someone else, too bad i canā€™t do the site

1 Like

Any logi fit will put you near top of agro, i think just below command burst.

Trig ships with a good fit can do well on these.

If you want to be a bastard, you have a gecko out with a remote armor rep on it, with the second ready for when it get major agro. Iā€™ve done this a few times (including PVP) and targets almost always try to kill the gecko, while you stay focused on target with little to no agro.

With good implants the HAC can really hurt, specially with the new trig implants.

1 Like

Trig ships are even more overpowered than Gila. Also, I believe that there were always the options that did better than Gila even for the old event sites with zero difficulty. The hate towards pve Gila is undeserved. It is funny that everyone hates Gila not nobody hates the fact that for the every new content in past years missiles were the best weapon platform to go for.

1 Like

The Gila is a great ship. Itā€™s powerful, versatile, and relatively skill friendly (yeah, you have two weapon platforms to train, but you donā€™t need racial cruiser and other prerequisites to V, like you do with hacs and T3ā€™s). That being said, there are few other ships in the game, and some of them might even be able to outperform the Gila at certain tasks :slight_smile:. I donā€™t know, why some people hate it. Maybe itā€™s because the Gila seems to have fan boys who are all Gila all the time.