Help Make EVE Beautiful

I only know one thing. that my gts 450 graphics card is on weak graphics settings-colors are not transmitted correctly in the game, for example, that the metallic color looks white

уменьшите свечения от солнца пожалуйста. Она слишком яркая

The new colors look stunning. The background in Minmatar space is a little too bright for my taste, part of what I like about the Minmatar aesthetic is that it isn’t so bright and attention-grabby as for example Amarr colors are. Some colors that were already bright (the new fireblade skins for example) now seem to glare and blur with color overload. I think the space stations (in and out) are the big winners here, Amarr VIII and Jita especially look incredible. All together I’m really excited for this update.

If I could only get a new video card for less than my right-arm right now…

cryptominers :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes
  1. The nebula/gas clouds are WAY to bright now.

2. Some locations the stars look much better, with a much fuller sky. However some areas it makes the stars look more unrealistically bright / distracting from the foreground. Systems are to bright now in general due to this change.

3. Darker parts of planets are to dark now.

1 Like

Translation:
Please tune down sun glow. It’s too bright now

1 Like

Just judging by the Athanor screenshot in the dev post, this is going to be very controversial. This planet lighting turned the perfectly fine lighting of the Athanor into a comic sans-esque type of lighting where it shines light on stuff that was previously shadowed. Why is the planet light illuminating the parts in the front that are clearly shadowed by the structure parts behind them.

Just going by this one example, the change doesn’t make things better. It only makes things more childish and toyish.

This

is superior in terms of light effects quality to this

Also, and again just going by these screenshots. Did you really make more stars visible in front of the dust and gas clouds of the cluster nebulae? If so, you do realize that these clouds obstruct the light from stars and thus fewer stars should be visible where the cloud parts are, not more. The same problem happens in the other Athanor picture that is somewhere in Amarr space. You simply made more stars visible in areas where there should not be more stars visible. This makes the entire experience worse, not better.

1 Like

Oh my god, my time has now come.

This is an EARNEST REQUEST from a long time capsuleer. Please, can we take this opportunity, please? To reinstate the old weapon sounds?? They had such a punch to them and it was so delightful.

Im expected CCP to be lazy but you again break the expectation.

FORCE SETING BRIGTNESS UP AND CALLING IT UPDATE!!!

Thats a new level of lazy im seriousli didnt expected.

NOW PLEASE ROLL THE PATCH BACK SO THE SUN STOP BURNING OUR EYES!!!

1 Like

And what about steam user login to singularity please fix that before anything else :frowning:

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine There’s a lot of textures that need updating in this game. Turning up the brightness and saturation isn’t going to help things - it’s just going to make the low-res textures more obvious.

3 Likes

When warping to the sun I noticed that the sun’s light reflecting off my ship makes it look pink/purple :

Something is wrong with the colour emitted by the star, as shown above, and below. It affects the celestials too, which look weird. The background stars are over-amplified and makes it all look grainy. I remember when poeple got their first colour TV sets in the early 70’s and they all set the colours wayy too high. Ccp is now doing the same. Over-saturated and over-sharpened. The only one that look good is the station interior.

7 Likes

If you’re going to do this sort of thing, I would recommend the addition of some flip over ‘visor’ code, to replicate what astronauts use. Some places in New Eden are too bright to look at without such, and others are too dark, which is accurately depictive of what someone might see, but as any photographer would tell you, makes neutral gray filters an essential component for comfortably viewing them. Our spaceships are supposed to be as smart as WE are, and when my pupils contract to points, I’d react by increasing the filtering, and when even diliating my pupils to their maximum isn’t enough to see in the dark, I’d call for amplification!

3 Likes

So far I like the changes, feels like a grey haze has been lifted. Most everything looks better imo, however a lot of metallic surfaces (like the surfaces of certain ships/SKINs, and certain surfaces of stations) seem a bit too glossy to me. The “polished chrome” look is a bit intense. Also certain things cast in shadows seem a bit too dark to me, example: the nooks and crannies of ships, the dark side of planets/stations, they just seems a bit too dark to me. If the darkness of shadows was reduced just a smidge. And the glossy shine of metallic objects/certain SKIN paints, was decreased just a smidge, I think I would like it even more. But overall I think it is an improvement either way, at least it is to my eyes.

Edit: as others have stated, there is indeed a strange pink/purple light being emitted onto ships and moons, I’m assuming that is not working as intended. Can’t say I would like to have strange pink/purple light being cast on everything. Also: I think “Multimetus” brings up an excellent point, I would love some options for color/brightness augmentation visors. It is blinding when stars are in my field of view, which makes sense and provides an interesting light effect, but I do wish I could turn it down sometimes.

1 Like

ничего не изменилось кроме разрешения фоновой картинки. док станции вообще нищебродско стали выглядеть. лучше добавьте поддержку Vulkan API, все картинки космоса перересуйте особенно матарский космос (он на столько красный что до ужаса плохо видно текстуры кораблей и их окраску) свечение звезды тоже нужно убрать или сделать этот параметр настраиваемым. ну и наверное стоит все-таки менять этот движок на что-то более менее нормально с поддержкой DX12, Vulkan API. и еще хочу отметить, уберите шейдерное поле в аномалиях (оно просаживает ФПС и неприятное на глаз свечение раздражает будь то астеройдное поле или боевая аномалия).

Can someone report how much of a graphics demand on our cards is with this new update? I know someone reported a high temperature at least. But a report of frame-rate drops, etc, would be appreciated.

I run an old Nvidia GTX 710 TI with 24 gigs of ram. It chugs along okay two-boxing on above average settings, but like a lot of games these days, they upgrade their engine and I have to turn the notches down. And like someone else mentioned, now is NOT a good time to buy graphics cards. Ugh.

Dray CIl

1 Like

Looks like there are some issues in belts. This was taken in Lanngisi.

1 Like

1 Like