Harrassement while mining by a random bumper

Fed Navy or Caldari Navy?

:slight_smile:

There is only one way…

Double web, scram, Overheated Neutrons with VOID. Makes me go all fuzzy.

3 Likes

Im not suggesting anything.

Im saying either the majority wants pvp or it doesnt.
Mob mentality is not the issue, market forces are.

So either the majority wants it and CCP caters for it, or they dont and its dumbed down/eventually removed.

At the end of the day if you arent smart enough to avoid being killed by “a few sad bullies”, I guess dumbing down will be the result. A result that leads to the decline of an original game.

But can you explain how “a few” are able to dictate to the many you alledge in this manner without resorting to childish insults?

1 Like

We are very angry people so we take it out on less fortunate players because we can

1 Like

This is the only right answer

Not that “oh they were bullied” or any other of that :poop:

Exactly what the game allows we do because we sure as hell can’t do it in other games.

1 Like

i really only ever shot people because i wanted to. i don’t care about their feelings. i’ve praised every single one who did not make it so easy and i paid those who caught me red handed.

can we delete this thread and instead talk about something fun, interesting … or both?

1 Like

Just don’t necro it all the time and it will go away.

A daily dump on the bumping thread seems to have killed it, but I guess it could also incur the wrath of ISD.

Not always.

1 Like

HE MANAGED TO BUMP YOUR VENTURE WITH HIS CRUISER??? Sorry, but WHAT???
It is hard to bump mining barges, ventures - as long as they are moving - is borderline impossible. Where you afk the whole time?

1 Like

Not just another system, at least few jumps.

lol, just noticed it was necroe’d.

This man speaks of no honor in their killing. This is a shameless act.

My only piece of advice is to find a quieter system to mine in. There are many. No, I won’t tell you where to go, because finding those quiet areas yourself is part of the fun.

3 Likes

well sir what i read everywhere

Problem: Forever Freighter Bumping. A player in who bumps a freighter pilot has zero risk with no aggression, has unlimited time to form a gank fleet,

i am a lone hs player who likes to mine a bit (2 monthly subscription every month hs player)

for me i was bringing my goods to jita in a freighter and that’s taking me for a ride of 40 minutes in my slow freighter
suddenly when coming out of warp at a gate halfway the ride ,i got bumped by a big marachiel for over 40 minutes
the only thing he said was i do this for the fun
so all and al after 40 minutes other big freighters came in the system and he just went on to do the same thing to them as well

he was not ganking but just harassing people

i decide if i am out of the monthly subscription to move along to another game

i am done with this childis behaviour
ccp is not addressing this
and they wont do anything about this stupid childish game play
so i am done neglecting the bumping mechanic was a mistake …if you ask me

and all the griefing and filthy mouths by 14 year old kids !
it’s unbelievable they tolerate it
from their own icelandic kids
you wonder how they learn and teach their own kids in insulting others
i call them just antisocial game developers
this GAME IS NOT WORTH MY MONEY ANYMORE

2 Likes

Wrong

1 Like

so why is bumping this still happening then?

Because it’s not an exploit, as it states on that page, down the bottom, in the list of things that are not exploits. CCP have addressed it, by making it clear that it’s not an exploit.

2 Likes

If you do, can I have your freighter, if not the rest of your stuff?

I still don’t get why people claim this. It’s all very symmetrical: a player who bumps a freighter is at the exact same risk as the freighter pilot itself. Attacking both will produce a CONCORD response, yet both can be attack and destroyed if another player is willing to accept the consequences. And the freighter pilot also has unlimited time to call for help. Also, the bumper has to spend almost all their time and attention to keep the freighter from leaving.

It’s pretty balanced all things considered. It probably is a little silly, having a bumper car mini-game in your spaceship combat simulator as the way to interdict haulers in high security space, but from a game balance perspective it is pretty balanced - bumping takes a lot of effort, has counters, and in itself, causes no damage but a loss of time. I wouldn’t mind it being replaced with something more intuitive and shooty-shooty for highwaymen to knock over the loot pinatas, but it is fine enough on its own.

Just fly something else - a DST is pretty good and immune to bumping if you can’t defend your capital ship. Or use contracts, as this is a MMO after all.

Or rage-quit. Just don’t forget to give me your stuff. :wink:

4 Likes