Here's a costly mistake I just made today

Mom let me use her credit card and I bought a bunch of gold for this game so I was able to get this guy and a bunch of purple gear too.

These guys in the chat thing were talking about things called explosion velocity
exp radius, signature radius, and target speed - but they sounded like nerds and it’s probably stupid anyway.

Now if you’ll excuse me, this Raven isn’t going to level itself.

I’ve lost all interest in doing level 4 missions the cost of time and reward to me at the moment is not worth it
I could see why people lean on mining it might not be as profitable but the barrier of Entry a lot smaller
exploration takes hours to do but you can do it with a ship it only cost 1 million you can come back with 100 to 600 million in 3 to 6 hours if you have a giant cargo ship you can sell NPC items off the market place
you can buy soil in one region for 48 isk and turn around and sell it for 90 in another region the issue is the weight of the stuff and the combat sites you can scan down in space also give better Rewards even the easiest ones can give you 300 million in stuff

I might revisit level 4 missions in the future at the moment they do not look like they’re worth the trouble

1 Like

Don’t give up, there’s no shame in dropping down to lv 3 missions in order to train up another level of skills. Mix in some Exploration sites and after a little bit of practice with proper planning, it can be quite profitable. The trick to finding an abundant supply of exploration sites is to find areas that have low to no population, low amount of jumps, low amount of NPC kills, etc. There’s plenty of out of the way deadend systems in high security where exploration sites tend to pile up. The Star Map is a great tool for finding them just by checking system stats.

1 Like

I think you may be guilty of not being aware of the 6 P’s

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Level 4 missions can be quite lucrative, OK, maybe not as lucrative as other areas of the game but certainly they can give you a decent boost ISK wise.

You have the rewards from the mission both in ISK and LP (Loyalty Points) that you can buy stuff with from the loyalty store (some NPC corps offer better rewards than others) I think Sisters of Eve is still good albeit milked to death for SOE probes and launchers

You can loot and salvage the wrecks either for items to build you own rigs (to use or sell) and to sell or reprocess the salvage (Although I know that has been nerfed to bits).

I think DeMichael Crimson has hit it on the head. Go back the level 3 missions, learn then mechanics f it all and feel comfortable with it, then go back and do some Level 4s. before accepting a mission google it, read about the mission, the triggers, the do’s and do not’s

You will soon find that L4s are a breeze and you will be looking for something more challenging.

Do them with a friend, sure you will share the rewards but you will smash through them a lot quicker, all the while skilling up to make the sites easier and easier.

1 Like

I see, well we can play that game then.

The other day in corp chat a group were discussing these crazy little things called rigs and modules and marveling at how they just might be able to affect silly useless things like explosion radius, explosion velocity and how they just might be able to reduce the affect the targets speed and sig radius have on damage calculations. They then wandered off into the mists of EvE carrying on a discussion about these new fangled things in the game they call skills an wondered if those skills could affect the damage equation directly or did they only have an indrect affect because they might unlock the ability to use those crazy rigs and modules.

1 Like

T2, precision ammo, rigs, modules, skills…NCQ&A my dear friend…

Someone needs to tell the eveuni folks their missiles 101 class syllabus is mistaken, then, 'cause they’re telling folks big missiles aren’t that great for small targets in contradiction to what you have revealed.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Missiles_101#Explosion_Radius
"One factor that may be worth mentioning is the damage reduction factor of a missile, which is a value that you can’t see in game, but you can find in external applications like EVEMon or PYFA. Smaller and more specialized missiles tend to have a smaller DRF, whereas larger missiles like torpedoes tend to have large ones. The smaller this value, the less your damage falls off when the target is travelling too fast - see the little graph on page 14 of the slideshow for an example of how this works. Essentially all it means is that big missiles like torpedoes and cruise missiles are truly awful at shooting small targets. "

1 Like

No, they can / do not.

While your at it, dont forget you raid chain armor plates of defence +5 Limited Edition, golden ammo of destruction, and armor piercing diamond tip never miss missiles.

I actually don’t use missiles much, hence the question: In this context (running L4s) can they apply “well enough”? That is, can they one shot npc frigates, destroyers, maybe even cruisers?

As long as you one shot them, it doesn’t really matter if you lose 90% of your damage on a small target. It was enough and you can’t fire less than one volley (well, ok, you could split guns and I think people do that for turrets and sentries? I’ve never bothered)

Now in pvp, with properly fitted ships, I’d expect it is a completely different answer. But this started as a discussion of missions and I am curious about the use of missiles for missions.

1 Like

My issue was the use of the phrase “extremely well” as it is categorically not the case. As for one shotting mission frigs, very possible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.